The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Pill That Slows Time

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
I've been dipping into some Bio chemistry research.

There are some compounds that could be assembled to make a time slowing pill.

It does seem possible on the surface.

A pill made from existing and organic compounds that can promote

Slow effects of aging
Longer time until you reach your destination - Death

Who to speak to next?

(Phsyciatrist?)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

townhaus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Feb 21, 2012
London
What do you mean...You cant slow down time...if you think its a possibility you need checked out!
You might be able to take drugs that change your perception of time, or the effects of aging however

Determined2012

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 22, 2012
Chicago, IL
I love this idea--- but my thought was a life span, life longevity type of creation. I would love to hear more on this topic.

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
Slow effects of aging
Longer time until you reach your destination - Death

@townhaus- Don't think he means time itself. More like slowing down the aging process.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
I'm sure there are smarter people than us researching stuff like that. This is the type of product that won't be developed by a "fastlane entrepreneur".

healthstatus

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Apr 11, 2011
Indianapolis, IN USA
That is on every pharmaceutical company's wish list. Right now lot's of money is being spent by the 40+ year olds on keeping HGH and other hormone levels at the 20-30 year old levels. The bigger issue now is keeping the mind functioning at ages beyond 80, doesn't matter how long the body goes, if the mind isn't working well.

Shade

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
May 16, 2011
England
A lot of products mentioned, or even extreme options for example modifying genes to do things such as increase telomerase* action have adverse side effects outweighing the benefits. For example increased telomerase action increases the risk of cancer**, and what's the point of slowing down the aging process if you're going to die of cancer anyway?

Less extreme measures such as injecting hormones or taking drugs which have an impact on the various different hormone systems also have a chance of different adverse effects for example negatively impacting the immune system hence increasing the chances of contracting a disease or life threatening virus etc.

Slowing down aging, or even stopping it completely will probably be possible eventually one day, but who knows if it will be possible within the life time of any of the members of this board or not.

*An enzyme which elongates telomeres; which are shortened every time a cell divides, meaning the lengthening of telomeres is essential for a cell to become "immortal".

**For a cell to become cancerous it theoretically needs to be able to divide a lot more than your average cell has the capacity to do so. Cancer cells are usually mutated to over-express telomerase and so if cells already have increased telomerase it is one less mutation required for a cell to become cancerous.

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
Why I said -

Pill that slows time

Instead of

Pill that makes you live longer

Both of the titles advertise the same thing, and yet one of them is totally different

Want to know more about a pill that slows time?

How can that be possible?

First of all I advice that you watch every single one of Brian Cox's - Wonders of the universe

It is the most awe inspiring television series I have ever seen. That is the only reason I advice you to watch it. Infact it has nothing to do with this pill apart from certain areas in which he goes into detail about the effects of time.

In particular his talk on The Arrow of Time <<<< Click here

Also,

How a sandcastle reveals the end of all things

Well over one year has slipped away since watching The Wonders of The Universe. I still think back over the series and try to wrap my brain arround the mind boggling real things it tells us.

But, please don't just watch those two clips - look him up on youtube and watch them all, grow your understanding of the place we live!

Okay so slow time?

Time starts at point A and finishes at point B

So it looks like this

A --------------------------------------------> B

A could represent the dawn of time and B the end of time in our Universe.

However

A could represent your birth and B your death

the arrow, your passage in time, i.e your life

A to B is a journey - (MJ talks about this in the fastlane book and it reminded me of Brian Cox's programs).

To get from A to B you must travel

When we travel the time it takes to get from A to B is determined by the speed we travel and the distance

Well, imagine that the distance is fixed. We have a predetermined age. Just imagine that.

How do you stop youself getting to the end of your journey (reaching your destination of death) if you are traveling at the same speed and the distance is fixed?

I'm not saying you can stop yourself. But another alternative that is possible, is to slow your speed down. Speed, in this case, is the equivilant of your time. So slow your time.

Note: I am not in anyway saying, go slowlane! ;)

By slowing your time it takes longer to get to your destination, B, which is death.

How do my pills do this?

You know what collagen is?

It's a cream that businesses in the skincare industry use in their facecream products.

It is proven that is does not work if applied in a cream.

It has to be injected.

The cream does not penetrate far enough into the skin when applied on the surface.

But, they still sell creams with collogen because there is scientific evidence that it can make you look younger.

They just leave out that it needs to be injected.

They make millions upon millions from collogen which is useless.

That is all I can say.

So, I can prove why my compounds I've identified will work and back up with a ton of scientific evidence.

What else do you need?

If it can be proven to have no adverse effects

Everything else is in the marketing

adiakritos

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
May 30, 2011
Of course there are fastlaners hungry to sink their teeth into something this! LOL

Hell, if I had the money I'd be selling drugs and researching this myself as well. Can you imagine the impact?! Literally changing the course of humanity.

I mean, that might not be the best thing for humanity right now, since we currently have a problem with exponential population growth and the environment.

It seems that the next challenges humanity has right now are not growth but maintaining it's self like a well oiled machine. We've got to stop growing in numbers and we've got to find ways to live in harmony with the planet.

Besides that, the biggest issue I see is the fear and disrespect of one of the greatest things of the universe: death. Can you imagine how long it would take for humanity to evolve out of old thinking and traditions if most of us lived to 200 years old? Lets say that most people in the world came into this technology 200 years ago. Where would we be today, economically, technologically, morally..etc today? Probably where ever we were 100 years ago.

I don't think we are ready as a species for such technology.

Determined2012

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 22, 2012
Chicago, IL
I have been researching this topic a lot on my own- prior to joining this site. I am enjoying reading all of the responses.

@Alty,

Is this an active fast lane idea that you are currently pursuing?

Shade

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
May 16, 2011
England
Alty, sorry I misinterpreted your first post, so you've actually identified several compounds, and want to put them together into a pill?

Was collagen just an example from the skincare industry or do you actually plan to use it as one of the compounds in the pill? Collagen is a protein and you'd have difficulty putting any beneficial amount in anything short of a pretty damn big pill, too big to swallow, especially if you want other compounds in there as well.

But, from what I understand your plan would be to release a pill marketed with pseudo-science, that doesn't really do anything, under the false premise it will slow down time? (By leaving out the important facts such as collagen wouldn't really have any benefit to anything at such a small oral dose). If so, you could probably make millions.

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
I would not put collagen into a pill.

Already exists I think and defintately does not do anything.

The point is it sells, that is all.

Shade

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
May 16, 2011
England
Yeah I understand your not putting it into a pill, I was just confirming that the idea was to put these "scientifically proven" compounds into a pill and sell them, because, people will buy them whether they work or not.

In terms of who to speak to next, when you said psychiatrist did you mean pharmacist?

All a pharmacist does is give medicine to patients, they're not involved in production in anyway.

A chemist would be the one who would synthesize the compounds.

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
OP refurbished this concept from the new Judge Dredd movie that is being released this year

No, I did not get my idea from a film I haven't seen, or heard anything about.

Does the film that hasn't been released tell you what compounds to use?

This idea first came to me 15 years ago in science class.

I only had an idea for one of the elements back then.

That on its own wouldn't really do it or be marketable.

I have a mentor now, a pro copywriter, who made $3 million profit selling health, diet and fitness products.

One of them he made himself, marketed and sold by the boatload. Should be interesting to see what he makes of this. :)

EastWind

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 31, 2009
USA
blah, blah, blah. I'm not even in the medical field and I call baloney. If you want to make a pill to scam people, you could make millions, until then...
Just realize whatever people put in their mouth can affect their health or life. Is it worth it?

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
Blah blah blah, that's nice.

There is no way of knowing until it is tested. It would not be sold if it was unhealthy.

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
I'm sorry alty but this one is not going to happen, even if you have the idea for the drug you or anyone you know does not have the money to get it through testing. Not to mention pfizer (as only 1 example) spends billions of dollars on drug research and development, if someone with a seemingly endless amount of money and resources can't develop it, how could you? If you are thinking about making a pill that doesn't do anything it claims to do, then you will not get it approved by the FDA which means you will have to sell it as a supplement and you will be joining the ranks of millions of others, I walk into my complete nutrition store and there are a million pills to get stronger, faster, loose weight, gain weight, even boost T (yes, like steroids). The problem is a lot of it is not good for you whatsoever, supplements are constantly getting banned and removed from shelves.

Lastly, no offence to anyone who wants to live longer, already over 780 million people do not have access to safe drinking water in the world, many experts suggest we will hit our carrying capacity sometime in the near future (before you and I die), the LAST thing we need for the survival of the human race is people living longer than they are already, so if you want to be the devils advocate and try and make this pill just so you can drive a Lambo around, be my guest, but that is probably one of the most destructive ideas I have heard in a long time. There are some things more important than money!

This may also be interesting to you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETD9NaL_-to

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
as a supplement and you will be joining the ranks of millions of others, I walk into my complete nutrition store and there are a million pills to get stronger, faster, loose weight, gain weight, even boost T (yes, like steroids). The problem is a lot of it is not good for you whatsoever, supplements are constantly getting banned and removed from shelves.

Can any of them claim with a ton of scientific evidence to help you live longer? I'm not talking everyday health supplements

Lastly, no offence to anyone who wants to live longer, already over 780 million people do not have access to safe drinking water in the world, many experts suggest we will hit our carrying capacity sometime in the near future (before you and I die), the LAST thing we need for the survival of the human race is people living longer than they are already

Not to mention the financial systems would be crippled, retirement funds are exhausted as it is; the governments of all countrys would not want this to happen

BUT you got to admit - Its an interesting idea, and I am going to explore it a bit further, at least get my theory tested by someone in the medical or pharmaceutical profession

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
BUT you got to admit - Its an interesting idea, and I am going to explore it a bit further, at least get my theory tested by someone in the medical or pharmaceutical profession

If you can invent a spaceship to travel to and technology to colonize almost any planet we need, then by ALL means, make a pill that makes you live forever, until then I think it is an absolutely horrid idea, no offence man, I respect you but there are places that we are not ready to explore scientifically.

Btw (on the topic of groundbreaking science) for anyone who is interested, scientists think they discovered the Higgs Boson last Wednesday!

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
If you can invent a spaceship to travel to and technology to colonize almost any planet we need, then by ALL means, make a pill that makes you live forever, until then I think it is an absolutely horrid idea, no offence man, I respect you but there are places that we are not ready to explore scientifically.

Would you say the same thing at 60?

Btw (on the topic of groundbreaking science) for anyone who is interested, scientists think they discovered the Higgs Boson last Wednesday!

That is cool!

I've been following that story since they started,

luckily no mini black holes have sucked us all in

if you know what I mean ;)

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
This is like the start of a good film.

The hero (of the film) comes up with something,

everybody is against it,

its new 'oh no'

then they see that it is good

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
then they see that it is good

Alty, a pill that makes people live longer is more destructive than handing the Taliban a nuke and letting them blow it off wherever they please. The movie should be about how the main character thinks he is making something good but then kills off hundreds of millions of people because he was to blind to see the consequences
:smx6:

To be absolutely blunt, it's not something to peruse, just don't waste your time

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
Lets have a voice out

Do people want to age slower?

State your reason

Determined2012

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 22, 2012
Chicago, IL
Alty,

I think Mike is entitled to his opinion, just like you are. You are for it, he is against it. I think you guys should agree to disagree.

I don't know about living forever- but to be able to extend lifespan by 20 years or so would be a cool thing.

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
This is one of those things that people would buy even if it doesn't work. Like Reservatrol juices and pills. They say that Reservatrol increases lifespan and slows aging, but there's really nothing to support that claim except ancient Chinese or Mayan legends, or something.

In fact, go to Clickbank and see how many products like this are being thrown around.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.