The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Opinions on Dan Koe?

Adam256

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Nov 14, 2022
I am currently in the middle of reading the Art of Focus by Dan Koe, and have seen some of his content before, but I was curious to see if anyone else heard about him before?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Never heard of him. After a quick google search, he seems like your typical run-of-the-mill wannabe guru. So pass from me.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
He's okay. I've seen some of his videos.

Vntonio

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Aug 18, 2023
Earth
I have read all of his letters (newsletter) and seen 90% of his videos since his beginning.

He is documenting his journey on psychology, the human mind, spirituality and writing.
In the beginning, his content was good, "originally"-putting together all the books he read so he can make you more enlighted.

But what about now?
He is trying to sell his programs, courses, masterminds, books and soon to be his SAAS.
More than that, every single letter has the same format, and the same ideas, he just mixes the ideas to form a new old topic.

In the last few months, I read the same shit over and over again. I'm now bored, nothing new, just his products every 500 words.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
At first I thought he was interesting because he was a solopreneur making lots of money. Then I realized he was just another Twitter bro telling everyone to do what he does (generic self-help) and selling them dreams.

His emails are ridiculously convoluted, written in a pseudo-intellectual style that reminds me of Nassim Taleb. There's no real business advice behind it, just becoming another guru writing the same shit in the same cliche Twitter style.

There are lots of guys like him appearing recently, claiming they figured out a way to be a 7-figure solopreneur. But dig into their background and you'll notice that many of them are now successful only because they had an extremely high-paying job (like Justin Welsh) or don't have any real products outside of the Twitter circle jerk world.

Indulgency

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Nov 3, 2019
I think he is a great creator, great marketer, has built a finely tuned audience, and is great at monetizing his audience and building himself a funnel of people willing to pay for his products. So he has built himself a great business. Can you learn some things from him that add value to your life related to productivity or similar ideas? For sure. Is it worth paying for any of his stuff? Probably not. You could just read the common books and ideas much of his content is based on yourself.

Personally, when I first saw his videos a year or so ago they sounded intelligent and worth watching, but I have since unsubscribed. the value add is no longer there for me. The 20 minute rants of him saying basic things in a complex way to sound enlightened has gotten old.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
I read two of his tweets after reading this thread. This type of guru’ing can be done with ChatGPT;’ for sure

Panos Daras

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Oct 10, 2022
I am at a point with these Gurus that the more I read or consume, the worse I feel about myself.

It's really hurting me. This is why I stopped with business/ self-help books. Now I just read about scientific topics and history. You can learn more about the real world and humanity from these kinds of books.

To be honest, after I read Noah's book, "Million Dollar Weekend," which focused on people just starting out, I realized I already knew everything I needed. Taking action and finding my personalized 'why' is way more important. Like much, much more.

It's like the old days with journalists; they all said the same stuff but with a different spin.

More and more content without any context. I am sick and tired of being sick and tired. Their whole business model is selling books and courses. That also applies to this guy Dan Koe. It is just fluff.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
His free content seems decent.

Reminds me of Dan Lok who has been delivering good free content, and the only complaints against him come from people who paid for his high ticket sales courses.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.