The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

One of my youtube videos is currently going viral, the "scale" effect is powerful indeed.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
I've had a gaming related youtube channel since Jun 1, 2015.
Until literally a week or so ago i couldn't even pass 40 subscribers with over 100 videos that i've gradually posted over the years.

and then BOOM, a single 3 minute video started getting traction.
Now barely a week later the video just broke 300k views and i just broke 1000 subscribers, with no signs of stopping yet.

Now I haven't made any money or anything, but i think this is a cool showcase of the power of SCALE. its a powerful force indeed ;)

Check this glorious graph: 13937% lol
Capture.png

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

B. Cole

In thine hand is power and might.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
328%
Mar 5, 2017
East Coast
Any clue as to why it broke out suddenly? I ask because I saw a friend’s music video go semi-viral overnight. Unbeknownst to him, a big music influencer in France used a piece of his song without permission, and in a few days his video went from 1k views to several hundred thousand.

Hopefully it was because you posted some kickass content and the world can’t get enough of your stuff!

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
That's great! Perhaps this is the beginning of something much larger.
its all good either way, im just enjoyin the moment lol

Any clue as to why it broke out suddenly? I ask because I saw a friend’s music video go semi-viral overnight. Unbeknownst to him, a big music influencer in France used a piece of his song without permission, and in a few days his video went from 1k views to several hundred thousand.

Hopefully it was because you posted some kickass content and the world can’t get enough of your stuff!

the game i played is sort of trending.

TheLearner

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Mar 17, 2018
DFW, USA
Nice! It sounds like you've already got plenty of content on there to keep them coming back for a while.

WellWallet

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
187%
Mar 6, 2019
Incredible! Really well done. Here's hoping you can capitalize on this moment ... and see many more of them to come!

Stories like this give me hope.

I've had a personal finance youtube channel since about 2015 as well. Have been doing it on and off, but only buckled down since last September.
I have 300+ videos and only a handful have over 10k views. I'm at 205k watch minutes and really pushing toward the 240k mark to be monetized.

I'm "processing" my butt off... working toward that "event"!

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
lol finally crossed one mil, and the views per hour is still increasing! it hit 50,000 views per hour at peak times now lol

my channel is now under automatic review for monetization, but that can take up to a month so i may miss out on any opportunity to monetize. but if i get lucky maybe ill make a few bucks.
Capture.png

How did you all do it to get those views? I have made one video. I got 8 views. I want more views.

The youtube algorithm is showing my video to people, probably because the topic is trending maybe?

Mr.B

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Nov 8, 2014
Australia
How did you all do it to get those views? I have made one video. I got 8 views. I want more views.

Maybe try making more than one video?

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ

I've made 75 videos. I'm sitting at 2,263 subs and about 60,000 lifetime channel views. All this with no monetization and no immediate pay off.

YouTube is the long game. If you can't grind for a couple years without success then it's not the platform for you.

There is good information on YouTube, about how to get more views. The number 1 tip is... keep making videos.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
well i didn't see this coming, but looks like ima break the 3 million views mark, even other videos of the same game didn't get this many views, except 1 with 6.7 million.

i think i got insanely lucky with this one lol

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Pin at post at the top with a simple plug about yourself and a CTA to subscribe.

"Thanks everyone for making this video go viral. I am making more content soon on... Please sub if you are into... "

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
Pin at post at the top with a simple plug about yourself and a CTA to subscribe.

"Thanks everyone for making this video go viral. I am making more content soon on... Please sub if you are into... "

i got a End Screen button to one of my other videos, already 40k views on that one.
Subs are happening, went from 40 to 5000+ so far lol

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
i got a End Screen button to one of my other videos, already 40k views on that one.
Subs are happening, went from 40 to 5000+ so far lol

5k subs - unreal!

Well done. Start cranking out some new content right away.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
5k subs - unreal!

Well done. Start cranking out some new content right away.

its a bit tricky cause the video that went viral is pretty special, i beat the game in a really cool skillful way.
and its a really casual game and i normally play more traditional games.

i may make more casual game videos but it can't be regular gameplay, it has to be something cool that i did just like in the one that went viral.

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
i may make more casual game videos but it can't be regular gameplay, it has to be something cool that i did just like in the one that went viral.
I checked out the video, pretty cool. Even from someone who's never played the game, I can see how impressive that is.

Recently I've gotten into sim racing. Some of the bigger YTers in the space will just record a race and give a play-by-play as to what's going on, their thoughts and tactics, and what other racers are doing. It's casual and not all "HEY WHAT'S GOIN ON IT'S *NAME* HERE SMASH THAT LIKE BUTTON!"

Maybe you could try that out but with whatever game you're playing...depending on the maturity of the audience.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtI0r3FusO0

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
I checked out the video, pretty cool. Even from someone who's never played the game, I can see how impressive that is.

Recently I've gotten into sim racing. Some of the bigger YTers in the space will just record a race and give a play-by-play as to what's going on, their thoughts and tactics, and what other racers are doing. It's casual and not all "HEY WHAT'S GOIN ON IT'S *NAME* HERE SMASH THAT LIKE BUTTON!"

Maybe you could try that out but with whatever game you're playing...depending on the maturity of the audience.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtI0r3FusO0

that's pretty funny narrating over a gran turismo race lol

I do gameplay commentary for a game im playing through, yakuza 0 in this case.
It's been a great learning experience for me such as commentating while playing, speaking with a clear tone of voice, and general video editing.
So although the series never got a lot of views, i don't regret doing it.

I also like the casual type of commentary, im not into the over the top yelling at all, unless of course something genuinely surprises me in the game.

I'm still experimenting with video lengths, and deciding what footage to keep vs cutting out, whether to make more highlight style video or a long form gameplay.
I just don't wanna waste a person's time, that's important to me.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Congrats.

lol finally crossed one mil, and the views per hour is still increasing! it hit 50,000 views per hour at peak times now lol

Feeling any passion? Excitement? Are you a bit more motivated to produce a video now?
;)

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
Congrats.

Feeling any passion? Excitement? Are you a bit more motivated to produce a video now?
;)

To be honest MJ, the excitement wore off, its not like im earning a single dollar right now due to monetization approval waiting period.
after all these years of failure, ill stick to cautious optimism.

ill keep making videos of course.
If i get approved, the next viral one will make some cash for sure.

EarlOfChina

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
210%
Jul 8, 2017
UK
This is so cool. As someone who is building a YouTube channel, this definitely gives me hope!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.