• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

WEB/DIGITAL Not quite Fastlane

Discussion in 'Business Models, Niches, Industries' started by CRBFL, Nov 11, 2007.

1. CRBFL

CRBFL New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $52
    But I've made $15 in semi-passive income from my blog in the last two weeks. Let's hope for exponential growth. Might be a nice bit of beer money in a couple years.

MJ DeMarco likes this.
  2. Luke12321

Luke12321 Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $934
    Good job. Hope? Why not plan?

3. Z5 FILMS

Z5 FILMS Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $251
    Gotta start somewhere. Congrats.

4. gebbers

gebbers New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $34
    Yeah thats cool, starting a blog and all is always fun. Getting some money back is even better! ^^ Congrats!

5. HenkHolland

HenkHolland Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $153
    Nice, congratulations, it's an encouraging first step.

I presume you made that money with Adsense. Depending on the subject of your blog you could decide to sign up with Clickbank and select a product that fits with the subject of your blog. You could then integrate your CB promotional link in the relevant articles on your blog. There are several products on which you can make $20 or $30 commission with one sale.

I started to promote a CB product last month through Google Adwords. In my first 30 days I made $172 net. So, after deduction of the $24 that I spent on Adwords. Not Fastlane either but it's a positive cashflow and it's passive money. I set three different ad texts and tweaked them a little bit on basis of the click through rates.

Good luck.

MJ DeMarco likes this.
  6. CRBFL

CRBFL New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $52
    Thanks for the reply action. I'm not hoping, I am planning (and outsourcing and scaling.) I'll have to check out ClickBank

7. Luke12321

Luke12321 Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $934
    haha I know, I was just kidding! Good job and always be looking at other companies to advertise with. You never know what is your best fit until you try some out. Keep up the good work...I have visted your page a few times actually!

8. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $404,611
    Admin Post
    Congrats guys ... before you make $XX,XXX/mo, you've gotta make $XX/mo. These are starting points and while $15 might not be impressive, it represents a start. The "start" is far beyond what most people even get to. I'm sure the process of starting these projects have been very educating, and continue to do so.

As for these activities not being Fastlane ... I disagree. You're in the fastlane, just moving slow.

The key reason being ... your income in this venture is now tied to a different metric other than hours worked. The fastlane metric is traffic or users. Your income is now tied to traffic and not the # of hours you work.

When you move away from limited metrics (The # of hours you work, or the # of customer's you can service yourself) to unlimited metrics (owning a systemized website that potentially can serve millions) you move into the fastlane. The real challenge is increasing speed -- increasing speed is the main challenge for most bloggers and other systems that are easily replicated.

Please keep us update on your progress! :thumbsup:

9. CRBFL

CRBFL New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $52
    Great quote, that's what it's all about.

10. J P D

J P D New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $42
    Congrates man!!

A step in the right direction is just that...no matter how big or small.

Before long you'll have added a couple zeros to the end of that figure and instead of extra beer type money you'll be talking about extra house type money.

keep it up.

11. LightHouse

LightHouse Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $30,733

This is a very good post right here MJ, A definate for everyone to remeber that is starting out. In fact im going to print it out in portion, becasue right now i am still on limited metrics however the last two months i have been doing PD for a nonlimited income. IE selling the products whie still doing what i can do that requires my expertise.

If any of that makes sense

12. CRBFL

CRBFL New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $52
    I know that several of you asked that I keep you updated. Adsense income has been building momentum. Built a few more blogs. Put some affiliate offers in a few.

Nothing yet from any of the affiliate offers. But...I received some email communication from a company asking to advertise on Project One Million.

On another side note, not internet related, Employee Sector pay is up 85% Woot! Once again, not Fastlane, but it creates a good deal more investment capital.

13. Jorge

Jorge Bronze Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $252
    You may want to check www.jonwaraas.com he's a blackhat SEO, but some techniques are whitehat.

Cheers ;)

14. CRBFL

CRBFL New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $52
    Thanks for the link. I've been spending some time on www.bluehatseo.com but it kinda makes my head want to explode!

15. mglshark

mglshark New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $44
    Chuck - Seems your site was suspended! What happen?

Mgl

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.