The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

You can become a Jedi Master of Persuasion. Here's how:

Anything related to matters of the mind

gersi.ndr

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 7, 2023
The movie Return of The Jedi, the final episode of the Star Wars series, includes a scene in which Luke Skywalker turns to Darth Vadar and says,: "I know there's still good in you. There's good in you. I can sense it"

This of course turned out to be pretty effective, considering that Darth Vader turned against the evil emperor, saving his own life, and restoring peace and hope for the rest of the galaxy.

What social influence technique did he use?

This strategy, known as the "Labeling Technique", involves assigning a trait, attitude, belief, or other labels to a person, and then making a request of that person consistent with that label.

Use this for good, because it definitely has the potential to be used for bad. This is a manipulative technique, that can make people second-guess their own beliefs.

You have a friend, and he doesn't let you borrow his car for example. What do you do? ...

For the next few days, remind him, of how generous he is as a person, and appreciate him for that... even if he is the complete opposite. Don't force it though, make it seem natural, or else they'll catch on to the act. Mention that he is a good friend, that is always there to help, and you'd do the same, cause "what are friends for?"

It's gonna take a few tries and fails to get good at this, and as I said, do not overdo it.

This is a business forum of course, and I'm not posting this to use it on your friends and family, but on potential clients and in your business.

I could give you hundreds of examples, but think for yourself this time, stop searching for answers that you can easily find when giving it a little thought.

(This is a technique I got from the book "50 Scientifically Proven Ways to be Persuasive")

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ajakupi

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Jun 1, 2023
Croatia
Thank you for sharing this.

I am looking for ways to create content on social media for my "business", so I can see if there is enough demand to start selling.

This "persuasion" technique if not overdone, could be one of the ways we could create content.

gersi.ndr

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 7, 2023
Thank you for sharing this.

I am looking for ways to create content on social media for my "business", so I can see if there is enough demand to start selling.

This "persuasion" technique if not overdone, could be one of the ways we could create content.
Good luck with that, there are more than a dozen other techniques that I learned from the book that can definitely help you. Maybe try and search for a "quick summary" of it, or "best persuasion techniques from (book name).

Panos Daras

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Oct 10, 2022
I am a Toydarian. Mind tricks don't work on me. Only money. What are you selling?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.