The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Opening a trampoline park

Kenny711

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
700%
Sep 28, 2019
Opening a trampoline park in my region is long overdue. I've been to many in different cities and they're always LOADED with people. And the nearest to me is ~100km away.
There was one to be opened around 40km away from me but due to financing issues that will be delayed big time.
I researched a bit and found that one city with ~200k residents (around 60km from where I live and ~50km from the next trampoline park) would be the perfect spot to open one.
Now lets look at CENTS
C: 10/10 If you own the trampolines and the room, you own the business 100%
E: 9/10 That shit is expensive. Good trampolines cost around 500€ a piece and I would need at least 25 and some better ones + some other stuff you put in a trampoline park (you know what I mean if you've ever been to one). Then I need a big F*cking hall to put it all in, and parking space which costs a lot of rent, especially when its in the city (my guess is 15k/month or more).
Total: 250k at least + rent and employees and whatever I'm missing (I just made most of these numbers up, no guarantee)
N: 7/10 already discussed that one
T: 7/10 if I get the right empoyees and managers, I will ve able to detach myself from the business and let it run on its own
S: 5/10 Scaling is possible if I reinvest the earnings from one park into more. Also upselling is possible if I offer courses and other things.

So thats my analysis of the trampoline park business.
Now my questions.
How do I get the money for something like this? I'm 19 years old, I can't just go to the bank and ask for a business credit. My parents can't fund me either (also I would not want that).
Where would I find investors for something like this?
Has anyone accomolished something similar? (For example laser tag or some other amusement park?)
What would you recommend where should I start with something like this?
Does it even make sense to start this?

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this and please call me out if I wrote anything stupid in this post =)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
You can use your youth in remarkable ways because you’ve clearly taken the time to learn how to write clearly and effectively. Kudos.

Stage One
If I were you I’d contact the trampoline parks that are two or three or even four cities away from you with an email first. In the email you can say you’re a student doing a business project who wants to open a park someday, maybe. For the project you have to figure out how to finance and create a small business.

Conveniently enough you’ve chosen their park (write each email separately) to do research on because it’s so well run and clean and seems really cool.

Ask if there’s any way they’d take the time to answer some questions or even sit down with you. If you’re any good at social media politely explain how you plan on documenting your project as you learn and how you’re happy to use their hashtags and backlinks to their website.

If they end up being really helpful to you it would be a wonderful thing to write some reviews across their social media places as well.

Ok, so with this email you’re gonna attach a pdf with all of the questions you want answered. MAKE SURE to split up important questions with easy ones throughout the document. Label it with something like “Please pick 3-5 questions to answer, I know your time is valuable.”

Most likely none of them will take the time to fill the whole thing out but you might get lucky. That’s ok.

Stage 2
Next step is you go to each park 4-6 days after you send the emails. Your only mission is to figure out when the owners are ever in the building and when peak times are. Hopefully you’re good looking and can connect with the teenagers who are running the place.

Stage 3
Go back with the whole pdf printed out at the opening of a day when they’re not busy. Bring a nice Starbucks coffee. Greet the owner. Mention the email you sent. You’re just “stopping by” and wondered if maybe you could ask a few questions for this project? Try to make it quick.

Stage 4
Enthusiastically support their business model if they take ANY time whatsoever to help you. Admire their accomplishments. Admit that you’d love to be able to do what they’ve done someday.

Stage 5
Come back to the forum and share your results. When you do you’ll be proving that you take action and, like magic, at least two successful ppl on here will JUMP to start helping you come up with a real plan and implement that.

Most kids don’t ever take action. Don’t be one of them. Do your homework on each business. Good luck.

broswoodwork

Intermediate User of the Flying Guillotine
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Oct 16, 2015
You can use your youth in remarkable ways because you’ve clearly taken the time to learn how to write clearly and effectively. Kudos.

Stage One
If I were you I’d contact the trampoline parks that are two or three or even four cities away from you with an email first. In the email you can say you’re a student doing a business project who wants to open a park someday, maybe. For the project you have to figure out how to finance and create a small business.

Conveniently enough you’ve chosen their park (write each email separately) to do research on because it’s so well run and clean and seems really cool.

Ask if there’s any way they’d take the time to answer some questions or even sit down with you. If you’re any good at social media politely explain how you plan on documenting your project as you learn and how you’re happy to use their hashtags and backlinks to their website.

If they end up being really helpful to you it would be a wonderful thing to write some reviews across their social media places as well.

Ok, so with this email you’re gonna attach a pdf with all of the questions you want answered. MAKE SURE to split up important questions with easy ones throughout the document. Label it with something like “Please pick 3-5 questions to answer, I know your time is valuable.”

Most likely none of them will take the time to fill the whole thing out but you might get lucky. That’s ok.

Stage 2
Next step is you go to each park 4-6 days after you send the emails. Your only mission is to figure out when the owners are ever in the building and when peak times are. Hopefully you’re good looking and can connect with the teenagers who are running the place.

Stage 3
Go back with the whole pdf printed out at the opening of a day when they’re not busy. Bring a nice Starbucks coffee. Greet the owner. Mention the email you sent. You’re just “stopping by” and wondered if maybe you could ask a few questions for this project? Try to make it quick.

Stage 4
Enthusiastically support their business model if they take ANY time whatsoever to help you. Admire their accomplishments. Admit that you’d love to be able to do what they’ve done someday.

Stage 5
Come back to the forum and share your results. When you do you’ll be proving that you take action and, like magic, at least two successful ppl on here will JUMP to start helping you come up with a real plan and implement that.

Most kids don’t ever take action. Don’t be one of them. Do your homework on each business. Good luck.
Holy shit! That was awesome. :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV

I second this. Although this idea may be a bit on the ambitious side for the current situation (although not impossible), I really like where his head is at, and how hard he is swinging with no limit.

If you can continue on, never quit from the hundreds of discouraging things thrown at you in the journey, and put crazy Action in the upcoming years.. I smell success.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.