What's new

Persuasion: Make your customer pick the option you want!

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

DrkSide

Bronze Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
675
Rep Bank
$1,955
User Power: 220%
So about a month ago I started selling on Ebay again after a long hiatus. Everything was going good and I even imported a product from China and have been selling it. Quality was great but I wasn't checking each one before shipping.

Yesterday, I received an email from Ebay saying that a customer had opened a complaint that his item was not as described. My perfect feedback record was going to be ruined I though. The complaint was that the item was missing a screw. This is more of a cosmetic issue than anything but an issue non the less.

What I did was steer them pick the option that I wanted them to by simple persuasion. I gave them three options:

  1. I can send the screw: I didn't want to have to go to the post office to send a tiny screw, plus they have a special head that needs a special bit. Win for him, lose for me.
  2. He can send the item back and I can send a new one: This cost the buyer money, me money, and was a lose for both of us.
  3. BUT WAIT! I told him that there was a third option of getting a partial refund: Customer had to do nothing and I just had to make a click. There was very little time involved so it didn't cost me money.
I knew, the way that I laid the options out that the buyer would pick the 3rd option. Due to the fact that he did not have to do anything and got money back. He did not know that this was also the best option for me and in fact it probably never crossed his mind.

Take Away: By laying out options in certain ways you can highly influence the persons decision and make it benefit each of you.

NOTE: If this had been my brand, and not another, I would have probably automatically sent him another without requesting the other back. This can create a loyal and vocal customer.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Vjev't qsivvz txiiv. O xomm jewi vu sinincis vjot piyv voni O neli e timm. Tu ges, O'wi huv qisgidv giifcedl tdusit...cav zua piwis lpux.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom