The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

One Billion

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

SeanKelly

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Aug 8, 2012
If you could only take one route to achieve a net worth of $1,000,000,000 what would that route be? Just curious to see everyone's mindsets. Feel free to be as creative as possible, but do not be overly unrealistic.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Do I have to? I don't want a billion dollars.

But if I had to choose any route, I'd build a business that revolutionized the way that other businesses work.

Or the lucky sperm lottery.

SeanKelly

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Aug 8, 2012
Do I have to? I don't want a billion dollars.

But if I had to choose any route, I'd build a business that revolutionized the way that other businesses work.

Or the lucky sperm lottery.

I'd love to have a billion dollars! Thank you for your input though, The-J

MakeItHappen

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Apr 12, 2012
In my opinion i would aim for it with an import business. If you get great at it you can pretty much import anything for any amount so there is A LOT of scale possible! And imo scale will likely be the most improtant requirement for a business to become that big.

SeanKelly

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Aug 8, 2012
In my opinion i would aim for it with an import business. If you get great at it you can pretty much import anything for any amount so there is A LOT of scale possible! And imo scale will likely be the most improtant requirement for a business to become that big.

I don't know the first thing about import businesses lol. Thank you for your input, MakeItHappen!

JEdwards

Legendary Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jan 16, 2011
Texas
I would open a lawn care business, grow it as high as I can move to different markets. In the off season months I would open a carpet cleaning business. Sell franchises of each. then I would take the money I earned and start buying up smaller commercial landscaping companies. Then move up to larger commercial companies.

As I was doing all that, I would move to Hollywood and get into the movie business, take my money invest it into the next big blockbuster. Probably a movie about a small planet where yellow. (not blue) people live. Gross billions in sales and toy sales.

Sell out and invest it all into a bison restaurant and newspaper industry.

MakeItHappen

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Apr 12, 2012
I don't know the first thing about import businesses lol. Thank you for your input, MakeItHappen!
The funny thing is that i didn't ether i also don't have ANY background in the business world but i learnt a lot about it on this forum actually!
This thread https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/fastlane/35694-addicted-passive-income-deposits.html helped me really a lot! Also there is pretty much no knowledge that isn't somehow available online.

Besides that pretty much any business can be scaled some businesses are just easier to scale than others. :)

BTW kinda funny what the membership on this forum can do to your life! I am about to enter the import business something i never thought and knew nothing about my entire life! And i am only a member for about 4 month and haven't at all used my full potential!

Last edited by a moderator:

SeanKelly

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Aug 8, 2012
I would open a lawn care business, grow it as high as I can move to different markets. In the off season months I would open a carpet cleaning business. Sell franchises of each. then I would take the money I earned and start buying up smaller commercial landscaping companies. Then move up to larger commercial companies.

As I was doing all that, I would move to Hollywood and get into the movie business, take my money invest it into the next big blockbuster. Probably a movie about a small planet where yellow. (not blue) people live. Gross billions in sales and toy sales.

Sell out and invest it all into a bison restaurant and newspaper industry.

It's always very interesting to read your replies, Jack. Maybe I can make that movie deal happen because my friend's step-dad, Thomas Tull, is the owner of Legendary Pictures. Hmmmmm... :) And carpet cleaning? Why that choice?

JEdwards

Legendary Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jan 16, 2011
Texas
It's always very interesting to read your replies, Jack. Maybe I can make that movie deal happen because my friend's step-dad, Thomas Tull, is the owner of Legendary Pictures. Hmmmmm... :) And carpet cleaning? Why that choice?

Face it.. Landscaping is seasonal, you are going to have to put your guys somewhere. About the time the grass cutting season ends, that is when people want to make their house nice and clean for thanksgiving, Christmas, spring cleaning.. So you can create more of a year round business. that's why.

Also I have seen some do the Christmas lights deal.

SeanKelly

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Aug 8, 2012
Face it.. Landscaping is seasonal, you are going to have to put your guys somewhere. About the time the grass cutting season ends, that is when people want to make their house nice and clean for thanksgiving, Christmas, spring cleaning.. So you can create more of a year round business. that's why.

Also I have seen some do the Christmas lights deal.

Hmm I like that, I'll look more into carpet cleaning to see how to start it properly. Christmas lights are not for me. That is one thing I may never offer.

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
Hmm I like that, I'll look more into carpet cleaning to see how to start it properly. Christmas lights are not for me. That is one thing I may never offer.

Move to FL Lawn care is year round. Even better is you get paid the same summer and winter. In the winter the time required is cut approximately in half if not even more. Meaning you get paid the same but you do not need to pay your employees nearly as much as they work between 40 - 50% of the time they do in the summer.

SeanKelly

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Aug 8, 2012
Move to FL Lawn care is year round. Even better is you get paid the same summer and winter. In the winter the time required is cut approximately in half if not even more. Meaning you get paid the same but you do not need to pay your employees nearly as much as they work between 40 - 50% of the time they do in the summer.

Thanks Patrick, but I'm not ready to move to FL. I'm currently researching other service businesses I'd be able to start.

D

DeletedUser2

I would create a forum where people post their ideas and steal them all!!!
Muahahahah

oh wait, that's already called the Internets! hmm better get to it then!

a billion? what woudl you do with that much? that's a much better question. buy a nicer house? build a bigger playground?

how about a better focus,

what can you do to change the world. the billion would be a secondary byproduct.

Z

SeanKelly

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Aug 8, 2012
I would create a forum where people post their ideas and steal them all!!!
Muahahahah

oh wait, that's already called the Internets! hmm better get to it then!

a billion? what woudl you do with that much? that's a much better question. buy a nicer house? build a bigger playground?

how about a better focus,

what can you do to change the world. the billion would be a secondary byproduct.

Z

Honestly, a terrible idea.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.