The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Partner/Co-founder in a different county, forming a company

Gale4rc

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 23, 2013
Was wondering if you guys knew if I might need any special legal business forms if I start a business with a friend in another country?

The company will be formed here in the USA - He will be seed funding and listed as a co-founder. Is there anything special we need to do with the money or forming the company?

Going to be contacting a lawyer but, I know there are some smart individuals here that might be able to give me some insight.

Thanks.

Update for people who may Google this

As concerns forming the US entity, I can't think of any material differences.

Obtaining an EIN: If the US founder is the principal officer, then an EIN can be obtained online in ten minutes. If the foreign founder is the principal officer but lacks a US social security number, obtaining an EIN for the entity is more complicated. Please see Foreign Company Alert: Obtaining an EIN may be your Biggest Challenge in the U.S. - The High-touch Legal Services® Blog...for Startups!

If the foreign founder wishes to work in the US, then work visa issues will arise. Please see Visa Basics for Foreign Entrepreneurs Coming to the U.S. - The High-touch Legal Services® Blog...for Startups!

link: http://danashultz.com/blog/2009/11/...ein-may-be-your-biggest-challenge-in-the-u-s/

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
just write up an agreement and both of you sign it.

done.

Gale4rc

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 23, 2013
just write up an agreement and both of you sign it.

done.

That's what I thought, just wasn't sure. Thanks!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.