The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Not REALLY new but...

dreamer

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Apr 1, 2012
California
So I'm not "technically" new... I read MJ's book a few years ago, fell in LOVE with it, and made an account here. But life got busy and I rarely posted... well now I'm back and looking to post more and wanted to re-introduce myself :)

My name is Sarah, I'm 26, from beautiful Southern California!

I’ve been casually involved with internet marketing for a little over 3 years now and haven’t made more than a couple of bucks here and there. I’ve tried affiliate marketing, product creation, list building, CPA, facebook marketing, youtube marketing, and NOTHING works or has made me more than a couple bucks. My main problem I think is getting traffic… I never can bring the traffic so I don’t get any sales. Anyway it’s my absolute DREAM to be a stay at home mom and run my own successful business online.

I know there’s no “easy way” to make money online… and that’s fine. I’m totally fine with working hard and being patient until I see results, I just don’t know where to go next? I'm hoping to get some new ideas by being here and posting more. Thanks!

PS: Does anyone (new or vet, or MJ if you're reading this!) know if we can get access to the Fastlane INSIDERS group for just 1 month, instead of 3? I'm broke right now and can only afford 1 month to try it out, but I really want to see what it has to offer! Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Welcome back. Time to get off your a$$ and commit. You have tried most of the get rich quick internet fads, only to learn there's no easy way. So do it the old fashioned way. Put the time, work and commitment into making something happen. It's a long road.

Your problem, by the way, is not getting traffic. Traffic flows to value. Your problem is you haven't offered the market anything worth paying you for. If you had, the traffic would come.

There is no 30 day subscription to the INSIDERS, and in fact it probably should be an annual subscription. It's not a great venue for lookers and action fakers. It started as a great venue for action takers. You'd be better off to spend your time on the free part of the forum for now. There is an MBA in knowledge available for free here. You just need to soak it in, pick a mountain and learn how to climb it.
Good luck! - Vigilante

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Traffic flows to value. Your problem is you haven't offered the market anything worth paying you for.

An incredible lesson right there, and it didn't cost anything.

I just don’t know where to go next?

Start with a product that YOU love, YOU use, and that YOU created. I doubt anything you sold in the past fit that criteria.

dreamer

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Apr 1, 2012
California

I really want to be able to help people too... I struggle with mental illness, specifically bipolar disorder, anxiety, and at times, severe depression. I'd love to create a product that helps these people... I already have a blog documenting my struggles with mental illness and have 25 subscribers. Should I try and grow my list and create valuable/helpful content, while in the meantime trying to create a product that caters to these people? Sound like a good idea, or no?

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Were you hanging out in the depression pages in Facebook, because I go hang out in all those mental health, social, psychology, spiritual communities on different social problems. I engage with them and I know the one's ready to help themselves, and the one's that aren't by the way they respond to what you say. I give them a link in the messages, and of course they tell the other ones in private messages. You can't advertise in closed groups, but that's the way i do it, is just talk to them in there so they get to know what you're about, and then message. I also can be selective in those areas too, who I want to deal with when it comes to that particular group. There are all kinds of forums on the topics too, you can engage and talk to people. Doesn't give you a lot of traffic, but some.

Also how much have you learned and experienced? M.J. just posted in another thread on an article on that.

BeingChewsie

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Aug 27, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Hi Sarah,

Welcome back!

Being a stay at home mom is awesome, no question. It is a worthwhile dream. Here is the thing, focus on making the dreams of others come true, ease their path to their dreams and you will absolutely get to yours. You have to flip your mindset, once it becomes second nature to think of the needs, wants and dreams of others FIRST before your own (opportunities explode) and then ACT on providing that with passion, persistence, and patience (income explodes)...you will win.

Hang in there! Coming back here is the right thing.

dreamer

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Apr 1, 2012
California
Were you hanging out in the depression pages in Facebook, because I go hang out in all those mental health, social, psychology, spiritual communities on different social problems. I engage with them and I know the one's ready to help themselves, and the one's that aren't by the way they respond to what you say. I give them a link in the messages, and of course they tell the other ones in private messages. You can't advertise in closed groups, but that's the way i do it, is just talk to them in there so they get to know what you're about, and then message. I also can be selective in those areas too, who I want to deal with when it comes to that particular group. There are all kinds of forums on the topics too, you can engage and talk to people. Doesn't give you a lot of traffic, but some.

Also how much have you learned and experienced? M.J. just posted in another thread on an article on that.

Thanks! Yes that's a good idea to direct message people my link...

And I'm not sure what you mean by how much have I learned and experienced? And what other thread are you referring to I'd like to read it?

dreamer

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Apr 1, 2012
California
Hi Sarah,

Welcome back!

Being a stay at home mom is awesome, no question. It is a worthwhile dream. Here is the thing, focus on making the dreams of others come true, ease their path to their dreams and you will absolutely get to yours. You have to flip your mindset, once it becomes second nature to think of the needs, wants and dreams of others FIRST before your own (opportunities explode) and then ACT on providing that with passion, persistence, and patience (income explodes)...you will win.

Hang in there! Coming back here is the right thing.
Thanks! I'm glad to be back, hoping this forum will help me get in the right mind set and "guide" me into what needs to be done next :)

iAmAttila

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Aug 6, 2014
Sounds like your problem is you jump around too much. Things take time.. you have to learn something become an expert to be able to reap the benefits. It took me 6 months and investing 4000 a month and losing most of it to figure out media buying. Today i make 5 figures and work very little since i hired staff to run the media buys for me.. so the wheels are spinning and the system is working for me.

Focus and profit. Dont jump around :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...