The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

PirateAK

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
May 5, 2023
Hello world. Just joined the party but looks like I'm way late. I'm retired or trying to be from my 30 year business farming clams, yes I said clams; more specifically the Geoduck clam. I started way back before it was a thing, if it is a thing. Now that I don't spend most of my day 60 feet under the Ocean I have time to consider my other endeavors like entrepreneurship. Basically I'm a concept engineer I turn ideas into action then into reality. I have a couple of patents, wrote a couple of books and have engineered many many things from bridges to structures to mechanical marvels. Okay so enough of the boasting and take it with a grain of salt because there's always a bit of flourish in an introduction.

On my table at the moment are a couple of projects, one or two small web/app business ideas that I've mapped out and began the coding and one ultra-massive web based business that is mapped and partially coded that will change the world.... OK maybe not the whole world but at least a segment of it. If you're not changing the world with you ideas you are probably focused in the wrong direction.

I need to delegate, I need partners in crime. I've beat these dogs alone long enough and have reached my skill and knowledge limit to where I could continue for years without completing any of these ideas because I lack the ability to say stop and publish when one more idea pops in my head and I redo what I've already done... I am sure this is a common demon all of you entrepreneurs fight with.

So If you're looking to join a fresh idea give me a shout and I'll share the concepts. As usual I suffer from the fear of oversharing an idea and losing it but I know I must move forward to achieve results.

Partners needed
Investors - always good to get.
Dev's - front, back, full-stack I need you.
Marketing - we aren't there yet but why wait.
Management - Always welcome to build teams.
Website - the kind of people that make the wow pop.

A little taste:

Idea 1: the big one
This one is all about cameras and the millions of people that have one, how each of them can have an opportunity to take photo's and market them without first establishing themselves as a known photographer or taking the long unprofitable path of self marketing.

Idea 2: a simple one
This one is so small and simple it's ridiculous that I have not completed it thus far but I just lack the backend dev skills and knowledge to do so. It's about food, goods and services that we all use daily and a means to connect with an app to our favorite places.

The big idea is the end goal but the simple idea is used here to find the right players that will move forward with me on the big one. Call it a test for those of you that choose to take the journey with me. Let's build the future together.

I'm Kurt I live in Alaska, please drop a hello.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

basuragone

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
May 2, 2023
Hello world. Just joined the party but looks like I'm way late. I'm retired or trying to be from my 30 year business farming clams, yes I said clams; more specifically the Geoduck clam. I started way back before it was a thing, if it is a thing. Now that I don't spend most of my day 60 feet under the Ocean I have time to consider my other endeavors like entrepreneurship. Basically I'm a concept engineer I turn ideas into action then into reality. I have a couple of patents, wrote a couple of books and have engineered many many things from bridges to structures to mechanical marvels. Okay so enough of the boasting and take it with a grain of salt because there's always a bit of flourish in an introduction.

On my table at the moment are a couple of projects, one or two small web/app business ideas that I've mapped out and began the coding and one ultra-massive web based business that is mapped and partially coded that will change the world.... OK maybe not the whole world but at least a segment of it. If you're not changing the world with you ideas you are probably focused in the wrong direction.

I need to delegate, I need partners in crime. I've beat these dogs alone long enough and have reached my skill and knowledge limit to where I could continue for years without completing any of these ideas because I lack the ability to say stop and publish when one more idea pops in my head and I redo what I've already done... I am sure this is a common demon all of you entrepreneurs fight with.

So If you're looking to join a fresh idea give me a shout and I'll share the concepts. As usual I suffer from the fear of oversharing an idea and losing it but I know I must move forward to achieve results.

Partners needed
Investors - always good to get.
Dev's - front, back, full-stack I need you.
Marketing - we aren't there yet but why wait.
Management - Always welcome to build teams.
Website - the kind of people that make the wow pop.

A little taste:

Idea 1: the big one
This one is all about cameras and the millions of people that have one, how each of them can have an opportunity to take photo's and market them without first establishing themselves as a known photographer or taking the long unprofitable path of self marketing.

Idea 2: a simple one
This one is so small and simple it's ridiculous that I have not completed it thus far but I just lack the backend dev skills and knowledge to do so. It's about food, goods and services that we all use daily and a means to connect with an app to our favorite places.

The big idea is the end goal but the simple idea is used here to find the right players that will move forward with me on the big one. Call it a test for those of you that choose to take the journey with me. Let's build the future together.

I'm Kurt I live in Alaska, please drop a hello.
Hello Kurt,

Thanks for the intro and welcome! I'm new here, too.

Re: Idea 1, I'm curious to know how you intend to differentiate your business from platforms/sources such as Shutterstock, SmugMug, Pexels, and Adobe Stock? Perhaps you have a different business model/differentiating value proposition in mind? Are you targeting a niche that isn't commonly tapped?

Last edited:

PirateAK

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
May 5, 2023
Hello Kurt,

Re: Idea 1, I'm curious to know how you intend to differentiate your business from platforms/sources such as Shutterstock, SmugMug, Pexels, and Adobe Stock? Perhaps you have a different business model/differentiating value proposition in mind? Are you targeting a niche that isn't commonly tapped?
This idea/platform is different in many ways as it's primary function isn't just hosting user images or galleries it's a targeted approach where person's seeking imagery place contracts/orders for specific images then the members that are within the demographics such as location, image content or photographic style bid on the contract then the contract poster selects the photographer for their contract based on the bids, profile and work examples. Once awarded the "contract" the successful bidder gets the shoot contract and has a timeframe to complete it before being paid for the work. The idea is anyone with a camera can participate. The idea evolved from my past as a professional photographer where people often asked me to post photo's of their old school or home. On a side note: I run a Facebook page for photography. The page has around 5000 members mostly because we don't allow everyone, everywhere to join which means we have almost zero spam. This "Idea 1" is centered around photographic images but encompasses many other aspects that are related. Thank you for your questions.

PirateAK

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
May 5, 2023
Hello Kurt,

More: On the face this idea sounds much like other concepts/platforms that are already out there and that's partly because on the visible front any photographic business has few nuances besides content and purpose. Where This is different is in the community it builds and the delivery. I am new here and hesitant to post too much in the public forum but I have been building the guts of this idea over 20 years so I have a huge investment of time and money so far. I have tried to keep it within myself and two friends but they are busy with their full time jobs and family. At this juncture I need to make a bold move or give up.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...