The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

People

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
This is my very first rant! Ha..Ha..usually I suck it up and let it go...but fortunately, I get tired of people telling me from back home the tough love crap, don't be a victim, this is my life story, I've had to work all my life etc. etc. I'm not following their rules of what the world tells them to do and how to survive.

I get frustrated with people, because I have an entrepreneur mindset and it's way above their head. It doesn't make sense to them, and I feel like I'm on another planet emotionally, mentally, spiritually, and everything I say triggers them. I'm dealing sidewalk people that don't walk their walk and talk their talk.

My son is back home and I want him to be responsible for his choices. I teach him to have a higher mindset, and share books etc. He's doing what he can do on the other side of the ocean and has to deal with these people bashing me because I moved over to the Netherlands to get rid of the toxic lingo.

I study and work on my projects 8-19 hours a day all week long. I'm learning and growing as an entrepreneur. Sidewalk jobs aren't going to get me out of my situation. I wouldn't be doing everything I do, if I didn't want succeed in life.

There's things out of my hands and control and I can't make the process go faster. People want results now and forget there is a process to everything.

It frustrates me because I already know all this shit they lecture about, and learned the lesson four years ago. I know not to respond or interact with these people. If I do it's usually because they contact me.

I'm way passed the past and don't need the story, and bigger than the story. I'm sorry they're still stuck in the old me, but she's been gone since 2011.

There's nothing I can do to change these people, save them, fix them, or make finances appear out of the sky at their whim and wish. I do what I can every moment to get there.

I don't depend on anyone, and my sleeping schedule is screwed up from working on my projects. People have expectations and that's exactly why I'm going this route because I'm sick of hearing about their life stories and victim hood, at the same time them trying to convince me that I'm in victim hood, and I haven't asked them for a dime the last year and half. I walked out of the situation because success comes with making sacrifices.

I'm not one to mope over shit anymore. Life happens by my choices, and I get the whole tough love etc. I just don't care to listen to people that are in their circumstances and not really out of sidewalk mentality and expect me to revert back to it.

You can't go back to it, once you're out of it in your mindset. It totally doesn't make sense to do all this work and go back and say I'm fine with being stupid and making bad choices.

I'll be glad the day I can arrive some place financially they can all shut-up. Thanks for listening. I don't like complaining, nagging, or bitching, so I just broke my own rule. But sometimes I feel like I'm trapped in a world of people that try to drive you mad with their madness, or the other route I could drive myself mad, and my preference is to stay in a place where neither route gets to me negatively. I like to be peaceful and in balance.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Visionquest

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Oct 22, 2014
WOW one of those days. Ive been there. Good you have place to get it out. Sometimes I think Im the only person who thinks the way I do. I feel insane at times. People tell me about the new company contribution plan of 3000 per year to their 401K and I think wow that sucks. Cant say it or Ill lose the few friends I have. Let it out and move on
Have a good one

Deon

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Jun 19, 2011
Miami, FL
There's nothing I can do to change these people, save them, fix them, or make finances appear out of the sky at their whim and wish. I do what I can every moment to get there.

You just answered yourself right there.

Also, about your son... I know it is good to point him in this direction, but my humble opinion is not to push him too hard on this. Some people need time to decide what they want for their lives. Don't push books that hard, it will just make him hate it even more.

Be your own success and people will follow or be inspired. Don't force it on them.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I agree with you. I'm getting slack for taking your exact advice. lol I'm dealing with people this is why I'm the bad mother allowing my son to take responsibility for his life and allow him to make his choices instead of dictating his path. These people kind of have dominating and controlling out look on life. Ultimatums always come in, because they're way is the right way.

That is what irritates me the most I learn about non-violent communication even judo communication. lol Trying to figure out some way to deal with people and diffuse their negativity. I am not sure this is possible. People have their perceptions and mindset and convinced they have the right answers. Fortunately, their experience doesn't say much itself, and than you understand when you've failed enough times taking their direction in life, it's not going to ever work. They believe so...so yes as long as they have their 2,000 dollars a month they seem to believe they're a success. lol

I suppose to a degree they are in their eyes, but I just have bigger dreams and a bigger picture. I don't necessarily need to be a millionaire, but enough money to never depend on anyone else, and running my own business would be ideal.

I've had enough of that lifestyle. And when you come to live in Europe it's even a bigger motivation to make that dream come true. When you stand in France, Germany, Belgium, and Netherlands you see the world's much bigger than a small town on Lake Michigan.

My dream was traveling the world, and although I'm not very far with money, somehow I've been blessed enough to see Europe. Here I'm at peace and free to work on my projects, see other things, gain new perspectives, grow and become more.

I don't regret coming here, and while I'm bashed for choosing a better life, the sacrifices are not easy, and the bashing just is crazy. lol I don't even react or respond, but I hear about it from my son. I feel bad for him.

Like you said, I can't change any of them. I've known that all along. Focus on being mindful, being self-disciplined, and work hard. I have my moments like now, and become impatient with myself, but it will come in time.

Just blows my mind sometimes, you hear all this shit and yes, at one point you probably need to hear it, but when you've left that area, and grow so much over time and they're still the same and you've changed and keep changing it's just weird. It's going in places they've never been, so how can they understand it, they were strong enough to do it, or make up their excuses etc. They want you to change, but when you do they don't stop with the negativity. I suppose I'll get used to it.

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
I think that part of this problem with people is agitated precisely because we try to impress others with our business skill. I think that it is important to return to our roots, and realise that what we do money for is really to protect a few things, family situations, our ideas, and our self expression I think we can start to get lost in the pursuit, and lose our humanity along the way. And it manifests as frustration and anger at others and ourself.

To me, its all about, being both business savvy and RETURNING to my roots, and my personal values. I believe personal values resound the most in peoples hearts and are hardest to ignore and abuse. I think that going straight at business makes us like tin, common and fodder for gunfire practice, but if we return to our roots we become platinum. The rare person that will protect the things that they care for at their roots, and what has earned their true affection and place in their life.

I'm not one to mope over shit anymore. Life happens by my choices, and I get the whole tough love etc

Tough love is their limitation. Its a symptom of not feeling you have answers yourself but believing you have a chance at influence. It gets bitter when people take the validation away, so they expect a reason to appear from the sky that excuses their life results (all others are at fault, you are fine).

Its a selfish little self serenade, too blind to realise its toxic and harming those who are connected to it.

You can't go back to it, once you're out of it in your mindset. It totally doesn't make sense to do all this work and go back and say I'm fine with being stupid and making bad choices.

You will never return to it.

so I just broke my own rule. But sometimes I feel like I'm trapped in a world of people that try to drive you mad with their madness, or the other route I could drive myself mad

You have it sorted out.
And its great to hear you get it out.
F#ck their madness.
It is only what YOU do that will ever matter.

Let go, and trust.
Live inside yourself and appreciate who you are.
Expand that circle in time, with courage, and bring your son in.

It is OK to have a few tough tough tough years, a child can understand it all.
But what they want to see most, is who you are at heart.
And you mattie are a woman of character.
A boy can grow into a man and understand, and push away all the same things you have, and smile knowing that he has your example at his back to give him wings.

You are not a failure, you are the only success that matters. The one that fights with TRUTH, not the superficial illusions these other false mothers and fathers pretend is a problem.

You are real. A real mother. And you'll find strength, because of your love.

Respect that he will one day understand you Mattie.

Your mother, will never be HIS mother in his heart. Even though she tries in all these pathetic ways. Only you hold that place in his world. Trust in his strength, to be strong with you, and find truth in the madness.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jam Wheel

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Jul 14, 2014
UK/US/SE
Are you an American living in Europe? Because that throws up all sorts of similar issues to the entrepreneur path. Its all about walking a path that is essentially perpendicular to the life path everyone has scripted for them in the US and its hard to constantly defend your choices. When you emigrate things have a longer lead time than the country of your birth, and many people may think of you as failing because they don't have any reference (or interest) to understand that it takes time to learn new systems in a new country in order to be successful.

To keep going with what you are doing without visible evidence to outsiders is difficult but what are your choices? To quit and go back to the mundane? Unlikely :)

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
Is it wrong that I generally see rants as an emotional reaction to something you can't and should not attempt to change; therefore void?

I can't imagine MJ DeMarco, Vigilante or Allen posting a rant.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
@Jam Wheel I haven't gotten to the Netherlands part yet. I'm here, but learning the language, and probably do have to learn some stuff over here. I'm online mainly with U.S.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
@smarty like I said...lol this is the first time I've ranted about anything. And I don't make a habit of it. There just comes a point where everything sounds like a broken record.

Get Right

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jul 16, 2013
Sunny Florida
Ha! No problem, rants are a good way of processing stuff sometimes. A few things you might consider:

1. YOU are on the journey. YOU are growing, not them. They will NEVER get it...even when you make your goal.
2. "F" em'. Nobody is going to help you more than a few nuggets here and there. It's all up to you. It's your mission. Do it or don't, nobody but you cares.
3. You will get better at handling others with time/experience. Remember those sh!tty times in your life?....well guess what, those guys live it every day and aren't even trying to get out.

Good luck man, you'll make it.

Sam Buchalter

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 22, 2014
Man oh man, does this ever sound familiar. You can't change people.. that's for sure. But you're right with respect to mindset.. once you change it then really, it's impossible to go back . I've had plenty of days when I've considered turning in my entrepreneurial ventures for a regular 9-5.. sometimes it sounds so tempting. When you finally realize how the world works... and how most people in positions of authority really have no clue as to what they're talking about, it becomes that much harder to work for someone else!

I recommend reading "How to win friends and influence people". If you can see situations from other people's perspectives, you'll be able to deal with them a lot better... I feel like if you go through life with a " everybody's stupid except for me" attitude, in the end, you're the one who ends up suffering for it...

Best to kill it and be thankful for other people. If we didn't have employees, we wouldn't have employers. If we didn't have so many people with their head up their a$$, then we'd have nobody to sell products/services too.

Keep yo chin up!

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Thanks guys! I appreciate the support. Yes, I will make it! I suspect I will get used to it the more I go along. There really is no turning back now as you said. The only thing I would do is clash with them on a regular basis. They won't ever understand as you said, because they've never done the work themselves. I do think about where I was, and how much time and effort I put in, the miles, the discipline, and it would by a bit silly to do all the work for nothing.

Like you said, it is my journey, and told myself this earlier. No one is going to be happy about it, because it's not their journey. I will check that book out. I have been reading some communication books lately on non-violent communication, and judo communication. I was looking at some persuasive books too, and presentation. Thanks for the help. :)

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Ha Ha! Well I know what he meant!

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
Let people talk all they want. Shush them with your success.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
@MoneyDoc that's the plan! The point being they're doing a lot of talking, not a lot of walking. Words are pretty useless unless actions are behind them. It's easy to sit around on the couch and gossip about it all. It doesn't take much effort really. I waste my time differently learning, growing, developing, and creating and success will come. Great people don't get there, by listening to faultfinders and naysayers.

Right now, I believe I"m in this place where I'm changing communication techniques and already in a different mindset and basically it just clashes with them because they don't understand it. It's more of foreign language if they haven't experienced it.

I understand their mindset and behaviors, just there is nothing to say or do with them. The only thing left is to succeed and be happy regardless. You really have to be, because other people don't learn to be successful if you stay in the same place as them. It may be painful for them, but really it's part of the process and their lessons to figure out why they're creating their world.

I checked in with my mentor today, so feeling a bit better and of course all your comments. Think the biggest hurdle was two years ago and understanding It's not my job to make them happy and it doesn't do any good for me to play small to fit their bubble. I'm not here to make everyone in the world happy. There's no reason not to succeed.

I'm sure my professor's at my old school will be more than happy once I do succeed, because they already seen this potential in presentations etc. It's just pitiful when strangers can see your potential, talent, successes, but your family is stuck in their delusion. I suppose I know what the video means at this point. lol

I'm not there yet, but I do know I'm already the villain, rebel, the crazy one, for thinking differently, so I must be on the right track. lol
You can't make changes in our society by following the herd. I was born to be different. I've always been that way, and for a long time I played small to please others and never reached my full potential. I stopped doing that in 2011 and think once you make that choice and understand it, it doesn't matter what people say or do, you just keep moving through the obstacles.

I have growing pains like today, but I know to just get rid of it, and keep moving. Thanks again for your support! :) The fast lane forum has moved me up since April to even a higher mindset. It becomes part of that success and sure I've changed the last few months from it. I'm sure I will more.

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
@MoneyDoc that's the plan! The point being they're doing a lot of talking, not a lot of walking. Words are pretty useless unless actions are behind them. It's easy to sit around on the couch and gossip about it all. It doesn't take much effort really. I waste my time differently learning, growing, developing, and creating and success will come. Great people don't get there, by listening to faultfinders and naysayers.

Right now, I believe I"m in this place where I'm changing communication techniques and already in a different mindset and basically it just clashes with them because they don't understand it. It's more of foreign language if they haven't experienced it.

I understand their mindset and behaviors, just there is nothing to say or do with them. The only thing left is to succeed and be happy regardless. You really have to be, because other people don't learn to be successful if you stay in the same place as them. It may be painful for them, but really it's part of the process and their lessons to figure out why they're creating their world.

I checked in with my mentor today, so feeling a bit better and of course all your comments. Think the biggest hurdle was two years ago and understanding It's not my job to make them happy and it doesn't do any good for me to play small to fit their bubble. I'm not here to make everyone in the world happy. There's no reason not to succeed.

I'm sure my professor's at my old school will be more than happy once I do succeed, because they already seen this potential in presentations etc. It's just pitiful when strangers can see your potential, talent, successes, but your family is stuck in their delusion. I suppose I know what the video means at this point. lol

I'm not there yet, but I do know I'm already the villain, rebel, the crazy one, for thinking differently, so I must be on the right track. lol
You can't make changes in our society by following the herd. I was born to be different. I've always been that way, and for a long time I played small to please others and never reached my full potential. I stopped doing that in 2011 and think once you make that choice and understand it, it doesn't matter what people say or do, you just keep moving through the obstacles.

I have growing pains like today, but I know to just get rid of it, and keep moving. Thanks again for your support! :) The fast lane forum has moved me up since April to even a higher mindset. It becomes part of that success and sure I've changed the last few months from it. I'm sure I will more.
That's the spirit! Now go get it.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Thank you Money Doc! I know I have it! It just took me to be in the Fast lane to see that even more. I suppose the only way you become great is when you hang out with great people. I do have to admit when I entered the Fast lane It was pushing buttons, but it was necessary to morph into the next level of a butterfly. You can only fly as far as you're will to go and what barriers you're willing to break down. How bad do you want it? When you know you got a heart of a champion the only thing you can do is become that more and more and shine in the others darkness.

It's amazing when you feel the level of change the more you go. There's still work to be done.

Jamesdoesmith

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Aug 14, 2014
simply keep moving. if I had as much money as I did slow laner opinions I wouldn't be at work right now...or on this site... Having just cut the fat of a very toxic and negative girlfriend...I know the feeling just keep moving...you don't sell the business after one red day do you? go back to your grindstone...hit the gym...run some laps....remember why you started... for me I always go vacuum my car....I worked for Avis and Budget rentals and I can hear shop vacs whenever I want. I can feel the 112 dallas july days of busting suds on a car too hot to soap up. Go revisit some of that...trust me you will forget all the doubt in the world.

Tommy92l

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 20, 2012
I know the feeling man. A buddy that used to motivate me came back from college to hang out. He basically told me that his parents cover his college, and then he began to brag about how wasted he gets. To be fair, maybe he is doing well in academically.

I've failed a lot, but I told him I will never give up. Because of the pressure and negativity from others, basically had a mental breakdown.

When I told him this, he laughed in my face and said "Nice optimism".

You're gonna make it man, we all are in one way or another if we never quit.

Just as everyone else here always says... once you make it, you can look back and have them say - He was lucky.

gostorm21

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Sep 9, 2014
I know the feeling man.

You're gonna make it man, we all are in one way or another if we never quit.
a3a476ef18c0913455db10ddc4c2f042-1-png.8473

Last edited by a moderator:

Formless

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 27, 2013
This is an observation from my own life.

When people spend time together and become friends, their position (relative to you) becomes set in stone. They may see themselves as better, worse or equal in certain aspects of life. When you begin to change and upset that established order (i.e. start going somewhere) jealousy is the first instinct to kick in for the other guy/gal. Because when they are in your presence, an aspect of their self-worth is in part directly related to your position in life.

Anyway, good luck... Man :)

The Grind

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Oct 17, 2014
I struggle with the same issues. I say to myself, when I've built a system that prints money and makes the world a better place, non of this crap will matter.

I also tell myself, until I start getting results in business. It doesn't matter how much I study "the fast lane" I'm still just like a sidewalker with a poor mindset. Knowledge doesn't matter. Only the application of it.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
It doesn't matter how much I study "the fast lane" I'm still just like a sidewalker with a poor mindset. Knowledge doesn't matter. Only the application of it.

I"m way past the poor mindset and have been since 2011. I study every day, because to be a good writer there's a lot to learn about different types of writing that has to do with being a life coach/blogs, fiction, poetry, short stories, and novels. I've had to learn a lot to become an authority in my field, and it's part of the business to my stuff. I also apply it every day. I know instant gratification isn't the way it happens.

My motivation isn't money! And the Why? The Why? Is bigger then money. I suppose the fast lane is a road to travel down, at the same time to stand up for what I believe. I suppose when you've had a friend killed and missing and possibly by a serial killer, another one shot down on the ground, just because some poor a$$ was playing victim, and needs to steal, and thinks he's a tough hustler on the street, it changes you. These are just two of my why's.

And I have a long list of them, and sure I could have that poor mindset. I could blame the government, the system, the rich man for these child abuse, the domestic abuse, the victim mindset. I don't and refuse to play victim. I am the one alive. I'm the writer, the advocate, the voice to speak out, and while I can't save the world, I can't change every one, I can make at least a dent in their belief system, their mindset, and the result comes out every time I write a short story, an article, poem, and get my novel edited and published.

It doesn't matter if I'm a side walker, slow lane, or fast lane, you don't have the right mindset because you're rich. It's because you grow up and mature, take responsibility for your thoughts, actions, and behaviors. You stop blaming the world for your circumstances and how much money you have in your pocket. You don't have to be a rich man to respect another person, have compassion, or empathy. You don't have to be rich to be whole and complete. You don't have to be rich to fearless, brave, or have courage. Money doesn't make you or break you.

While I there are obstacles along the way, I may get frustrated at times, but the motivation is always there because of my experience in life since I was born. I've seen and witnessed to much from different aspects of life. You just have to face your fears. And get out of there, the negative environment, and negative relationships that hold you back.

Every one has a chance if they believe in themselves. This journey is one you move in alone. If you're lucky you have a good few men or women by your side. The world has it's beauty of life and darkness that we wish didn't have to appear. I've learned to accept both sides of the coin without fear. There is no point in being angry about the world. It is what it is. All you can do is forgive and let it go. Put your 100% best into what you do.

The fast lane would be my freedom to do what I wish and not have to ever be where I've been before. I propel myself forward to do great things. I don't even think about it every day like you. I apply myself every step of the way every day. You can't think about where you've been, but where you're going every day. Application and action is the only answer in life.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.