The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Passive income is not for everyone!

Lights

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Apr 13, 2011
On the Internet
Here's a great article on how creating passive income and stop working can be a failure for your life. It was wrote by the megablogger Steve Pavlina. It might not be for everyone. Comments are welcomed.

-->The End Game of Passive Income

I notice that is going on with one user who was bored of his life, and needed ideas on "what to do".

I think the title is misleading, since the writer is just talking about how passive income can lead to depression. Passive income isn't bad, and it doesn't mean everyone goes into depression because they have no purpose on what to do.

I for one, won't ever get bored with life, since life is like a sandpit with many things to do. I may hate it at times, but that's because I have "psychological uniqueness" lol... it's not because life is so hard.

If a day job gives you purpose, why quit it? Just keep doing it even if you are a multi millionaire.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Who ever says that passive income isn't for everybody doesn't have it and/or doesn't really get it.

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
If your one of those people who needs to work to keep from getting bores, then collect your passive income and still work a job, problem solved!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Trevor Kuntz

Professional Dog Owner
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Feb 5, 2012
Arizona
I can agree with Steve in a way. I don't want passive income so that I can sit around and waste my life away. I want passive income so that I can do the things that I want to do without having to worry about paying the bills. I want to be able to work with refugees whenever I want. However, I don't want to be a burden on a refugee center and I don't want to HAVE to work with refugees to survive. Also, working with refugees, surprisingly, pays very little. Bettering the lives of others is what brings me happiness in life, so I want to be able to do that without worrying too much about my own life or my own financial issues.

Rickson9

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Sep 4, 2010
Canada
I prefer passive income to active income. I don't have a problem not working. I've never been accused of being the human equivalent of a hamster on a wheel.

I like the ability of passive income to give one the opportunity to engage in introspection. Most avoid it because they don't like thinking of such things - so they keep on doing something, anything.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Passive income will help me build more passive income and buy expirences that will be exiting and fulfilling.

The author of the article is a douche.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

911Carrera

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Aug 1, 2011
WTF is this? Just because you have passive income doesn't mean you have to stop doing what you enjoy. As a matter of fact, passive income allows to do what you want without worries. With passive income, you can be the be outspoken and innovative at your profession without worries of getting fired or losing customers

Yussef

Knowledge Recycler
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 30, 2012
The only "Job" I ever want, is counting my own money. And I want that to be full time.

danoodle

Freedom Seeker
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 1, 2011
Kansas, toto
Did you actually read the article? Steve is advocating passive income, but saying if you don't have a higher purpose, the "high life" in and of itself gets old pretty fast. Steve is huge on personal development and saying that you need to have the end game in mind if you are trying to support yourself on passive income alone. This is not "get rich quick" without doing the difficult work up front. You need to have the proper mindset when it comes to money, whether passive or not. He encourages you to find your purpose in life, and is saying you should pursue it some manner even if you are still working a day job.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I guess you dont know who I am then. A person who doesnt give a crap who Steve Pquliny is.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Lmao :D

Charles Fuchs

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 28, 2012
Las Vegas
Hmm I went through something like this..... Its just a cycle depression. Once you obtain lots of your goals and have money to free up all your time.... you will start to think clearly and questions yourself (the why) in which challenges all your beliefs system that was conditioned in you all of your life from school, job, parents, etc etc. (Matrix). People also lose lots of passion, all you have to do is give it some time and get your passion back.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.