The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Osho and the paradox of practice

Anything related to matters of the mind

wil so ru

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Oct 30, 2019
Hello everyone,

I hope you're well in your houses
It's the first time I publish something here, so I expect this section may be for this topic.

This week I have had some curiosity about Osho and his believers. I like their books from a long time ago, but after re-reading Unscripted again ago and remembering a chapter in Fastlane about Paradox of practice, I wanted to ask...

Did Osho practice what he preached? I mean, He emphasized austerity in his discourses, but he had 100+ Rolls Royce. He invited people avoid to desire more than you need, but even a entire city was built for him.

Can this scenario be studied as a fastlane model (he could have created a need in his believers)?

Can this situation be considered similar regarding to 'the secret' (talking in economic terms)?

I hope any Osho's sympathizer can not be uncomfortable here. I'm sorry too much if it is the case. It's not my intention
I only would like to know your opinion; @MJ DeMarco , I would like to know yours too.

[again, if this topic touches some fibers, I offer my apologies. I just asked the question based on the ideas of the main forum books]

I desire everybody the best in these difficult moments. And get the best of you in your homes! :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
Hello everyone,

It's the first time I publish something here, so I expect this section may be for this topic.

This week I have had some curiosity about Osho and his believers. I like their books from a long time ago, but after re-reading Unscripted again ago and remembering a chapter in Fastlane about Paradox of practice, I wanted to ask...

Did Osho practice what he preached? I mean, He emphasized austerity in his discourses, but he had 100+ Rolls Royce. He invited people avoid to desire more than you need, but even a entire city was built for him.

Can this scenario be studied as a fastlane model (he could have created a need in his believers)?

Can this situation be considered similar regarding to 'the secret' (talking in economic terms)?

I hope any Osho's sympathizer can not be uncomfortable here. I'm sorry too much if it is the case. It's not my intention
I only would like to know your opinion; @MJ DeMarco , I would like to know yours too.

[again, if this topic touches some fibers, I offer my apologies. I just asked the question based on the ideas of the main forum books]

I desire everybody the best in these difficult moments. And get the best of you in your homes! :)
Will you practice what you preach?
If yes, then what does it matter?
If no, then why not?

Ved Vardhan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Mar 9, 2020
Global Citizen
Osho himself said he is a Rich Man's Guru .
Here a small portion of interview (listen to it at 1.25x speed).

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0O9IK8bxM8

He used to call himself Buddha the Zorba . Problem with his preaching(in my opinion) though is it never takes you to end. I mean as per Osho we are perfect ,we should not try to become something but just 'be' . We should live in the moment and enjoy it fully with luxury ,richness of life but there seems to be no aims ,no end goals just be as you are and be happy .
Ps:I lived near to the place where he was born and got enlightenment( or as he claims).

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
Hello everyone,

Lol Osho... They guy who's quotes fake spiritual people love to post on their Facebook.

Osho was a nutcase who ran a huge sex-cult, which ended up committing one of the worst bioterrorism acts in American history. He loved having power over and exploiting vulnerable people.

India has lots of fake gurus who manipulate their followers for money, and to have a huge following of people who worship them. The reason why Osho became so popular is because at the time most Americans weren't familiar with this concept... Many people thought he was enlightened guru bringing Indian spirituality to the West, when in reality he was a conman through and through.

Exactly, you answered your own question. Look at what he DID, not at what he SAID!

He invited people avoid to desire more than you need
And yet, his entire lifestyle was based around having drug-fuelled orgies with his cult members...

So yeah, Osho is definitely not someone you should look up to and take advice from.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Tubs

Starting fresh
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Apr 5, 2019
VA

Please SEARCH before posting.