The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Personal Development for the Young Entrepreneur

Anything related to matters of the mind

As an entrepreneur what areas would you like help with?

• Total voters

lsamson1989

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Dec 4, 2014
Hey all,

I’m starting a website about personal development for young entrepreneurs and I wanted to hear your views.

Now I know everyone here might not be a young entrepreneur but I still want to hear your opinions.

I want to know what you guys want to learn. What do you need help with? What are your concerns?

Do you want to hear about dealing with stress in your entrepreneurial lifestyle? How about getting that extra motivation to continue on with your work? What about psychology ‘tactics’ to help persuade others when going to an interview or what not?

Or do you want to hear about simple, easy nutrition plans that will help give you more energy throughout the day without having to spend hours cooking meals.

Continuing on the same line of thought, how about simple 30min exercise plans that will help keep your health in balance?

I want to hear it all!

So please, tell me what you think. That way I can create really in-depth guides about what you actually want to know about.

I WANT TO HEAR THE PEOPLE’S VOICE!!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

lsamson1989

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Dec 4, 2014
Effective idea extraction! Much better with the ability to vote by the way. I voted. ;)

Edit: *Persuasion* ... you misspelled.
Thanks for the vote!

I thought this would be a good idea to what people actually want before I dive head in haha

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
Yeah, haha. As they say -- validate the market.

#1 is Productivity for me. I'm working on it but, it's a challenge. For example, right now I need to study for a quiz. I'm not though, :bored:. I'm logging off right now, but productivity specifically when online is what I need to work on. Too many distractions!

lsamson1989

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Dec 4, 2014
That's a really good idea, I know when I'm doing work on the computer I somehow always end up scrolling through facebook :)

Nicoknowsbest

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
396%
Mar 31, 2014
Austria
I hate cooking regularly, when working on normal days, when trying to get things done.
I hate spending money on greasy, unhealthy food that makes me tired, as an alternative.
I was deep into meal prepping on a Sunday, cooking healthy food when I was in the mood to do so.
Problem with this: it only stays nice for around 3 days. Usually on Thursday, it is disgusting.

@lsamson1989 - hope this helps! Curious what you can come up with :)

JFGD

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Nov 16, 2014
Lisbon, Portugal
One of the things that really is an obstacle in my point of view is the lack of action and what are good tactics for it.

Some people just want to become entrepreneurs, read some stuff, write their ideas on notebooks or so and ... read more stuff and write more ideas.
This is one of the things I find actually more difficult in the whole starting process. MJ states this reality pretty well in the book.

Mini Habits ( http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HGKNBDK/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20 ) approach to solve it is pretty good in my opinion as well.

lsamson1989

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Dec 4, 2014
Thanks for all these replies guys! This is fantastic!

@Nicoknowsbest - That's a good one, maybe some simple recipes which can be prepared before hand that actually taste good. I was also thinking of doing something about what foods to avoid, rather than what to actually eat. Because if you just avoid certain foods you can actually dramatically improve your diet.

For the last couple of months I've found what's been a really good change for me is snacking on healthier things. I used to always go for the cookies or chips when I wanted an afternoon snack but instead I've been getting dates (they are bloody delicious if you get good ones), mixed nuts, fruits, plain corn chips (proper ones not Doritos or something) etc. Would you guys be interested in maybe like a 'snack guide'? Haha

@José Duarte - I feel that a lack of action would be tied into motivation but with a stronger emphasis on actually having a concrete start on something, not just thinking about it.

MJ states this reality pretty well in the book.
Are you able to link me to this book please?

Also would the 'Mini Habits' be something you guys would be interested in. Maybe like 2-3 small habit changes that you can make on a daily basis to make your day more productive or enjoyable?

I'll be looking forward to your thoughts.

Cheers, Luca.

d.weglarz13

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Nov 2, 2014
This might be my first post. I love this forum though! Ok, I can tell you one thing. What you said above about even just avoiding certain foods can improve ones diet substantially, I just love that. I think using human nature and most people not wanting to really do too much work to get that body they want or whatever, you could be quite successful with a site that primarily markets health like that. Maybe you don't need a "whole diet to start again..." Maybe just don't eat this or that! I would just try to keep the list more basic, as it may start to seem more like a task when people see a page long list of good crap they can't eat lol. Just figured I'd try to give another opinion. You're definitely on the right track with your research though. Hope that helps some
Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lsamson1989

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Dec 4, 2014
Hi Dave, Thanks for the input!

That's what I figure, internet marketers want simple, easy solutions that don't require a lot of thought because often they are very busy people with a lot to do during the day. Yeah it would have to be a pretty basic list but I'd like to include some facts and less known truths. Things are already coming to my mind, for example, fat doesn't actually play a large part in becoming fat, sugar does, so how about only putting 1 sugar in your morning coffee rather than 2. Or try and find some healthier snack bars, even if they're not the healthiest thing out there it certainly beats eating chocolate or chips. Simple things like that..

d.weglarz13

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Nov 2, 2014
Haha I was speaking more about your potential customers wanting an easier solution to weight loss than perhaps a diet. I wasn't referring to internet marketers per say, but heck, yes it applies to all people in different ways. I'm already interested to see what you do with it. Best of luck!

lsamson1989

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Dec 4, 2014
Haha yeah I guess it would work well for most people! I was also having another idea, what about something on keeping a balance in life. A lot of internet marketers (especially those just starting out) have other jobs or a family and other commitments in life, what about a topic on managing a balance between work, family and internet marketing or something?

d.weglarz13

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Nov 2, 2014
You know I can see that. But to be honest, I think you are really on to something with motivation but what will set you different than the others, is that you incorporate the "Facebook distraction" problem or just mind wandering in general. I know I have this problem more than the other issues, and I'm sure it would be very informational based on the route you're going so far. Keep it up!

Dave

lsamson1989

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Dec 4, 2014
Thanks Dave, I will keep it up and I hope I can offer you guys something really, really valuable.

I was thinking I should start in the motivation/online productivity area and see where it takes me, potentially expanding in the future.

Nicoknowsbest

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
396%
Mar 31, 2014
Austria
@Nicoknowsbest - That's a good one, maybe some simple recipes which can be prepared before hand that actually taste good. I was also thinking of doing something about what foods to avoid, rather than what to actually eat. Because if you just avoid certain foods you can actually dramatically improve your diet.

For the last couple of months I've found what's been a really good change for me is snacking on healthier things. I used to always go for the cookies or chips when I wanted an afternoon snack but instead I've been getting dates (they are bloody delicious if you get good ones), mixed nuts, fruits, plain corn chips (proper ones not Doritos or something) etc. Would you guys be interested in maybe like a 'snack guide'? Haha

Sounds interesting. I know quite a lot about nutrition, so what bothers me most is not the "not knowing what to eat", but having it prepared and ready to eat when I need/want it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Camo & Gold

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Nov 28, 2014
Dirty South
My biggest problem as a young businessmen was resisting temptation. If you don't know how to control peer pressure, budgeting your finances or managing your time you won't get very far. Fortunately or unfortunately however you want to look at it I managed to realize this but several years down the road. For myself, this was harder than making money.

lsamson1989

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Dec 4, 2014
Hi Camo, Do you mean resisting temptation from a social perspective? Like not going out with friends as much to work more and save more money? Are you able to elaborate a bit please.

Cheers, Luca.

Camo & Gold

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Nov 28, 2014
Dirty South
Hi Camo, Do you mean resisting temptation from a social perspective? Like not going out with friends as much to work more and save more money? Are you able to elaborate a bit please.

Cheers, Luca.

I'm mainly speaking about the party scene. There is nothing wrong with letting loose with your friends but this can be easily over-done and abused. For instance, I would spend a bunch of money on alcohol and drugs, then spend money on food. Then the next day was recovering from a hangover & being lazy then repeat the cycle again.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.