The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

This is too relatable for everyone.

Idea threads

RandomKid

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Nov 6, 2021
I was searching on twitter the keywords"I wish there was" to find what people are in need for nowadays and unsurprisingly most people on social media and internet are frustrated with ads. But wait not all ads. The ads which are obnoxious, ads of stuff they already have, autoplay ads etc.
Before reading the next line I would recommend reading this article
Assuming you read that article. I would like to introduce a concept of ad filters as mentioned in the article but in light of what I think how they would work.
Ad blockers have been around and most of them being either illegal, losing billions for MNCs, blocking ads of desirable products altogether. Ad filters as I think would in turn save billions for companies, help users to customize their ad preferences and conclusively help both the customer and the company. Coming back to how it would work.
A website/app where you can chose what type of ads places do you prefer and what type of ads you find frustrating - headers, pop ups, footers etc. Based on these preferences your ad places on websites would be set up. If you already have a product of a company and don't want it's ads then in that case the company would also not like to show you that ad and save some money on those wasted ads. So you could enter the product you have on the website and avoid it's ads for a duration. These are basically just a pinch of some comforts for both the companies and customers they want in the advertising game surely there are more options that would and should be available on the filter.
All ears to hear about opinions on such an ad filter and how many of you would like to actually use it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

woken

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Mar 24, 2021
London, UK
A website/app where you can chose what type of ads places do you prefer and what type of ads you find frustrating
That alone is why people won’t sign up.

You want me to basically do the work so you know which ads work best for me:rofl:
That’s billions in marketing data.

It helps the website/app and the advertisers, but I fail to see how it would help the customer.

Most of the time I don’t care if it’s MJ’s new book wrapped in gold foil with silver pages as an ad. I don’t want it, I’m trying to focus on the task at hand.

With that being said, I’d use an app that blocks all ads, forever.

eramart

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Aug 31, 2015
Moscow, Russia
I do remember seeing somewhat similar startup - they were trying to replace normal ads with their own curated stuff. They even used some kind of revenue sharing model for subscribers. AFAIK, nobody cared.

RandomKid

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Nov 6, 2021
That alone is why people won’t sign up.

You want me to basically do the work so you know which ads work best for me:rofl:
That’s billions in marketing data.

It helps the website/app and the advertisers, but I fail to see how it would help the customer.

Most of the time I don’t care if it’s MJ’s new book wrapped in gold foil with silver pages as an ad. I don’t want it, I’m trying to focus on the task at hand.

With that being said, I’d use an app that blocks all ads, forever.
So you are saying that you don't want any ads on your phone anywhere, even if they are according to your preferences?

RandomKid

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Nov 6, 2021
I do remember seeing somewhat similar startup - they were trying to replace normal ads with their own curated stuff. They even used some kind of revenue sharing model for subscribers. AFAIK, nobody cared.
What went wrong? Why did nobody care!?

woken

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Mar 24, 2021
London, UK
So you are saying that you don't want any ads on your phone anywhere, even if they are according to your preferences?
I’m willing to bet the majority are inclined towards no ads.
If I want something, I’m actively searching to buy it.

When I do some research on google I’m not there to buy a 6 wheels vacuum cleaner with 3 HEPA filters, I’m trying to do my research.

So, yes, no ads at all. That’s just a personal preference.

eramart

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Aug 31, 2015
Moscow, Russia
What went wrong? Why did nobody care!?
Who knows? )) My guess is that people just can't be bothered - a majority of people don't use any adblocker, they just filter out ads themselves with their brain.

eramart

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Aug 31, 2015
Moscow, Russia
Well, it turns out that Adblock Plus does something similar - they have something they call "Acceptable Ads" that are shown to users, and they call Adblock Plus ad-filtering instead of ad-blocking.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.