The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Pallet Flipping

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

APDupe

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jan 2, 2024
Hey Guys,

I thought I would pose a question here to see if any of you have taken this course. I found this guy John Charles Wilker on YouTube a few years ago. He recently came back into my purview as I was reading Millionaire Fastlane thinking of a new side hustle.

The ideas he preaches sound pretty fastlane and passive. “You are not trading your time for money. You are trading units for money.” The oversimplified version is he teaches men and women to scout big industrial warehouses. You find shipping byproducts like pallets, dunnage, wire reels, drums, and Gaylord boxes. Forklifts load it on your truck and you go a few blocks to a few miles where you invoice that warehouse for what you have procured. By doing so you are solving two problems. Places that can’t get rid of the stuff have it gone for free. Places that need slightly used are getting a deal vs brand new.

My question to you is has anyone in the forum taken the course or tried this brokering deal as a side hustle?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
My question to you is has anyone in the forum taken the course or tried this brokering deal as a side hustle?
Why would you take the course? It sounds straight forward and it sounds like you already know what you need to do.

Just go out and do it.

If you're not entirely sure of the entire process. Go to the places that may want to buy the used product, ask what they are looking for. Then go to the industrial warehouses and offer to remove the product that your other person needs.

APDupe

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jan 2, 2024
I have a general idea of what I’m doing. The primary reason I wanted to take the course was for the scripts, buyer list, supplier list, and extras to get off to a good start.

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
I have a general idea of what I’m doing. The primary reason I wanted to take the course was for the scripts, buyer list, supplier list, and extras to get off to a good start.
Script to Potential Buyers: "Hello, my name is APDupe, I source and sell warehouse byproducts for companies. I wanted to reach out to you and see if there is any products that you typically need that I can help source for you."

Script for Potential Sources of Goods: " Hello, my name is APDupe. I am looking to help remove warehouse byproducts from locations like yours for free. Is this a service you may be interested in?

If the scripts aren't perfect, continually change them until they do work.

Buyer and seller list? So you want to use the same list of buys and sellers as every other person who buys the list? This sounds like a local service business. Just go to your local potential buyers and sellers and build a relationship with them.

How much does this course cost anyway? It sounds like you want the course because you want someone to tell you what to do. Don't overthink this. This is a pretty straightforward service that you are providing.

APDupe

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jan 2, 2024
How much does this course cost anyway? It sounds like you want the course because you want someone to tell you what to do. Don't overthink this. This is a pretty straightforward service that you are providing.
The course is $1997. It's a pretty straightforward business model. I do want the course for the support they provide as well as cutting down the amount of time spent through trial and error. I have 2-3 people I could deploy to follow the same steps as me to obtain results faster. Buyer/supplier lists would cut down door to door activity in a port city with a couple thousand industrial buildings.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
The course is $1997.

I'm skeptical as I am with any of these high-dollar courses.

As I told my step-son who comes to me every so often with these "courses" that cost more than 2 brand new iPhones.... selling expensive courses is far easier and more profitable than whatever is being sold in the course.

This is why they are selling the course.

It's like someone selling a "trading course to make millions" -- if you're making millions, why the $1997 course? The price indicates that you're not doing it from the goodness of your heart-- but the opportunity you're selling isn't as profitable as your marketing claims.

Jon822

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
Nov 21, 2016
Definitely a scam. If he was printing money with this process, then he wouldn't be sharing it with people. This is the primary reason you can't search for a money making formula -- if it exists, it's either bullshit or saturated. If you stumble upon something where the math works out and you can't find any (or very few) resources on it, then you may have found a high probability site for gold. Time to start digging.

APDupe

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jan 2, 2024
I'm skeptical as I am with any of these high-dollar courses.

As I told my step-son who comes to me every so often with these "courses" that cost more than 2 brand new iPhones.... selling expensive courses is far easier and more profitable than whatever is being sold in the course.

This is why they are selling the course.

I'm skeptical too. That's why I wanted to ask the forum. Here's a few bullet points that better establish what I know:

1) Wilker has been selling the course for years. Most high ticket offers get run off quick.
2) I have not been able to find any negative comments or reviews that did not have ulterior motives.
3) There are 3700 members in their facebook support group. Some success is possible, but how much?
4) There is a 24 hour refund period. That's not a lot of time, but it is enough to try it.
5) Overhead appears to be really low. I would likely be out the money for the course if it does not work but not more than that.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
In Germany, theres a deposit system for pallets.
If you lend one and bring back, you pay 3€ for that.
A friend started, what you are planning about 20 years ago.
He sold and is retired.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I'm skeptical too. That's why I wanted to ask the forum. Here's a few bullet points that better establish what I know:

1) Wilker has been selling the course for years. Most high ticket offers get run off quick.
2) I have not been able to find any negative comments or reviews that did not have ulterior motives.
3) There are 3700 members in their facebook support group. Some success is possible, but how much?
4) There is a 24 hour refund period. That's not a lot of time, but it is enough to try it.
5) Overhead appears to be really low. I would likely be out the money for the course if it does not work but not more than that.

My step-son fell for one of these "courses" without asking me.

He followed the instructions exactly as the course implied -- after he confessed doing it, I tried to help him in this particular venture the course espoused ... so with my help, the venture was executed better than the course itself.

I told him I would help him fit this square peg into a round hole so he could see the truth of the matter: If someone is selling a course for $2,998, it is likely whatever is being sold no longer works, or if it does, it is a minimum wage grind.

I won't go into details about the business venture, but it was high labor, low margin with high difficulty of scale.

He sold nothing -- and in a hot market. Meanwhile, the people selling the course got his money, an amount that would have taken my step-son weeks, if not months, to earn in profits on this venture.

He spent countless dollars and hours, and it got him an education that only experience can provide.

While he could have come to me first, I think he needed the experience. I doubt he will ever buy some "magic formula" course online ever again.

As I like to say, "Most people can't be simply told that the fire is hot; they need to get burnt."

APDupe

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jan 2, 2024
In Germany, theres a deposit system for pallets.
If you lend one and bring back, you pay 3€ for that.
A friend started, what you are planning about 20 years ago.
He sold and is retired.
They have that here too if it is painted blue with CHEP on it. Most pallets are unmarked and can be picked up for free and sold for a few dollars.

APDupe

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jan 2, 2024
As I like to say, "Most people can't be simply told that the fire is hot; they need to get burnt."
Noted. The 24 hour refund policy and amount of "proprietary" information was what set off the bells. I might have bought it by now if not for taking note of that.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
The 24 hour refund policy

This is like the newsletter that requires your referrals to open their newsletter 5X a week to get paid— it will never happen. It's impossible, so they legally scam the system.

In this case, they offer a refund for the marketing value, without really having to offer it.

The likelihood that you can read the entire manual in 24 hours is slim and none.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
Imagine paying $2000 on a course that teaches you how to scrape for garbage and recycle it.

“You are not trading your time for money. You are trading units for money.”
Flawless logic.

Except for the fact that collecting the "units" (aka the F*cking garbage) in the warehouse requires your TIME.

It's an hourly wage, in which the money grows linearly with the amount of time spent doing it, just like any other labor in the world.

Script to Potential Buyers: "Hello, my name is APDupe, I source and sell warehouse byproducts for companies. I wanted to reach out to you and see if there is any products that you typically need that I can help source for you."

Script for Potential Sources of Goods: " Hello, my name is APDupe. I am looking to help remove warehouse byproducts from locations like yours for free. Is this a service you may be interested in?
Damn @Mikkel , you shouldn't have given this info out for free. You should have made a course instead. :moneybag:

APDupe

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jan 2, 2024
The likelihood that you can read the entire manual in 24 hours is slim and none.
They just sent me a text for an additional $300 off the already discounted price. $1697 vs $1997 (fast action discount) vs $2797 (standard price). Apparently 24 hours is plenty of time to go through 16 hours worth of content.

APDupe

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jan 2, 2024
Flawless logic.
I wouldn't call it scraping for garbage necessarily. There are far worse hustles out there like moving or junk removal.

The claims are bold and that is why I brought them here to ask if anyone had tried the hustle course or no course. Working half a day to clear $1000-1500 sounds great. But it also warrants being put under a microscope.

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
Damn @Mikkel , you shouldn't have given this info out for free. You should have made a course instead. :moneybag:
This must be why I haven't struck it big yet.

Find a random side hustle + write a blueprint to success + sales funnel = $$$ all while never having to do the side hustle

I just can't help myself. Giving away a free blueprint to being a coach. DM me and send me money through Venmo and I'll tell you everything you need to know. :cool:

I wouldn't call it scraping for garbage necessarily. There are far worse hustles out there like moving or junk removal.

The claims are bold and that is why I brought them here to ask if anyone had tried the hustle course or no course. Working half a day to clear $1000-1500 sounds great. But it also warrants being put under a microscope.
All jokes aside, rather than buying the course, why don't you just go and do it? Who cares if you don't have everything perfectly figured out. Just talk to both parties and see how you can help them both. That is the essence of business.

APDupe

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jan 2, 2024
All jokes aside, rather than buying the course, why don't you just go and do it? Who cares if you don't have everything perfectly figured out. Just talk to both parties and see how you can help them both. That is the essence of business.
I'll start with te connections I do have and get a better idea of what both parties need. I have a few friends in warehouses still.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
You could have a company that scrapes dog shit from the floor and turn it into a multi-million dollar fastlane business.

That's not the point that I am making.

I called it scraping garbage to emphasize the idea that this entire business model can be learned in 30 minutes by searching on google.

A course is useful for learning highly complex or technical subjects that require hundreds of hours of study to master - math, programming, accounting, marketing, leadership, etc.

Recycling wooden pallets from warehouses does not fit into this category.

And the fact that the course is $2000 makes everything even more ludicrous.

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
A course is useful for learning highly complex or technical subjects that require hundreds of hours of study to master - math, programming, accounting, marketing, leadership, etc.

Exactly. Many have it in their minds that "this is an investment", "education is a top priority", and "I paid $xxx for school. In reality, you just need a search engine and be good at asking questions to get started.

Another question - how long will you need to break even with pallets to make your $2000 back? My guess is a long time.

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
Everyone here is saying not to buy it and you're not listening.
Sounds like you're buying it, so go spend your money.
The business plan is 99% laid out in your first post.
You're paying for 1% ... how to talk to a person?

Jon822

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
Nov 21, 2016
I'm pretty sure he's feigning skepticism while trying to sell the course here. 90% of what he has said either defends it or sounds like a shitty sales pitch for it. Every time someone points to a reason not to buy it, he makes a rebuttal in favor of the course.

I'm very open to being wrong but I cannot fathom why someone would waste so much money when, like you said, 99% of the business plan was revealed for free.

APDupe

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jan 2, 2024

I'm pretty sure he's feigning skepticism while trying to sell the course here. 90% of what he has said either defends it or sounds like a shitty sales pitch for it. Every time someone points to a reason not to buy it, he makes a rebuttal in favor of the course.

I'm very open to being wrong but I cannot fathom why someone would waste so much money when, like you said, 99% of the business plan was revealed for free.
You clearly didn’t read what I said. I said I wasn’t going to buy it and start with the connections I do have. But keep jumping to conclusions like a couple of tool bags. Why would I sell something I don’t get paid for? I laid out everything I know got several second opinions. This is why forums aren’t popular anymore. You can’t create a thread without someone jumping in just to be a jackass.

APDupe

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jan 2, 2024
You could have a company that scrapes dog shit from the floor and turn it into a multi-million dollar fastlane business.

That's not the point that I am making.

I called it scraping garbage to emphasize the idea that this entire business model can be learned in 30 minutes by searching on google.

Noted. This is what I was trying to get to bottom of. Thanks for clarifying.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
You clearly didn’t read what I said. I said I wasn’t going to buy it and start with the connections I do have. But keep jumping to conclusions like a couple of tool bags. Why would I sell something I don’t get paid for? I laid out everything I know got several second opinions. This is why forums aren’t popular anymore. You can’t create a thread without someone jumping in just to be a jackass.
Please don't insult our members.

We've all been very polite and answered your questions, even though this thread doesn't provide a lot of value.

You joined the forum 3 days ago and the first thread you made is about a small youtube channel with 30k subscribers that is selling a course that you appear to have in-depth knowledge of (pricing, content, reviews, refund policy etc.).

Of course people are going to be suspicious. Do you think it's the first time someone tried to covertly advertise their products here?

@MJ DeMarco has to deal with this on a weekly basis.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
@APDupe turn this into a progress thread.
what are your next three actions and what date will you have them done?

Devilery

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Feb 11, 2019
Seriously, are you going to pay $2000 so someone tells you to contact places that might give free/cheap pallets, which you then refurbish, and resell to companies that might need pallets?

What you need is a few power tools, a room to operate in, a cheap supply of materials, a Gmail account, and grit.

Have you got a single company that would let you take away their old pallets? And have you got a simple company that will buy your pallets?

What strategy do you need? Send an email saying: "Hey, I'll take your old pallets for free, if this is something you'd be interested in, let me know and I'll come to check out how many you have, so I can plan my transportation". Then, find a company that might need pallets and say: "Do you need pallets? I have X just refurbished pallets and can supply more as needed, I'll give you a good price on them and deliver them to you, are you interested?"

Those are F*cking pallets, all you need to do is send some emails and make some calls to figure out if there's money in it.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
You joined the forum 3 days ago and the first thread you made is about a small youtube channel with 30k subscribers that is selling a course that you appear to have in-depth knowledge of (pricing, content, reviews, refund policy etc.).

Of course people are going to be suspicious. Do you think it's the first time someone tried to covertly advertise their products here?

I don't think there is any deception here, but who knows, I've been wrong before.

The concept is straightforward enough that one would hope someone wouldn't need a $2K course to "fill in the blanks".

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
My step-son fell for one of these "courses" without asking me.

He followed the instructions exactly as the course implied -- after he confessed doing it, I tried to help him in this particular venture the course espoused ... so with my help, the venture was executed better than the course itself.

I told him I would help him fit this square peg into a round hole so he could see the truth of the matter: If someone is selling a course for $2,998, it is likely whatever is being sold no longer works, or if it does, it is a minimum wage grind.

I won't go into details about the business venture, but it was high labor, low margin with high difficulty of scale.

He sold nothing -- and in a hot market. Meanwhile, the people selling the course got his money, an amount that would have taken my step-son weeks, if not months, to earn in profits on this venture.

He spent countless dollars and hours, and it got him an education that only experience can provide.

While he could have come to me first, I think he needed the experience. I doubt he will ever buy some "magic formula" course online ever again.

Just curious MJ, why do you say that with your help the venture was executed better than the course itself and yet “he sold nothing”? What does better mean here, I thought the criteria to judge by was sales?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.