Ok I am doing a pro/con analysis on a new web based business concept that is basically a social community. I have posted the project on Scriptlance and Elance and have received what I would consider legit bids ranging from $1500 to $7100.
I am finding it hard to evaluate each proposal, as several seem legit based on past experience, portfolio and ranking.
So I have a few questions for any of you out there with experience in this situation:
1. Do you get what you pay for on these sites? What metric should get the most weighting (e.g. portfolio or rating/reviews etc.)?
2. Is there a quality difference b/w the developers on elance vs. scriptlance?
3. Is it worth looking for a developer that maybe interested in working in exchange for equity in the project? Can I get more leverage and/or a better quality developer by doing this? My thoughts are that 50% of something is better than 100% of nothing.
Where can you find someone interested in development work in exchange for equity?
I have working experience in the space and I have validated the business model within the niche, but have 2 things holding me back:
1. Zero development skills (and no time to acquire). I am a business developer, not web developer.
2. Not a ton of cash to throw at this project.
Any thoughts or rationalization is much appreciated!
Cheers,
Steve
I am finding it hard to evaluate each proposal, as several seem legit based on past experience, portfolio and ranking.
So I have a few questions for any of you out there with experience in this situation:
1. Do you get what you pay for on these sites? What metric should get the most weighting (e.g. portfolio or rating/reviews etc.)?
2. Is there a quality difference b/w the developers on elance vs. scriptlance?
3. Is it worth looking for a developer that maybe interested in working in exchange for equity in the project? Can I get more leverage and/or a better quality developer by doing this? My thoughts are that 50% of something is better than 100% of nothing.
Where can you find someone interested in development work in exchange for equity?
I have working experience in the space and I have validated the business model within the niche, but have 2 things holding me back:
1. Zero development skills (and no time to acquire). I am a business developer, not web developer.
2. Not a ton of cash to throw at this project.
Any thoughts or rationalization is much appreciated!
Cheers,
Steve
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
