The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

One year of FLF...

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
The only thing I miss about it is watching your level of service from the waitstaff go from "disinterested" to "Yes sir, no sir, anything else sir?"
Ever dine at 3 michelin star restaurants?

The service is like that even if you are poor like me. And its a whole night affair. Way better than a broadway show or sporting event...to me at least. I'm big on food.

EDIT: Apologies for hijacking :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
Truly insightful. Be right back, going to print this post out, put it in a time capsule and date it January 10th, 2065. In 50 years I'll unearth it and read it to my grandchildren, proving to them the exceptional wisdom of the user known as "smarty".

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
In 50 years I'll unearth it and read it to my grandchildren, proving to them the exceptional wisdom of the user known as "smarty".

Exactly.

mws87

talk less, listen more.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
May 5, 2015
California
Ok, I'm a little bit late; it's been about 13 months since I joined here, and longer since I first read TMF . It's Tuesday afternoon, and guess where I am?

Not at work.

My life has become something I couldn't really imagine a year ago. Today I went to make a deposit at the bank, something I did every two weeks when I was working. My deposit amount used to be $1,625.30, a number that will probably be burned into my brain for all eternity.

80 hours, $1625.

80 hours. $1625.

80 hours. $1625.

Whether the weeks were easy or brutal, whether the workload was intense or trivial, the deposit was always the same.

Today was a little bit different.

N6tghKT.png

I had always heard "time is your most valuable asset," but when it was making $22/hr, surrounded by parents and teachers and friends on typical salaries, it was hard to believe it. Since TMF , I've intentionally asked myself how I can deliver value to others in such a a way that the recompense for my time explodes, $200, $300, $500 or more per hour. Can I make something now that will give me an income in five years? Can I spend today on something that people need badly enough to joyfully part with $1000 rather than $170?

My uncle and cousin both died in their early 60's of cardiac issues in the last year, and my Dad (always fit but poor diet) has had two heart attacks now. I'm about 50 pounds overweight, so I've been trying to crack down on that for the last three months, losing about 20 pounds so far, 1/3 of the way to my goal. I won't be satisfied until my complete change to a healthy lifestyle makes me completely physically fit by my 30th birthday. Junk food and sloth are right out. I'm not on a diet, I'll never eat that shit again. I have a new life. Give me hell if I'm not there next July.

I'm also grinding a lot when I could be working on passive systems. To counteract that, I've already inked deals that are going to make that happen, and have been working on other products with high levels of vertical integration since YT revenue alone is so woeful. In the last 60 days, I wrote a 190 page ebook that will be getting its own progress thread imminently. I'm focusing on going bigger and faster with less and less of my time committed to making money, so I can spend more of it on what matters. If this continues, my kids will get to know me and benefit from my presence the way I never got to with my dad. My wife has had a lifelong retirement dream of spending a summer exploring a foreign country. That's happening this year, and she's in her mid 20's, not her mid 70's.

@MJ DeMarco, this is for you:

image_25089.jpg

Some will get it. Some won't.

For everyone else, did the last year transform your life into what you want, or further conform your life to its current status quo? Answer that question, and you know where you're headed next year. It's not too late to put your turn signal on.
I feel this thread is extremely bumpworthy. I've read your post so many times and it was one of the first things I read when I signed up here. I can't tell you how much motivation it provides for me on the days when my ventures are leaving me feeling exhausted and stressed. It's not motivational because of the $ signs, but because it's inspiring to see what someone can do within a year and how much that person can achieve when they come to the realization that they have to make something happen. I even bookmarked this thread to read it on those hard days.

Just wanted to thank you for this post since I never did all the times I've read it.

BTW - is there more posts like this on the INSIDERS's?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Ok, I'm a little bit late; it's been about 13 months since I joined here, and longer since I first read TMF . It's Tuesday afternoon, and guess where I am?

Not at work.

My life has become something I couldn't really imagine a year ago. Today I went to make a deposit at the bank, something I did every two weeks when I was working. My deposit amount used to be $1,625.30, a number that will probably be burned into my brain for all eternity.

80 hours, $1625.

80 hours. $1625.

80 hours. $1625.

Whether the weeks were easy or brutal, whether the workload was intense or trivial, the deposit was always the same.

N6tghKT.png

I had always heard "time is your most valuable asset," but when it was making $22/hr, surrounded by parents and teachers and friends on typical salaries, it was hard to believe it. Since TMF , I've intentionally asked myself how I can deliver value to others in such a a way that the recompense for my time explodes, $200, $300, $500 or more per hour. Can I make something now that will give me an income in five years? Can I spend today on something that people need badly enough to joyfully part with $1000 rather than $170?

My uncle and cousin both died in their early 60's of cardiac issues in the last year, and my Dad (always fit but poor diet) has had two heart attacks now. I'm about 50 pounds overweight, so I've been trying to crack down on that for the last three months, losing about 20 pounds so far, 1/3 of the way to my goal. I won't be satisfied until my complete change to a healthy lifestyle makes me completely physically fit by my 30th birthday. Junk food and sloth are right out. I'm not on a diet, I'll never eat that shit again. I have a new life. Give me hell if I'm not there next July.

I'm also grinding a lot when I could be working on passive systems. To counteract that, I've already inked deals that are going to make that happen, and have been working on other products with high levels of vertical integration since YT revenue alone is so woeful. In the last 60 days, I wrote a 190 page ebook that will be getting its own progress thread imminently. I'm focusing on going bigger and faster with less and less of my time committed to making money, so I can spend more of it on what matters. If this continues, my kids will get to know me and benefit from my presence the way I never got to with my dad. My wife has had a lifelong retirement dream of spending a summer exploring a foreign country. That's happening this year, and she's in her mid 20's, not her mid 70's.

image_25089.jpg

For everyone else, did the last year transform your life into what you want, or further conform your life to its current status quo? Answer that question, and you know where you're headed next year. It's not too late to put your turn signal on.

this is awesome...though, to be fair...eventually, you would have gotten a raise.

80 hours $1675.39

80 hours $1675.39

80 hours $1675.39

PatricF

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Apr 5, 2017
Brazil

Not at work.

80 hours, $1625.

80 hours. $1625.

80 hours. $1625.

N6tghKT.png

image_25089.jpg

Thank you for sharing this. It's awesome.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
@RHL Update! Update! Update!

GuitarManDan

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
678%
Feb 28, 2017
NYC
Very inspiring stuff, thanks for sharing. As a newer member here, I've been going through the gold threads and trying to absorb as much as possible / take notes.

Nice work with the weight loss as well too. It's amazing how working on improving one aspect of your life affects other areas. Ever since focusing on losing my Slowlane job and adding value / filling a need with my own Fastlane business, I've also been inspired to eat healthier and be more conscious of other choices in my life that can be improved.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
There's a story on the inside, self publisher, not from the US or UK, who started just a few years ago. Through focus, he's now at nearly $60K/mo, much of it profit.

You can change your life and ride a millionaire pace in a few short years. You don't need fifty years of Wall Street miracles.

Mr. Bazz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
Mar 23, 2019
RHL - I am new the FastLane Forum but wanted to introduce myself! This was posted 5+ years ago, but I wanted to know more about your journey outside the business fast lane. How has your health changed over the years since your mindset shift? It is awesome to see keystone habits completely transform your life!

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Mr. Bazz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
Mar 23, 2019
I'm marking this GOLD for several reasons.

Sounds like you found out the true value of money! Money buys you time. Money buys you freedom. This freedom allows you to go out into the world, create, learn and be your best self! I love it.

The first, and the obvious, it's a HUGE accomplishment to be able to support yourself via your own creativity and ingenuity. As @Vigilante says, "Blaze Your Own Path" -- and once you do, it's the ultimate feeling. Heck I can't even describe it, happiness, fulfillment, autonomy, whatever you can imagine, it's there.

Second, it shows how much change can happen over 1 year.

Third, your story (of a bank deposit) is very similar to MY story which appears in my next book. In fact, it's strikingly similar. It also marks a milestone on the entrepreneurial path, a "coming of age" that every entrepreneur must experience to turn the corner permanently from the ranks of a job owning you, vs you owning the job.

Ill post that story here (with some things redacted since the title is still underwraps)

TheRedShaman

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Nov 17, 2019
Ok, I'm a little bit late; it's been about 13 months since I joined here, and longer since I first read TMF. It's Tuesday afternoon, and guess where I am?

Not at work.

80 hours, $1625.

80 hours. $1625.

80 hours. $1625.

N6tghKT.png

I had always heard "time is your most valuable asset," but when it was making $22/hr, surrounded by parents and teachers and friends on typical salaries, it was hard to believe it. Since TMF, I've intentionally asked myself how I can deliver value to others in such a a way that the recompense for my time explodes, $200, $300, $500 or more per hour. Can I make something now that will give me an income in five years? Can I spend today on something that people need badly enough to joyfully part with $1000 rather than $170?

image_25089.jpg

I like the Matrix reference. The questions that you ask yourself in this post are the same questions I ask myself. No more trading time for money. Did you reach your weight loss goal?

Vixen

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Mar 9, 2020
Spain
Ok, I'm a little bit late; it's been about 13 months since I joined here, and longer since I first read TMF. It's Tuesday afternoon, and guess where I am?

Not at work.

80 hours, $1625.

80 hours. $1625.

80 hours. $1625.

N6tghKT.png

I had always heard "time is your most valuable asset," but when it was making $22/hr, surrounded by parents and teachers and friends on typical salaries, it was hard to believe it. Since TMF, I've intentionally asked myself how I can deliver value to others in such a a way that the recompense for my time explodes, $200, $300, $500 or more per hour. Can I make something now that will give me an income in five years? Can I spend today on something that people need badly enough to joyfully part with $1000 rather than $170?

image_25089.jpg

Hi RHL and thank you for sharing your inspiring story with us!

Josiah Levi

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 31, 2020
United States
This really shows how much can change in a year, that's crazy! Thank you so much for sharing your story, this is my first day on the forum and WOW. I'm excited for when I hit these points in my life but I'm even more excited to get started!

Eddy KENTSA

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Mar 3, 2021
Massy Palaiseau - France

Not at work.

80 hours, $1625.

80 hours. $1625.

80 hours. $1625.

N6tghKT.png

image_25089.jpg

Awesome, and thank you for sharing your journey with us.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.