The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Piece Of Advice If You Have Any Problems

Anything related to matters of the mind

MillionaireWish

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jul 22, 2013
One thing I realized about life is the people in it. I may be young but one thing I learned is choose your friends wisely. For some reason I seemed to only trust few people, always putting in more work then the work they put it in for me. Likewise, I gave more then I received, trying to protect friendships that were worthless. I was shy and afraid thinking I could never find any other friends, so this is why I did what I did. Giving friends advice, when they didn't listen and failed still try to pick them up now i'm done! I may have zero friends right, now which means little social life .. I blame no one but ME for my mistake now its time to learn. By the way I will make new friends and when its all said and done they will offer me great things, as I will offer them..:icon_super: welcome to life!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ravens_Shadow

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
642%
Oct 2, 2012
Austin, TX
I think most of us on this forum have been through the phase of executing friendships for the better. Many of my "friends" figured the fastlane didn't exist and that the 9-5 grind was the only way in life. They all had the party now, and spend all the money we have on junk food and other useless items type of mindsets. Any attempt I ever made to discuss potential fastlane ideas were immediately shot down with slowlane motto's. Also many of what I thought were friends simply didn't care about their futures, nor did they care about any actual friendship other than when they needed something. They also only wanted to talk about useless "gossip shit" when I've learned that there are more useful things to spend my night talking about/reading/doing. I still have a few people in my life that may not have a fastlane mindset, but they provide other value to my life, so inturn they are still my friends.

TL;DR
Validate your friendships. If they don't provide great advice, mentor-ship, or general friendliness (promoting your attitude), then F*ck them.

yahdmon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
42%
May 3, 2012
I live in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
It is times like this that I wish there was a "Thumbs Down" or "Don't Like" button.

From reading your post it tells your immaturity. You still have a lot to learn.
As you grow older you will learn, I hope, that all your friends or persons in your circle do not all have to think or believe as you do.
Many of "US" have friends who are not fastlaners or are even endeavoring to be in the fastlane.
That is all good -- it works for them but that does not mean they cannot be great friends or even an asset to our fastlane lives.
If anything, it just means they are not at the mental level we are, and you and I cannot tell how many times they will have to read the book to get it. I have friends who I have bought the book for, they read it and still they sit back with ideas and just watch me bring one product after another to market, vacation and cruise to different nations constantly and they still think they can do what we do by working 82 hours a week at a slowlane job. It won't happen.

Be careful young man.
Be kind to all persons and above all do not be too quick to pair your friendship circle -- but do so with pace and wisdom.
You never know whom you will need tomorrow. All persons have value: even the slowlaners.

Marc B.

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Sep 23, 2012
Oklahoma
You will meet A LOT of people throughout your lifetime; treat them like gold. Give without expecting in return. The people who love you for it will stay and reward you with everything that they have to offer, and the relationships that aren't worth lasting will die out on their own. Trust that selfish, headstrong, toxic people are good at alienating themselves. Easy come, easy go.

Also...

Understand that it's not necessary for all of the people around you to have the same entrepreneurial mindset. I know people from all walks of life with jobs that pay minimum wage to six figures. Everyone has their place. Take a minute to look around the next time you go to a grocery store. The shelves are stocked, the floor is probably clean, and there are cashiers waiting to help you. Maybe you wouldn't be caught dead in any one of these positions, but you wouldn't want your store any other way.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.