The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Now this is fastlane. 100K turned into 105 million in 4 years

Anything related to investing, including crypto

Tony71

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Mar 21, 2011
Irvine, CA

dknise

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Aug 29, 2012
North Bend, WA

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
All that glitters, is not gold.

Focus on your niche! Not even going to watch that clip, I have no interest in forex.

dknise

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Aug 29, 2012
North Bend, WA
All that glitters, is not gold.

Focus on your niche! Not even going to watch that clip, I have no interest in forex.

What if your niche is forex? / the vids not even about forex haha

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
What if your niche is forex? / the vids not even about forex haha

Well if thats your niche, then by all means go and watch the clip :) I def. would if that was my niche.

Forex/Speculative trading..... same shit different commodity.

Todp

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 2, 2011
Damascus Oregon
That was a great video with Tom Sosnoff. Tom was one of the founders of Think or Swim which was sold to TD Ameritrade a few years ago. Tom knows options.

The way in which this woman was trading is definitely fast lane. She traded iron condors when her account was small and when the account got larger she must have upgraded to portfolio margin. Then she was trading wide short strangles. They talked about the flash crash, but not the specifics of how it affected her position. She did say she was on the phone to TOS immediately. I had some safer defined risk option trades on during the flash crash and had some profit issues. I'm guessing this woman must have had some real margin call issues with her naked positions (short straddle is naked options)and had to negotiate some liquidations.

Not sure I would be brave enough to trade naked positions like that. One large market event like in 1987 or a more serious flash crash and it is game over....

Tony71

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Mar 21, 2011
Irvine, CA
If going from 800K to $40 millon profits in span of 3 or 4 years is not fastlane then I don't know what it. :rofl:

But lets see how well she will do when the market crashes at some point.

That was a great video with Tom Sosnoff. Tom was one of the founders of Think or Swim which was sold to TD Ameritrade a few years ago. Tom knows options.

The way in which this woman was trading is definitely fast lane. She traded iron condors when her account was small and when the account got larger she must have upgraded to portfolio margin. Then she was trading wide short strangles. They talked about the flash crash, but not the specifics of how it affected her position. She did say she was on the phone to TOS immediately. I had some safer defined risk option trades on during the flash crash and had some profit issues. I'm guessing this woman must have had some real margin call issues with her naked positions (short straddle is naked options)and had to negotiate some liquidations.

Not sure I would be brave enough to trade naked positions like that. One large market event like in 1987 or a more serious flash crash and it is game over....

Shuffle

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Nov 8, 2011
Manhasset, NY

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Thanks for the video, Speed+, watched the entire thing. As an options trader myself (obviously a part time hobby) I found the strategy interesting enough to investigate but Ill be honest; not sure I have the stomach for short strangles.

Tony71

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Mar 21, 2011
Irvine, CA
You are welcome!

Thanks for sharing! I subscribed to them and im starting to watch their videos.

I wouldn't go about saying its fastlane or not, but rather whether or not your skill and personality matches the niche you are in. Thanks again for the links!

Tony71

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Mar 21, 2011
Irvine, CA
She did say at some point she was learning spanish when she moves to Mexico because the market was crashing lol

I think she may have learned her lessons even though she made the profits, but this market is moving up to fast and I have a feeling at some point we are going to see a correction later in the year.

Thanks for the video, Speed+, watched the entire thing. As an options trader myself (obviously a part time hobby) I found the strategy interesting enough to investigate but Ill be honest; not sure I have the stomach for short strangles.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 3, 2013
I have a moderate amount of trading experience, and strictly as an amateur. Having said that, there are ways to trade that have a very high percentage of winners, and in theory you can simply use a lot of leverage to speed up their profits. This works, until a Black Swan Event happens. Plenty of people get in the market, make their money, and get out - before the Black Swan Event occurs. They were lucky, period. There are some traders who are true masters, like Victor Niederhoffer. He went bust during the "Asian contagion" in 1997. Whatever process the lady in video followed that allowed her to get massive returns, will also allow her to get massive losses - the sword cuts both ways. My suggestion to her is, quit while she is ahead.

All trading comes down to a guess as to whether a price will continue in an expected range, or go to a new price, within a period of time. People that buy options are betting it will go to a new price, people who sell options are betting it will continue in it's range. Trend-traders like Ed Seykota are betting it will go to a new price over a few years, short-term out-of-the-money option writers are betting it will not over a few days. Trend-trading made stead money for decades, until the government had to start propping up the market by printing money - resulting in a ranging market that has made it tough for trend traders (and some have quit). In my view, the Trend traders were simply making very long-term bets that prices would breakout once they moved out of their long-term trading range. There are other traders who have recently made a killing betting the price would return to the mean after touching the long-term bands, and they will eventually get wiped out (perhaps soon).

I digress! I don't mean to put down trading, I spent a lot of my life learning about it, and know some people who have done well at it. I will say this, the only money you make in the market, is the money you take out of the market. If you can make enough to remove your initial capital, you will never lose money!

Also, each participant in the market has an advantage, and if you don't know what that advantage is - then you have no advantage. As an amateur, your advantage is the option to not participate in the market. The pros have to stay in the market, even when they know they should get out. If they got out of the market, people would realize they don't need the pros to stay out of the market. So your advantage, and you better use it, is to be able to hold zero positions.

One more thing, there is only ONE thing in the market that you control, and that is how much money you can lose. You otherwise have zero control over anything, which is why I got out of it. I decided I would rather bet on myself.

Todp

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 2, 2011
Damascus Oregon
One really good aspect about option trading, as compared to other types of trading, is you can tailor trades to comply with your own personal risk tolerance. For example, you can put on a non-directional trade like an iron condor and easily hedge it against a black swan event wiping you out. Your return will be lower, but the trade will be safer and still more reliably profitable than trading stocks. It is this risk and return control I really like about options trading. It does take some time and experience to learn though.

I tried trend trading many years ago. Taking a lot of draw downs waiting for the Gartly pattern or whatever to hit with a good trend drove me nuts. Now, with options, I can win with most trades without big draw downs or black swan anxiety and consistently take small profits.

With interest rates currently near zero and the Fed promising more low rates, it has really eliminated low risk type of investments. After the 2008 market debacle, buy and hold or getting dividends has to be a scary way to invest too. Option trading is the only alternative I have found that actually lets you control the risks in today's investment or trading world. There are a lot of people who believe we are still in a secular bear market and that we will see more volatility in the near future despite all the stimulus from the Fed.

Shaman

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 26, 2013
You're absolutely wrong. If you'll notice, these Tasty Trader guys come off as absolutely clueless... Do you know why? Because, they are trading accord of the system, whereas this woman is obviously trading by instinct/premonition... Don't believe it? Lol, then keep looking for financial advice...

Shaman

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 26, 2013
And all you technical traders be damned! Why put faith in someone else or an algorithm? Research life!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.