The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Outsourcing Social Media

Social media marketing, advertising, and growth

pds

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Apr 28, 2014
NYC
Hey all, I need some help on outsourcing social media. If there's already a thread on this, my apologies and please redirect me as I couldn't find anything on it.

As I get my business going on instagram, I'm realizing it's really time consuming to make content/images to post. Can someone direct me on finding a cheap way to outsource making it? I've written up the process of creating the content (website to go to, where to get images, how to make it look, etc.) I just need someone to do it and then I can schedule the posts using http://www.latergram.me/.

It would also be great to be able to hire someone for cheap to follow/like/comment on people in my target market.

Thanks for your help.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mgore714

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Sep 3, 2012
Here's my process:

1. Tumblr scraper.
2. Delete all the images that suck/are duplicates.
3. Schedule.
4. Autorun.

As for following/liking/etc., you don't hire people for that either. You get a bot to do it. Note: don't be aggressive with your main account because it will get blocked. It's a 100% legal to do, but also against Instagram's terms.

pds

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Apr 28, 2014
NYC
Here's my process:

1. Tumblr scraper.
3. Schedule.
4. Autorun.

As for following/liking/etc., you don't hire people for that either. You get a bot to do it. Note: don't be aggressive with your main account because it will get blocked. It's a 100% legal to do, but also against Instagram's terms.

@mgore714 Are there any issues around copyright/licensing by scraping Tumblr and reposting the images on Instagram? I'm guessing you either coded or bought the scraper? I've never used one before, but came across some while searching. Can you direct me to one that you recommend? Thanks

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Here's my process:

1. Tumblr scraper.
3. Schedule.
4. Autorun.

Do you actually generate traffic and or sales from this method?

I've been using instagram heavily for the past couple weeks and I can usually pick out accounts that are using some kind of automation. I stay clear of them. Just curious about your experience here.

pds

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Apr 28, 2014
NYC
I just made a rookie mistake...lesson learned. I paid someone on Fiverr to give me more followers. Epic fail! Blatantly fake accounts with 5 posts all unrelated to each other. I spent the past 30min manually blocking each user to get back down to my normal follower #. Never again.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
I just made a rookie mistake...lesson learned. I paid someone on Fiverr to give me more followers. Epic fail! Blatantly fake accounts with 5 posts all unrelated to each other. I spent the past 30min manually blocking each user to get back down to my normal follower #. Never again.

Shortcuts rarely are worth it.

What was you hoping to accomplish? To pad your follower account to increase some sort of social proof?

I've increased my instagram followers by over 280 over the past week. They are highly targeted followers posting pics of products like mine and my engagement is thru the roof for such a low number of followers. I'd rather have of a few hundred targeted and engaged followers than 5000 random or even fake followers.

pds

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Apr 28, 2014
NYC
Shortcuts rarely are worth it.

What was you hoping to accomplish? To pad you follower account to increase some sort of social proof?

I've increased my instagram followers by over 280 over the past week. They are highly targeted followers posting pics of products like mines my engagement is thru the roof for such a low number of followers. I'd rather of a few hundred targeted and engaged followers than 5000 random or even fake followers.
@AllenCrawley Yeah a very silly move on my part. I was trying to increase social proof as I only had 8 followers and was following 50 people. Back to building it organically via liking / commenting on people's posts. Is that how you built yours up?

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
@AllenCrawley Yeah a very silly move on my part. I was trying to increase social proof as I only had 8 followers and was following 50 people. Back to building it organically via liking / commenting on people's posts. Is that how you built yours up?

Exactly. I mention how I'm doing it in my progress thread.

pds

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Apr 28, 2014
NYC
Thanks Allen, I'll checkout your thread.

Btw, I came across an app called JustUnfollow which you may find useful. It basically let's you easily build a list of accounts that are similar to yours and your niche. You type in a competitor's account, and it scrapes their followers so its easier to follow/like/comment on their posts.

More detail in this article: http://www.realbusiness.com/2013/11...ay-to-get-twitter-followers-by-the-thousands/

Last edited:

mgore714

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Sep 3, 2012
Do you actually generate traffic and or sales from this method?

I've been using instagram heavily for the past couple weeks and I can usually pick out accounts that are using some kind of automation. I stay clear of them. Just curious about your experience here.

Don't run accounts anymore, but did. I made good money doing it. Had about 1,000 proxies, 1,000 accounts, profile pics of hot girls, unique names, and pictures that people liked. An average account would get 2 new real followers a day. I'd post an inconspicuous "ad" for my brands once a week -- I had a few brands so it was tough to tell.

I can't quantify how many impressions I got, but the general math was $.60 profit per 1,000 followers. Each day the business grew.

Eventually I ended up selling my accounts + brands, but might start running something similar again.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Btw, I came across an app called JustUnfollow which you may find useful. It basically let's you easily build a list of accounts that are similar to yours and your niche. You type in a competitor's account, and it scrapes their followers so its easier to follow/like/comment on their posts.

I'm actually using an app called Instafollow that will show who's not following back. After a few days I can just unfollow them so the follower/following ratio doesn't get to out of whack. I just signed up for the site you referenced. I'll check it out to see if there's value there.

pds

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Apr 28, 2014
NYC
I'm actually using an app called Instafollow that will show who's not following back. After a few days I can just unfollow them so the follower/following ratio doesn't get to out of whack. I just signed up for the site you referenced. I'll check it out to see if there's value there.

I'll try that one out. What are your methods of generating content? Since I don't have a product yet, right now I'm just focusing on adding value by educating the audience on the benefits of various superfoods, posting pictures of healthy eating, and made a couple of motivational quote images. I'm have trouble finding pictures to use online without infringing on licensing issues. I started "reposting" other people's pictures and crediting them and telling people to go follow them for more images that are similar.

Once I have a product, I will focus more on adding content around my product and brand (sneak peaks, inside looks of us working) and hosting contests/giveaways.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.