The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Not quite Fastlane

CRBFL

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Oct 9, 2007
But I've made $15 in semi-passive income from my blog in the last two weeks. Let's hope for exponential growth. Might be a nice bit of beer money in a couple years.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

gebbers

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Nov 8, 2007
Yeah thats cool, starting a blog and all is always fun. Getting some money back is even better! ^^ Congrats!

HenkHolland

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 7, 2007
Nice, congratulations, it's an encouraging first step.

I presume you made that money with Adsense. Depending on the subject of your blog you could decide to sign up with Clickbank and select a product that fits with the subject of your blog. You could then integrate your CB promotional link in the relevant articles on your blog. There are several products on which you can make $20 or $30 commission with one sale.

I started to promote a CB product last month through Google Adwords. In my first 30 days I made $172 net. So, after deduction of the $24 that I spent on Adwords. Not Fastlane either but it's a positive cashflow and it's passive money. I set three different ad texts and tweaked them a little bit on basis of the click through rates.

Good luck.

CRBFL

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Oct 9, 2007
Thanks for the reply action. I'm not hoping, I am planning (and outsourcing and scaling.) I'll have to check out ClickBank

Luke12321

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
haha I know, I was just kidding! Good job and always be looking at other companies to advertise with. You never know what is your best fit until you try some out. Keep up the good work...I have visted your page a few times actually!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
But I've made $15 in semi-passive income from my blog in the last two weeks. Let's hope for exponential growth. Might be a nice bit of beer money in a couple years.

Nice, congratulations, it's an encouraging first step.

I presume you made that money with Adsense. Depending on the subject of your blog you could decide to sign up with Clickbank and select a product that fits with the subject of your blog. You could then integrate your CB promotional link in the relevant articles on your blog. There are several products on which you can make $20 or $30 commission with one sale.

I started to promote a CB product last month through Google Adwords. In my first 30 days I made $172 net. So, after deduction of the $24 that I spent on Adwords. Not Fastlane either but it's a positive cashflow and it's passive money. I set three different ad texts and tweaked them a little bit on basis of the click through rates.

Good luck.

Congrats guys ... before you make $XX,XXX/mo, you've gotta make $XX/mo. These are starting points and while $15 might not be impressive, it represents a start. The "start" is far beyond what most people even get to. I'm sure the process of starting these projects have been very educating, and continue to do so.

As for these activities not being Fastlane ... I disagree. You're in the fastlane, just moving slow.

The key reason being ... your income in this venture is now tied to a different metric other than hours worked. The fastlane metric is traffic or users. Your income is now tied to traffic and not the # of hours you work.

When you move away from limited metrics (The # of hours you work, or the # of customer's you can service yourself) to unlimited metrics (owning a systemized website that potentially can serve millions) you move into the fastlane. The real challenge is increasing speed -- increasing speed is the main challenge for most bloggers and other systems that are easily replicated.

Please keep us update on your progress! :thumbsup:

CRBFL

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Oct 9, 2007
When you move away from limited metrics (The # of hours you work, or the # of customer's you can service yourself) to unlimited metrics (owning a systemized website that potentially can serve millions) you move into the fastlane.

Great quote, that's what it's all about.

J P D

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Nov 6, 2007
Chicago, Il
Congrates man!!

A step in the right direction is just that...no matter how big or small.

Before long you'll have added a couple zeros to the end of that figure and instead of extra beer type money you'll be talking about extra house type money.

keep it up.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Congrats guys ... before you make ,XXX/mo, you've gotta make /mo. These are starting points and while $15 might not be impressive, it represents a start. The "start" is far beyond what most people even get to. I'm sure the process of starting these projects have been very educating, and continue to do so.

As for these activities not being Fastlane ... I disagree. You're in the fastlane, just moving slow.

The key reason being ... your income in this venture is now tied to a different metric other than hours worked. The fastlane metric is traffic or users. Your income is now tied to traffic and not the # of hours you work.

When you move away from limited metrics (The # of hours you work, or the # of customer's you can service yourself) to unlimited metrics (owning a systemized website that potentially can serve millions) you move into the fastlane. The real challenge is increasing speed -- increasing speed is the main challenge for most bloggers and other systems that are easily replicated.

Please keep us update on your progress! :thumbsup:

This is a very good post right here MJ, A definate for everyone to remeber that is starting out. In fact im going to print it out in portion, becasue right now i am still on limited metrics however the last two months i have been doing PD for a nonlimited income. IE selling the products whie still doing what i can do that requires my expertise.

If any of that makes sense

CRBFL

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Oct 9, 2007
I know that several of you asked that I keep you updated. Adsense income has been building momentum. Built a few more blogs. Put some affiliate offers in a few.

Nothing yet from any of the affiliate offers. But...I received some email communication from a company asking to advertise on Project One Million.

On another side note, not internet related, Employee Sector pay is up 85% Woot! Once again, not Fastlane, but it creates a good deal more investment capital.

CRBFL

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Oct 9, 2007
Thanks for the link. I've been spending some time on www.bluehatseo.com but it kinda makes my head want to explode!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.