The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Partial-success: A book I launched a few years back

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
Alright, I’m gonna post up the details of a small venture I undertook a few years ago. I had just read the 4-Hour Workweek and had a few ideas floating around from that. People have always looked up to me because I was good at meeting women, so I figured that would be a good subject for me to write a book on. I’ve always given friends advice and this was the time where The Game was just coming off it’s popularity so it seemed like a viable business plan.

It was actually pretty successful. $20 a pop if it was purchased from my site, and about $12 a pop if it was purchased off Kindle.

The emails were flooding in.

Screen Shot 2018-08-21 at 4.44.02 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-08-21 at 4.37.12 PM.png
People told me it changed their lives. Would ask when I was going to write more... people would tell me how it was really popular in other countries. It wasn’t that the profitable though. I mean it pulled in a few hundred dollars, but I barely marketed at all.

I was young and the way I marketed? It was the most half-baked marketing plan of all time. Or maybe not? What I did was I posted it on a few torrent sites so people would pirate it, then it would spread by word of mouth. I had no clue what I was doing, but it worked to some extent.

I forgot about it and every so often I would log into my Amazon account and see paycheck for it. I ended up taking it off the market for quality reasons. See, at the time I was hugeeeeee into the “Positive Thinking” type stuff and wore it was the answer to world peace. So much of my book was written from that perspective. But to this day people still email me asking me to write more material and since I’ve been on this forum I’ve really been debating it... I can probably re-write the original to better quality standards or just start something completely fresh.

I’ve always wanted to write Personal Development, and this may be my in.....

I also remember I had an advice thread regarding health and psychology and it really changed people’s and helped people overcome issues they were dealing with for years.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.