The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

[Pecunia - Progress Thread] - My road to generating more income

Anything related to matters of the mind

Pecunia

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Dec 13, 2023
Hi everyone,

Yesterday I got promoted at my job as a software developer after putting in good effort the last two years. In the car on the way home I realized how ridiculously small the increase in monthly paycheck will likely be, and instead of happy I started to feel very bad and annoyed.

I just bought all three books from MJ DeMarco and my goal is to read all three of them and apply what I learn. My goal is to generate more income and hopefully be able to quit my job at some point. I realize I need to set a clear goal to work towards, but right now I can't even see myself living a life where I make for example 10k a month from online sales, or where I generate 10k a month income. Hopefully over time this becomes more clear. To be honest I am not even sure yet if I want to start selling stuff online, working for an hourly rate, or trying to create something like my own app/online product and try to sell that. At this point, I am lost (which is why I selected mindset as prefix since I think this needs work), I only know I want to have a life with more freedom and more income.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Pecunia

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Dec 13, 2023
Currently at chapter 7 of Millionaire Fastlane . Two quotes that did stick with me (especially the first one)
Without process, no event.
If you want to change your life, change your choices.

My gut feeling was right, even though I was promoted to medior software developer, the increase in salary was minimal. In 2 years my salary did grow around 9%, while added inflation was 14% (you can argue this). This feels wrong since I have 2 years extra experience and I deliver more value to the company. I did send an email to HR why I think this is unreasonable (showing datapoints of averages in my country for example). My gut feeling is again that this won't do much since the other developers get paid bad too, but it seems like it is not a problem for them since they still live with their parents or rent with friends.

Long story short: I will most likely change jobs in 2024. The other option is to stay at this company (low stress) and try to build a side business in the meantime, I did not make up my mind yet. I have 1.5 weeks off from work now and will read more of the books, hopefully that can help clarify this for me with regards to the roadmap I want to take.

Pecunia

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Dec 13, 2023
Got a call last Friday in the afternoon from HR, I got a very small salary increase. Better than nothing, but absolutely not satisfied.

Currently at chapter 14. ''Funny" how the book exactly describes why working for a boss isn't the way to go. Even if I would switch jobs now I would get like 200/300 bucks a month extra after tax. It helps, but the situation is still sad. I want to get out of this slowlane.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.