The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Now that I have savings for a year, what is the best way to go?

genesisk5

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Mar 25, 2020
south korea
I have shallow programming skills and I have a web service in my mind. I currently have savings for a year and quitted my 9-5 job to achieve my dream.

and I have these 3 options to take from now on:
1. concentrate solely on the web service development and learning necessary programming skills, under the mission to making it profitable in a year.
2. to get a part time job for stability or safety.
3. build a side hustle at the same time which is likely to be profitable in months so that I can comfortably sustain working on my business, even if it doesn’t get profitable for extended years.

all seem reasonable and I would have to make my own decision at the end of the day but just want to hear from other fastlaners here. any input would be appreciated. thanks.

p.s. I’m leaning towards #3 personally.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

farouqali

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Jun 16, 2021
I have shallow programming skills and I have a web service in my mind. I currently have savings for a year and quitted my 9-5 job to achieve my dream.

and I have these 3 options to take from now on:
1. concentrate solely on the web service development and learning necessary programming skills, under the mission to making it profitable in a year.
2. to get a part time job for stability or safety.
3. build a side hustle at the same time which is likely to be profitable in months so that I can comfortably sustain working on my business, even if it doesn’t get profitable for extended years.

all seem reasonable and I would have to make my own decision at the end of the day but just want to hear from other fastlaners here. any input would be appreciated. thanks.

p.s. I’m leaning towards #3 personally.
Hey genesisk5,
Congratulations for taking a big Step towards your Dream goal, its No doubt there's No turning back so go with the option that Scares you most. Be it option No.1(this will make you realize you can achieve on the set goals).
Don't ever doubt yourself "learn how to code, do it exceptionally "
best wishes !!

genesisk5

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Mar 25, 2020
south korea
Hey genesisk5,
Congratulations for taking a big Step towards your Dream goal, its No doubt there's No turning back so go with the option that Scares you most. Be it option No.1(this will make you realize you can achieve on the set goals).
Don't ever doubt yourself "learn how to code, do it exceptionally "
best wishes !!
Thank you! and you’re right, because I’m not sure if I can make it profitable in a year, that was the option I honestly was most scared of. you made me think again and now I got a bit closer to that option. the time and effort required for building a side hustle would definitely be a distraction to some degree. how realistic it is to make it profitable in a year would be the key factor. thank you for your opinion!

Last edited:

AppMan

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
May 25, 2019
concentrate solely on the web service development and learning necessary programming skills, under the mission to making it profitable in a year.
Focusing all your time on one business is the best way to use the one year off, however make sure web business is viable in your area, in general it is very hard to find people who want a website with reasonable prices.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.