- Joined
- Jun 3, 2015
- Messages
- 2,386
Rep Bank
$3,270
$3,270
User Power: 163%
Lol, this is a bit of a tongue-in-cheek rant.
The other day I posted my first erotic story on a website, and I'm already one of the most popular writers on there. I mean, it's great, and it's nice to be noticed, but I wish I could bag this kind of success with my "normal" writing. Shit, if it was this easy I'd be richer than JK now, just sit back and write and the people will come! (literally).
Clearly, I'm just doing this for kicks and pennies, but I wish I could learn something transferrable. All I've learned so far is, pretending to be a woman is advantageous in the world of erotic literature, and sex sells. I'm pretty sure I knew those things anyway, but it's nice to have them confirmed! Anyway, judging from the response so far, it won't be long before I have a website, Patreon and various ebooks and personalised stories.
Don't get me wrong, I will enjoy making money from this, but I want critical acclaim. I want to write stories that resonate throughout the ages, I want that magnum opus. But all that being said, I do enjoy a good bit of titillation, I've just got to accept I'm not winning any Booker Prize, or getting onto the Times Bestseller list any time soon.
And no, I'm not going to tell you the name of the site, or my pen name.
The other day I posted my first erotic story on a website, and I'm already one of the most popular writers on there. I mean, it's great, and it's nice to be noticed, but I wish I could bag this kind of success with my "normal" writing. Shit, if it was this easy I'd be richer than JK now, just sit back and write and the people will come! (literally).
Clearly, I'm just doing this for kicks and pennies, but I wish I could learn something transferrable. All I've learned so far is, pretending to be a woman is advantageous in the world of erotic literature, and sex sells. I'm pretty sure I knew those things anyway, but it's nice to have them confirmed! Anyway, judging from the response so far, it won't be long before I have a website, Patreon and various ebooks and personalised stories.
Don't get me wrong, I will enjoy making money from this, but I want critical acclaim. I want to write stories that resonate throughout the ages, I want that magnum opus. But all that being said, I do enjoy a good bit of titillation, I've just got to accept I'm not winning any Booker Prize, or getting onto the Times Bestseller list any time soon.
And no, I'm not going to tell you the name of the site, or my pen name.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

