The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Nootropics? Anyone familiar with them?

camcam

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Dec 19, 2013
UK
Mmm... someone is not able to have a conversation :cookoo: No need to take it personally, it's not like you invented food

And why the hell would I put protein powder in boiling water? What kind of example is that?

Oh... Put Raw oatmeal into boiling water, then put raw oatmeal into cold water... Eating the first one will get you a nice oatmeal, eating the second will make you shit blood... what's the point?

Cooking tomatoes increases Lycopene in them.

Eat raw chicken and you can die.

It depends on the food, the time it is cooked, the temperature it is cooked at. Cooking can make the food lose some nutrients, but at the same time make them more bio-available and easier to digest, or just plain edible.

I hate when people take other people's point so much to heart on a subject they're not involved in (an actual scientist, dietitian, etc... could have reacted your way, and it would still be only borderline acceptable as a means of conversation)... what an immature way to respond

P.S.: You might need to get a dictionary and look up the word "overblown" which I used in my other post. Overblown=exaggerated which does not mean "not true"

Google search: Protein Coffee.

Nice to see you put some time into that post :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michael Burgess

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Sep 30, 2014
Ontario, Canada
After reading about Modafinil on a blog I frequent, I tried to get my hands on some... unfortunately, most suppliers won't ship it to Canada and my re-routing idea got my product pinched at the border. Oh well!

I found out after this that Adrafinil was created and used prior to Modafinil for narcolepsy, and was still fairly available. I ordered a small quantity and felt.... nothing significant. After using it a few more times, I found it gave me a slightly increased ability to focus, at the cost of becoming more irritable and "edgy". I also felt somewhat tired, sore, and groggy the morning after it's used.

I consumed it late at night while on a road trip across Canada, but threw out whatever I had left at the end of it. I wouldn't recommend Adrafinil based on my experience, and would suggest a good 'ole cup of joe instead. Just for the record: I eat well, have no medical conditions, and am quite fit.

If anybody gets some NZT let me know ;)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

HeresMyThing

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
205%
Sep 1, 2014
I took Piracetam a few year back and at first the results were amazing. I could think in "branches," like a decision tree and I had lots of creative ideas. Then I crashed and felt like a zombie for the next 2 or 3 days: weak as hell.

I later learned you have to balance it with Choline. I didn't figure out how to balance the ratio and just left it there. Then I got alphabrain because it was already "balanced." The first few months were very good. I felt clear headed. If I took too much I got overly aggressive. I stopped feeling any effects so I stopped taking it for about 3 months and tried it again. No joy. So I take more months off and try it again... It still does nothing.

These days I take Bacopa and that seems to help.

tycoon7

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Nov 20, 2013
Well I always try to eat higher protein regardless, and pig out on carbs on a sunday (that's when I'm sticking to it)

One thing I've found with people who aren't having success with low-carb is that they simply don't eat enough. Perhaps that's something to consider, but it might not work for you.

So what foods do you eat on regular days? Do you eat dairy?
Could you show sample day breakfast, lunch, dinner.
Thank you.

mentalic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Nov 26, 2012
I took Piracetam a few year back and at first the results were amazing. I could think in "branches," like a decision tree and I had lots of creative ideas. Then I crashed and felt like a zombie for the next 2 or 3 days: weak as hell.

I later learned you have to balance it with Choline. I didn't figure out how to balance the ratio and just left it there. Then I got alphabrain because it was already "balanced." The first few months were very good. I felt clear headed. If I took too much I got overly aggressive. I stopped feeling any effects so I stopped taking it for about 3 months and tried it again. No joy. So I take more months off and try it again... It still does nothing.

These days I take Bacopa and that seems to help.
I have tried Piracetam with Choline. It works. I am focused at the 8th hour as much as I am at the 1st. However it looked like it affected my mood a lot.

Having a balanced died (no sugar, few carbs), sleeping well and exercising regularly seems like a more sustainable approach.

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
Does anyone have any feedback on truBrain?

Also, I've read it again and again that people just get the raw ingredients used in the capsules of their favorite nootropics...

And make their own stacks, blends, etc. Has anyone or is anyone doing this?

AlphaAdem

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
May 13, 2015
Sydney , Australia
I have used Armodafinil(Newer version of Modafinil apparently stronger) a few times it was alright , first time i took it i thought it was going to be like NZT from the movie Limitless lol, wasn't anything special though just made me sharp ,awake and focused . Used it once before when i had like 4 hours sleep felt great all day.

Adam Cerantivu

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
May 10, 2015
Sydney NSW Australia
In relation to mental clarity and taking supplements for it - carefully observe the below (tone of voice, facial movements) in some parts of it, and I think one will see the possible "after-effects" [side-effects] of taking 'AMP Citrate' :)

Last edited:

JAMES-L67

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jan 24, 2014
First time I stacked 30mg Noopept with 200mg caffeine was amazing, everything felt great and I could focus on something for 4 hours without realising. However the next few times the effects wore off, and now (even though I only have it maybe once every 2 months) I feel little effects, but lie in bed at night with a terrible headache.

Austin_S28

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 18, 2014
I use a supplement called synadrex.

I work weird hours and often don't sleep a lot...

It can be found on amazon for 23-24 bucks for 45 caps.

I'll feel like I got 9 hours of sleep in 30 minutes and will be sharp all day.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
have you guys ever considered meditation?

Many here do meditation, some discussions on it probably in the Health/Fitness subforum.

JaxAttacks

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
215%
May 16, 2015
California
I have got to get my diet in order. I've cut soda out and quit smoking in the last 6 months but I've gotta cut the other crap out and replace it with healthy foods. Then, I might mess around with things like Alpha Brain if I feel like I still want to.

JustKris

Writing and talking, basically.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Oct 16, 2012
In the mountains
I've tried a few. I don't use them regularly. They're generally inexpensive---try something like Powder City or Bulk Supplements.

Noopept---Good focus, relaxation, and a general feeling of creativity.

Piracetam---The same, but not as intense.

With piracetam, etc---make sure to also take choline.

And to echo the other posters---a good diet makes a HUGE difference. Cutting out wheat, dairy, and sugar cleared up my brain fog in a huge way.

handshaker

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jan 12, 2016
Lots of broscience in the nootropics niche. Plenty of supplement companies willing to fill the void of information with their marketing insights. I treat every pill as a skeptic--what does the Dr. recommend, and what are they basing their recommendation on.

Be very careful with internet scientists testing and suggesting things, chances are there isn't a well controlled test environment. Additionally, the internet scientist might not--gasp--be as well versed in chemical/biological recourse as you think.

I'd venture a guess that a chat with your typical endocrinologist will yield much better results than an in depth debate with an internet nootropics expert.

I completely agree. Nootropic sites went from factual information like wiki, to bullsh!t US type hype propaganda. It's such a shame!

There are a few sites which do it well, these will always include studies, and references where ever they can, four great examples are xxxxxxxxx and many others now follow suit.

They won't TELL you their opinion, but rather explain those of others and give you the science. Much better imo

EDITED BY VIGILANTE. NO EXTERNAL LINKS FOR NEWBIES UNTIL WE KNOW YOU AREN'T A SPAMMER. Welcome to the forum. Don't post any more links.

Last edited by a moderator:

Malcolm_X

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Nov 6, 2015
Germany
Been taking noopept + choline bitartate + ALCAR for a few weeks now. Sometimes I feel a good clear focus and thought flow, sometimes not. I've noticed a better, more fluent speech - most people won't notice this, but I have mild problems (was worse in the past) with speech, so could clearly see the difference.

Also started taking theanine with coffee and melatonin before bed. So I cannot judge the effects of individual supps exactly.

I have the feeling that melatonin helps the most, as I have a damn good sleep and wake up without an alarm fully refreshed. Also need less sleep (this could be because of noopept as well I guess).

ChrisJTurner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Mar 13, 2015
UK
The best thing for me was to get better quality sleep, it works wonders.

My brain is on full throttle most of the day, thinking of various different things, so the 2 things that worked for me are:

5-FTP - Very, very cheap... though it makes me feel a little on edge.
&
L-Tryptophan - Helps me feel more relaxed and wake up in the morning feeling 'switched on'

I guess id choose latter. Though, I have nothing else to compare to, since these are the only two ive tried.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Jun 3, 2015
Tried Aniracetam and it helped me focus, increased confidence, better speech, etc.

Tried Noopept and it just made me have super tunnel vision, overly focused, etc.

Aniracetam is far better in my experience.

Nonetheless: Solid diet + exercise + sleep + meditation = Natural NZT-48 pill. (Limitless movie reference!)

Hi, where do you get Aniracetam?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.