The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Patent Question

Antonio.

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Jul 28, 2007
Saint Louis
I'm in the process of creating a simple invention for common places all over the world. Would anybody on here have a reference for a top-notch(A1) patent attorney. I was just going to do the patent myself but this is a solid invention and I just wanted to see what would be in my best interest.

Thanks

Tony

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ
Also try Invention Assistance, Patent Information the book is a must read for aspiring inventors even though it was written 10 years ago, it highlights the steps from idea to licensing and how to save money by writing some of the patent applications yourself and just having an attorney to review it prior to submission.

After reading it myself, it's a huge eye opener as I have a few ideas and it helped dispell two big misconceptions of inventing, 1 positive, 1 negative:

Positive Misconception- Invent something and sit back and get the royalties - WRONG!!!

You still need to work on constantly improving your invention for future sales, while keeping the team you have assembled on their feet to keep producing, marketing, protecting and selling your invention!

Negative Misconception- It costs a lot of time and money to invent and unless I have the time/money/equipment/expertise of an engineer working for a major manufacturer not to mention the money and hassle of a patent I can't invent- WRONG!!!

The book highlights a lot of steps of inventing, some of which have been discussed here such as building a sales team and marketing the product prior to having a working prototype(most initial pitches are done with make-shift prototypes or even drawings).

In fact it also has examples of major inventions that were created by independent inventors working as consultants to major companies in exchange for licensing rights, which pretty much means you use their resources to invent, they own the sales/production rights and you get 3-5% of the total sales in royalties :coolgleamA:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
I did work for Finnegan, Henderson in the past. they are actual lawyers i think they do searches and all that as well. Huge offices in downtown DC

Finnegan

Extra

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Sep 9, 2007
Nor/So California

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts