The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Paid Virtual Phone Service vs 2nd Cell Line

Flybye

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Feb 19, 2018
Cuba v2.1 (Miami)
Has any one had any bad experiences with a virtual phone service vs a 2nd cell line?

Texting is a big consideration with people today not being able to speak at all times, and Im simply weighing the pros/cons of sticking all of my business calls and texts in the service's app vs having a fully dedicated cell phone for it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Late Bloomer

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 17, 2018
I'm going to watch this one to see what others have to say. Google Voice is handy for me to be able to give out a number separate from my personal number. There's a third option you didn't mention, a phone with dual SIMs. I'll want to see how others are handling this.

Flybye

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Feb 19, 2018
Cuba v2.1 (Miami)
I'm going to watch this one to see what others have to say. Google Voice is handy for me to be able to give out a number separate from my personal number. There's a third option you didn't mention, a phone with dual SIMs. I'll want to see how others are handling this.
You mentioning dual sims just made me discover this little device!

Dual SIM adapter experts – MagicSim

Midas

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jun 10, 2016
Has any one had any bad experiences with a virtual phone service vs a 2nd cell line?

Texting is a big consideration with people today not being able to speak at all times, and Im simply weighing the pros/cons of sticking all of my business calls and texts in the service's app vs having a fully dedicated cell phone for it.
I use Go Daddy Smartline. $4 per month for a basic plan. Its a liitle more professional than Google Voice. Easy to tell which calls are to the business number. You can set business hours. It transcribes voice messages. So far so good.

Late Bloomer

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 17, 2018
You mentioning dual sims just made me discover this little device!

This one's really interesting for both the device, and the marketing.

It looks like whichever sim is active, that's the only one where you get calls, texts and pictures, voice mail notification, or can log in to any accounts signing in from the number. To check the other side, you have to log out and log in to the other sim. Looks quick to switch, but while you're on one side people on the other side will only get to leave a message for you.

I could see this as useful if you have work where you can concentrate, only sometimes needing to check personal messages, and then in your personal time you don't have to keep checking work messages. Which would be a lot more livable and Fastlane! If you have customers and loved ones who both need to get a hold of you RIGHT NOW, the dual sim would leave them waiting for you.

The web site is cleverly done, with a nice demo video that clearly shows installation and use of the product. It appears that other than whatever support the seller might provide, checking stats and reordering, it could be a hands-off system for the owner.

I did an Amazon search for dual sim adapters and got 20 pages of results. Lots of sellers with exactly the same product that's $35 on the cool web site, for $10 or less. I would guess that someone so slick on the marketing, might also be able to find a good wholesale supplier. Might be as much as a $30 drop into the cash box, every time someone buys one of the adapters from the cool-looking site. Wonder what drives traffic to it? How did you find it?

Flybye

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Feb 19, 2018
Cuba v2.1 (Miami)
...How did you find it?
I simply googled iPhone dual sim, and that site came up. A few articles also came up stating how a future iPhone may support dual sims beneficial for business travelers.

But I think I have decided what I am going to do. Im probably going to buy a refurbished iPhone 6 and add a cheaper 2GB data capped unlimited talk 2nd line for it on my cell plan. After all I really wont browse the internet with it. I'll use my first line's unlimited data for that.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
I use grasshopper. It gives me a google voice type setup, but with a toll free number. It’s one of the few plans that give you unlimited calling.

I can set up an automated system as well “press 1 for sales... press 2 for customer service etc”

Patrickg

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 20, 2016
I use grasshopper. It gives me a google voice type setup, but with a toll free number. It’s one of the few plans that give you unlimited calling.

I can set up an automated system as well “press 1 for sales... press 2 for customer service etc”

I was just looking at using this. Is it an app you download to your phone?

Also are you happy with service and call quality?

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
I was just looking at using this. Is it an app you download to your phone?

Also are you happy with service and call quality?

Yes, you download the app and it rings through your normal phone. You make outbound calls through the app as well.

Only annoying thing is you can only modify extensions on the website.

Call quality has never been a problem.

Patrickg

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 20, 2016
Yes, you download the app and it rings through your normal phone. You make outbound calls through the app as well.

Only annoying thing is you can only modify extensions on the website.

Call quality has never been a problem.

Thanks for recommendation Scot.

Late Bloomer

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 17, 2018
Im probably going to buy a refurbished iPhone 6 and add a cheaper 2GB data capped unlimited talk 2nd line for it on my cell plan. After all I really wont browse the internet with it. I'll use my first line's unlimited data for that.

That makes sense. You could still do Internet stuff on the second phone, just using the first phone's data plan as a wifi hotspot when you're away from a location with free wifi. No need to duplicate data intensive stuff like videos and maps, but this would let you have a second set of email or other basic messaging accounts on the second phone.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.