The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

One Simple Idea for Startups and Entrepreneurs

Idea threads

StephenKey

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Nov 13, 2008
MJ DeMarco - Author of "The Millionaire Fastlane " asked me to promote my new book here.

I've been on the Fast Lane Forum for over a year and a half answering question about my first book
"One Simple Idea: Turn Your Dreams into a Licensing Goldmine While Letting Others Do the Work"

Over the year and a half I've been on this forum, it looks like there have been 161 posts to this thread. I've answered
many of your questions about licensing your products in this thread.
https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/book-recommendations/30946-one-simple-idea-stephen-key.html

Normally, I would never post a blatant self promotion in a forum like this, however MJ asked me to let you know about my new book.

Here's me talking about the new book.
[video=youtube_share;4zLIZ1_KJek]http://youtu.be/4zLIZ1_KJek[/video]

From award-winning entrepreneur, inventor, and business owner Stephen Key comes the highly anticipated follow-up to his bestseller One Simple Idea

How many times have you seen a product and thought, I know how to make that better? Or not seen a product and thought, How is it that no one has invented this yet? And when haven’t you thought, I need to be my own boss?

You’re thinking the right things. Now, the next step is to take action—and that’s exactly what One Simple Idea for Startups and Entrepreneurs is all about.

Stephen Key, one of the world’s leading experts on getting business ideas off the ground, revealed in his groundbreaking book One Simple Idea just how simple it is to make a fortune by selling or “renting†your great ideas.

Now, he helps you live the entrepreneurial dream by delivering a proven, straightforward process for starting, growing, and running a business—without the need for an MBA or millions of dollars in funding. As an inventor and successful business owner, Key brings a unique and fully rounded perspective to the subject, teaching you how to:

Develop, test, and protect your idea
Plan and launch your business
Manufacture, package, market, sell, and distribute your product
Manage and grow your business
Prepare for and implement your endgame
Key draws on his own experience as a billion dollar inventor to offer how-to’s and other takeaways you can use to get off the ground and into the black. Case studies, tips, and advice from other successful entrepreneurs underscore key principles to make it easier than ever for you to achieve your business and life dreams.

You don’t need millions of dollars or a business, engineering, or manufacturing background to develop, produce, and sell your own product idea. All you need is one simple idea—and the passion to make it happen.

Praise for One Simple Idea

“This book is straight-forward, no-nonsense information for how to start a successful company. Read it!â€
—Barbara Corcoran, investor/shark on ABC’s reality hit Shark Tank

“The ideas in this book are key to creating the kind of enterprise that will create hundreds of thousands of jobs in the future. The goal of entrepreneurship is to reduce the risk of failure as detailed in this book.â€
—Nolan Bushnell, inventor of Pong® and founder of Atari®

"Kudos!! One Simple Idea for Startups & Entrepreneurs is brilliant !! A must read for those that have the courage to dive into their dreams. This is a true Road Map for those that have the passion to achieve their Freedom. Truly something that I wish would have been there for me 33 years ago."
—Russ Hornsby, toy industry veteran, 2010 Toy of the Year award winner in seven different countries, and creator of hit toys ZhuZhu Pets®, XiaXia Pets®, DeGeDar® and others

“I took one of those simple ideas and turned it into a company that now has its products in over 35,000 doors of retail distribution. With One Simple Idea for Startups & Entrepreneurs, Stephen gives us the tools we need to take an idea from your Head to the Store shelf.â€
—Todd Basche, inventor of Word Lock®, the #1 selling word combination lock

“Any inventor or entrepreneur who wants to make money without risking hundreds of thousands in design, manufacturing, warehousing and distribution would be well served to take advantage of the practical wisdom offered up in Stephen’s most recent work, One Simple Idea for Startups & Entrepreneurs.â€
—Ron Hazelton, former home improvement editor for ABC’s Good Morning America and leading authority in the do-it-yourself home improvement field

“One Simple Idea for Startups and Entrepreneurs is a MUST read. The process is broken down into steps that makes it simple to follow and gives you a roadmap to Success.â€
—Gene Luoma, Inventor of Zip-It Clean®

"Advice is everywhere but good advice is very rare. Stephen Key’ One Simple Idea for Startups & Entrepreneurs is the exception."
—Steve Greenberg, author of Gadget Nation and co-host of Food Network's television program Invention Hunters

“Stephen’s a trailblazer in what is now widely accepted as the emerging field of frugal innovation.â€
—Patrick Raymond, Invention Expert for Huffington Post, creator of InventionScore®, and co-host of Invention Hunters on Food Network

“Stephen Key is the real deal. Without his knowledge and willingness to share it, I would not have been able to successfully bring my own product to market. Now readers of One Simple Idea for Startups & Entrepreneurs have the same opportunity to benefit from an education in startups and just how true it is that all it takes is persistence and one simple idea.â€
—Nancy Tedeschi, inventor of SnapIt Screw&™ and prize winner of the WalMart Get on the Shelf contest

Amazon link to the book
One Simple Idea for Startups and Entrepreneurs: Live Your Dreams and Create Your Own Profitable Company: Stephen Key: 9780071800440: Amazon.com: Books

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Thanks Stephen! I moved the post to its own thread.

Mr.Dietsch

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
May 30, 2012
I read your first book about licensing and will be reading this second book! Great author, great teacher, and a entrepreneurial genius!

Buckaroo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
350%
Dec 18, 2012
Appalacia
Thanks for sharing your "One Simple Idea" wisdom on this forum. I have only recently joined this forum, and i am in the process of reading thru all of the posts about licensing and product development. You are truly an inspiration to all of the Fastlaners that are using your "One Simple Idea". Both of your books are ordered and reading the rest of the posts will keep me busy until they arrive. Thanks again for your contributions here.

Marty

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Jan 1, 2013
Stephen, I just bought both of your "One Simple Idea" books. Which one should I read first?

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
Thanks Stephen! Read the first one. Will definitely check out the second one. I always recommend your book to anyone getting started with their first product. I think it points anyone with a product idea in the right direction. Thanks again!

yahdmon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
42%
May 3, 2012
I live in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Thanks MJ DeMarco.

A very many thanks to you too Steven Key.

This is one very timely post, thanks for doing it. It proves the possibility of my dream of becoming a BBBBBillionaire, creating simple gadgets and releasing them into the marketplace. More in a moment.

Going through your post, Steven, I have found the following to be the two ingredients missing from my recipe for success, which translates to mean having more than enough for today and tomorrow. The rest I know/have-done and now I need to know how to:

1. Manage and grow my business
2. Prepare for and implement my endgame (whatever this means)

and with your help (via your text) I will do so.

Armed with the proper ingredients, I hope to learn how to mix it, bake it and later enjoy the benefits of the finished product. Thanks for showing me how. I have already sent you a note of thanks and contact info via PM -- hope to hear from you.

Prior to seeing this post, I was walking and I could visualize me, with tears in my eyes, surprise in my voice, telling my fiance that I am a Billionaire... then a couple hours later I happend upon this post, which falls in line with what I believe and will do.

You see, One Simple Idea is a Biblical process, hidden from the minds of simple men or from simple-minded persons. :)

I have coined this process, One Smooth Stone. It is taken from the Biblical story of David versus Golliath (1 Samuel 17:1-58).

David used one smooth to kill Goliath and as a result, he got to wed the princess and his family never had to pay taxes again. I have already killed my Golliath, got the princess (wedding is in July) and is working my way towards the other benefits which come with defeating something/all-things bigger than one's self. This is a must, in the process.

NOTE: It is not in my belief to force my belief upon anyone. This Biblical citation is not intended as such.

With that said, thanks again Steven. I have read all your posts and will continue to be inspired by you.

One suggestion; forego the Book-on-cd idea which is normally the next step.

Do a video instead.

I would gladly buy that TOO.

I am sure your motivation will come through in your writing but video will no doubt do more to show your passion and more easily have your passion transferred to the viewer; atleast I think so.

WiseNige

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 5, 2012
Atlanta, GA
Just picked up both books, reading the first one right now. Many thanks Stephen and MJ. I will be getting into your coaching program as well Stephen ASAP!

StephenKey

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Nov 13, 2008
Just picked up both books, reading the first one right now. Many thanks Stephen and MJ. I will be getting into your coaching program as well Stephen ASAP!

WiseNige,

Enjoy the books.

I'm also, looking forward to having you as an inventRight student.

-Stephen

StephenKey

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Nov 13, 2008
Thanks!

I read your first book about licensing and will be reading this second book! Great author, great teacher, and a entrepreneurial genius!

Mr. Dietsh,

Thanks for reading my first book on licensing "One Simple Idea" and for getting my second on Venturing "One Simple Idea For Startups And Entrepreneurs".

And special thanks for the kind words. Let me know if you have any questions.

-Stephen

StephenKey

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Nov 13, 2008
Thanks Stephen! Read the first one. Will definitely check out the second one. I always recommend your book to anyone getting started with their first product. I think it points anyone with a product idea in the right direction. Thanks again!

Likwid,

Thanks for recommending my book to your friends.

Saying that my book help point you in the right direction is one of the biggest compliments you could pay me.

So many people go the wrong direction when it comes to brining a new product to market. Getting off onto the right track from the get go is very important.

-Stephen

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.