The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

No Money Down Example -- with $420 per month cash flow + equity

CashFlowDepot

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
May 16, 2009
Central America
For all of you who are waiting on the sidelines until you have enough money to invest in real estate... a reminder that you do NOT NEED MONEY to make money with real estate.

There are a lot of different ways to make money with real estate. Some require a cash investment but there are plenty of ways to make money with "no money down" real estate techniques.

Read about Patrick Mangum's first real estate deal to learn one way to make money without money invested and still get a $420 per month cash flow:
Jackie: My first deal went like this. I acquired a $45000.00 piece of property for $33000.00 on a three year lease option withan ‘out’ for no penalty and an option to renew for another three years at acost of $100.00. My payments are three hundred per month and I gota great tenant with a great job and great income and great credit on a one yearlease for $720.00 per month. I do not pay the taxes on the property so my monthly profit is a straight $420 permonth and I can tie up the property for six years. Now the fun. $200 of my $300 dollar payment goes toward down payment which comesto $2400 per year and after six years that comes out $14400 down on $33000making my payoff $18600.00 This was a sweet deal..... What do you think. Thanks
Patrick Mangun
At CashFlowDepot.com you’ll learn how to do deals like Patrick’s– the kind of deals that require no money, no credit, no loans, and no experience.

With Pat's deal, he:

• Didn't buy the house
  • Didn't get a loan or need credit
  • Didn't need cash for a down payment

Yet, he's still enjoying $420 per MONTH in cash flow and building equity every month. Here's how..

Instead, of buying the house, he leased the house with the right to sublease it to someone else. The difference between the monthly payment he collects and the monthly he pays is $420!

In addition, he got an option to buy the house in six years with a pre- agreed to price today.

Plus, every time he makes a lease payment, $200 of it is being applied to the down payment or purchase price later, thus reducing the amount he will owe in six years.

Plus, Pat gets $420 per month in cash flow on a house he does not even own!

Opportunities like these are all over the world.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
That's awesome. I was completely new to real estate when I got six houses under contract for $10 each.

BUT it cost me $4-5k in marketing and nine months of 12+ hour days to get those leads; neither free or easy.

"No money down" does not mean no money.

Mr.Dietsch

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
May 30, 2012
That's awesome. I was completely new to real estate when I got six houses under contract for $10 each.

BUT it cost me $4-5k in marketing and nine months of 12+ hour days to get those leads; neither free or easy.

"No money down" does not mean no money.

Can you elaborate how you found 6 houses for under $10 down? Why the 5k in marketing as well?

CashFlowDepot

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
May 16, 2009
Central America
No need to spend any money on marketing ( especially when you're just throwing money at stuff and don't know what you're doing)

Spending $5k in marketing or even $500 in marketing is not necessary when there are so many free sources for motivated seller leads, like....

craigslist.com

eviction court

fsbo web sites

expired listings

code violations

probate ( available at court house for free)

door knocking

recruit bird dogs ( property locators)

and many others

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
No need to spend any money on marketing ( especially when you're just throwing money at stuff and don't know what you're doing)

Spending $5k in marketing or even $500 in marketing is not necessary when there are so many free sources for motivated seller leads, like....

craigslist.com

eviction court

fsbo web sites

expired listings

code violations

probate ( available at court house for free)

door knocking

recruit bird dogs ( property locators)

and many others

So you're saying you can't do this without experience then? Because you said you don't need experience to this, but then you said not if you know what you're doing. I contacted everyone on craigslist for the entire 9 months (0 leads), went down to the court house myself every month for 4 months and wrote down contact info for every probate case (0 leads), put an ad on craigslist for bird dogs with an offer to pay them $5-10 per lead (0 people responded), had a Realtor give me expired listings as soon as they came out (2 leads - wanted over retail and all cash), driving for dollars each week on trash day for 3 months (0 leads), FSBO websites are BS (at least in my area), 99% of them are listed on the MLS and the others are pay me $500k for my $200k house (0 leads), didn't door knock nor will I (and no that's the not the reason I didn't make millions).

Can you elaborate how you found 6 houses for under $10 down? Why the 5k in marketing as well?

I bought lists of homeowners (absentee owners, preforeclosure, pre-NOD, vacant) and mailed a letter to them asking to buy their house. Gave them my number to call if they were interested. Reponse rate was anywhere from 15-60% per mailing (200 leads). 70% of them owed more than what the house is worth, were current on payments, good looking house, and their payment was far over market rent. I told a few of them they could pay me to take the house from them and nobody would. I set an appointment with the people that were desperate to sell and offered to take their house from them in exchange for $10. They said yes. Tried buying two through short sale and the banks instead let it go to foreclosure. One she asked for the contract to be cancelled and I did. The other three were offered with owner financing for just a few grand over what I paid and everyone that was interested wanted to buy them for the same price as the foreclosures next door for $80k less.

I'm not the best at this in the world, but to say anyone can do this without money, experience, credit or loans is crap. You need to be very strong in at least one of those, or INCREDIBLY lucky which means this is a short term snatch and grab unless 1) you have money 2) you have credit 3) you have experience.

InMotion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Mar 18, 2011
So you're saying you can't do this without experience then?

Not to hijack this.... love to see the reply but if anyone could do an opportunity without experience or knowledge I have found it to not be an opportunity. Fits into the Entry command. Its not ironclad but it has been in my en-devours. As my dad always said "If it was easy then they wouldn't have us to do it." So I am always skeptical when someone says its an opportunity without experience (knowledge) or capital. It doesn't exist.....its just what people who know what they are doing, or have capital, tell those who don't...for their benefit normally.

Rickson9

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Sep 4, 2010
Canada
CFD and Wade are both correct. The system works. BUT it's not easy. You need to HUSSLE.

Once an individual has a bit of cash then they have the option of hussling (pun intended). Just buy the property in cash, then option it out if that's what you really want to do.

CashFlowDepot

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
May 16, 2009
Central America
The reason most people fail is because they pick the wrong technique to start with. If you jump right in wanting to actually BUY or rehabbing houses, then yes, that takes cash and you better have a LOT of experience before you start risking your money ( or money you borrow from someone else.

BUYING houses is not a good way to get started. It's better to just wholesale or do Master Leases (like Patrick's deal) to start.

The other reason people fail is because they go after the wrong kind of houses to get started. To do wholesale deals, you need a lot of equity. You can research the deed date to find out of there is equity before you start wasting money on marketing to them.

For master leasing it does not matter if the house is upside down, but ideally the mortgage payment is less than you can rent it for. If not, you'll need to get the owner to eat part of that payment each month. Some will. Some won't/can't

One of my students is getting 45 motivated seller leads a month. The leads all came from bird dogs he recruited on craigslist to drive around looking for run down, vacant looking houses. He pays the bird dog $500 for each deal he CLOSES so it's not costing him a penny to get the leads. He is closing 5 deals a month.... wholesale.

Another student is going to eviction court to talk to worn out landlords. Marketing expense zero. Closes 3 wholesale deals a month.

Another goes to the code violation hearings where there are 50-60 motivated sellers at one time.. marketing expense zero. Closes 5 deals a month.

Another got the FREE code violation lists from the city. mails 10 postcards per week. ( yes there is a $5 per week costs in that) but she is closing at least 1-2 deals per month. Here's her story..." I was working as a waiter/bartender at Chili’s Bar and Grill and that's when Jackie offered to tell me how to get started in real estate investing. About two weeks later I closed on my first deal and picked up a check for $24,000.00!!! (twenty-four thousand - I wanted to spell it out so you know it is not a mistake)"

Another works the FSBO leads he gets from driving around, focusing on vacant houses. Yes, some are listed properties but he goes straight to the owner to get a master lease. Sometimes with an option sometimes not.

Back to your situation... you said I bought lists of homeowners (absentee owners, preforeclosure, pre-NOD, vacant) and mailed a letter to them asking to buy their house. Gave them my number to call if they were interested. Reponse rate was anywhere from 15-60% per mailing (200 leads). 70% of them owed more than what the house is worth, were current on payments, good looking house, and their payment was far over market rent

The mistake is to think you have to BUY the house. You don't! If you had offered to pay these sellers mortgage payment for the opportunity to lease then sub-lease, you could have closed a lot of deals and made a lot of cash flow. What they owe does not matter in a master lease situation. If their mortgage payment is $1500 and the house will only rent for $1500, then you offer to rent for $1250 and the seller has to cover the other $250 per month. Instead of the seller losing $1500 per month, they only lost $250 per month. You can get sellers to do that easily.

Let's say they owe $200,000 now and the house is only worth $150,000. You could still get an option for $200,000 for 15 or 20 years from now. Do you think it will be worth more later?

Control of the house is more important than ownership. You don't have to buy a house to make a ton of money with it.

Last edited:

Rickson9

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Sep 4, 2010
Canada
Great tips. Thanks Jackie!

D

DeletedUser2

Not to hijack this.... love to see the reply but if anyone could do an opportunity without experience or knowledge I have found it to not be an opportunity.

the true barrier to entry is to have the Brass Balls, the sheer guts to do something so outside your comfort zone, and believe that it will work. in this case its all balls. and for the most part people just cant seem to grow enough of a pair. I have literally walked someone up to a house, helped them structure the deal, and get all the paperwork ready for them, and they didn't close it.

the barrier to entry? Not enough testicular fortitude.
period.

and thats ONE barrier to entry. :)

Z

InMotion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Mar 18, 2011
the true barrier to entry is to have the Brass Balls, the sheer guts to do something so outside your comfort zone, and believe that it will work. in this case its all balls. and for the most part people just cant seem to grow enough of a pair. I have literally walked someone up to a house, helped them structure the deal, and get all the paperwork ready for them, and they didn't close it.

the barrier to entry? Not enough testicular fortitude.
period.

and thats ONE barrier to entry.

Z

Well that person lost out.....I see your point. Lack of fortitude is a barrier.

mandieB

Banned
Sep 21, 2012
The pace of people purchasing houses with cash is on the rise. The proposition is already appealing from the buyer's point of view, saving them the expense and headache of securing a home loan. On top of that, sellers are often willing to take a reduction in asking prices for a faster and less risky closure. However, the trend is causing difficulties for some first-time buyers. As we will see in part two, the increasing popularity of the trend is making it more difficult for young buyers to close a deal.

Determined2012

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 22, 2012
Chicago, IL
Can this work in Chicago- with how expensive housing is here?

I have looked on Craig's List in my area to try to find something that would fit in with this model- but everything was priced too high to try to raise the price even higher to create the cash flow... Or is that NOT how you do it?

When you look- do you look for housing with a low price?

How do you determine how much cash flow will be generated from the sub lease?

Do you automatically try to structure the lease to where the owner is covering a portion ($100- $200) of the payment?

For my own comprehension purposes-

Would I lease this (New Construction Ready Now (1st Floor Unit Available)) for $800, (the owner covers the other $100- payment/advertised $900) then sublease it to someone for $1,200 (creating $400 in cash flow) ? Is this how it works?

I picked this listing because it just seemed like it could work in real life due to the # of bedrooms...However, I started to ask myself why would they pay $1,200 for this, if they can rent something else/ better for $1,200... What would make the sub leaser want to lease THIS? Or am I thinking this way because I know the price has been raised?

How do you structure the deal with the sub leaser? Just advertise it to them at the price you want them to pay, wait for someone to bite, then screen them to see if they will be able to pay it?

What do you do from the time you signed the lease, until the time you find someone to be the sub leaser?

Do you pay the lease amount until you find someone?

How do you advertise the sublease before you are leasing the property yourself- to ensure that you WILL get someone in the unit to AVOID having to make a payment yourself?

Thank you for your time.

H. Palmer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Aug 12, 2011
Fastlane Metro
Jackie,

Are lease options possible to do out of state?

I mean, I assume that before doing a lease option deal with a seller, you would need to inspect the property first. I mean physically inspect it. Or would this be overkill?

If not overkill, it is possible to get around physical inspection? For example you outsource physical inspection to the tenant-buyer who walks through the property and when he says the property needs fixing up your original contract with the seller becomes null and void?
In other words, can you get around physical inspection with a contingency clause in the contract?

Or do you use other contingency clauses?

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
The pace of people purchasing houses with cash is on the rise. The proposition is already appealing from the buyer's point of view, saving them the expense and headache of securing a home loan. On top of that, sellers are often willing to take a reduction in asking prices for a faster and less risky closure. However, the trend is causing difficulties for some first-time buyers. As we will see in part two, the increasing popularity of the trend is making it more difficult for young buyers to close a deal.

It would help your credibility if you would cite the source you copied and pasted that from. Judging from your 3 posts, I think I smell a spammer.

psaco131

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Mar 16, 2012
Peru
Quote by Determined2012

I picked this listing because it just seemed like it could work in real life due to the # of bedrooms...However, I started to ask myself why would they pay $1,200 for this, if they can rent something else/ better for $1,200... What would make the sub leaser want to lease THIS? Or am I thinking this way because I know the price has been raised?
The subleaser might have bad credit which doesn't allow a mortgage. Lease options require a small consideration amount versus a downpayment for a mortgage. People are willing to pay that extra premium for there unique circumstances.

How do you structure the deal with the sub leaser? Just advertise it to them at the price you want them to pay, wait for someone to bite, then screen them to see if they will be able to pay it? Structure it so you can generate cash flow. Advertise, screen prospects throughly and you're good to go!

What do you do from the time you signed the lease, until the time you find someone to be the sub leaser? Make payments, do repairs (build sweat equity if you plan to buy the house down the road), advertise.

Do you pay the lease amount until you find someone? Yes, unless it was negotiated otherwise.

How do you advertise the sublease before you are leasing the property yourself- to ensure that you WILL get someone in the unit to AVOID having to make a payment yourself? In the contract you can make a clause stating that you won't make payments the first 1-2 months to ensure you find a buyer. (Not sure exactly how its worded, might need someone to clarify on this)

Contracts should always be fully understood between both parties before anyone signs. A contract could make or break a deal so always seek assistance if you aren't sure.

CashFlowDepot

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
May 16, 2009
Central America
It works in any price range.

To avoid risks (getting stuck with making payments), you should get an option to lease the house with the understanding that you won't start paying rent unless/until you find a suitable tenant.

You can also do what's called a performance lease, which means you will pay the owner a percentage of the rents you collect each month. If the house is vacant, obviously, you don't have to pay any rent to the owner.

Keep in mind that you have no repair costs, no taxes to pay, no insurance costs. But you get cash flow each month the house is rented.

You can do like the example and have all or part of the rent go towards purchasing the house later. But instead of actually buying it, you could sell your option or find another buyer then just pocket the difference between your option price and the sales price.

With the uncertaintity with house prices and the economy, this is a SAFE way to make money with real estate.

xgrave

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Oct 1, 2012
This thread is full of gold ideas! I have one question though. Based on the personality of the owner, i.e. one that let his house go into evictions court for one reason or another, whats to stop that person from taking your lease payment for his mortgage and spending it on something other than paying the actual mortgage? I'm not sure how the eviction process works but if you have a contract with your subleasees and they get evicted because the owner didnt pay the mortgage, arent you screwed? Is there some legal way you can directly send checks to his bank/mortgage holder to avoid any unpleasant surprises or is this illegal?

CTamme

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
Sep 27, 2012
QC, Iowa
Do you have the address of this deal? I would love to research it and determine the validity of the post.

Why would someone take less then half the available rents and settle for a lease option? It sounds like someone praying on an unsophisticated investor. Is the seller carrying a mortgage on the property?

This sounds just like the story phony RE gurus like to throw around without any kind of proof. Claims like these need to be substantiated before anyone should believe them.

D

DeletedUser2

Claims like these need to be substantiated before anyone should believe them.

and this is the reason I can walk someone through the whole process and they still not buy a deal.

hey, how is your investing going?

Z

CTamme

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
Sep 27, 2012
QC, Iowa
and this is the reason I can walk someone through the whole process and they still not buy a deal.

hey, how is your investing going?

Z

I don't need to be walked through a deal. An address is more then enough to follow up.

John T. Reed Publishing Home Page

Only suckers takes someones word. Walk me through a deal of yours and I will happily substantiate anyone's claims. I haven't followed up on REI because as of this point in my life the dollars per hour don't make sense. I can walk you through my stock trades though if you want to have a pissing contest.

Stu_Hefner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Mar 9, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Hi, ive been interested in these lease options and rei strategies for a while. Ive always wanted to start but do not really know the ins and outs. I live in australia, do you think there will be much difference how they operate? I do notice people advertising rent to buy real estate in the area I live. That would be one aspect of the strategy, correct?

I just looked at that cashflowdepot website and interested in becoming a member. Any details on what I'll recieve as a member?

Pete799p

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Aug 18, 2011
My big question is in regards to the master lease/option style strategies where you control the property through a contract. I have read a lot about these types of deals as well as talked with a lot of professional real estate investor (I currently work in real estate) and I have never found anything about how the building maintenance is handled.

From my experience there is a big difference between making $400 positive cashflow over your mortgage and actually taking home $400 a month net. I am sure this will depend on the structure of the deal but I would like to hear how others have addressed the issue of building maintenance. Do you usually handle the small stuff say $100 or less and the existing owner handles the big stuff? How do you handle the issues of billing for maintenance/repairs? How would you handle major repairs when they come up, roofs, heaters, etc.

I am not here to sweat the little stuff but roofs and heaters can eat up a lot of $400 a month checks really quickly. Not to mention lack of timely repair can create some serious tenant/vacancy issues.

Thank you.

CashFlowDepot

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
May 16, 2009
Central America
pete799

The way repairs are handled with a Master lease, typically, is you tell the owner you will be responsible for the first $50 in repair costs so you're not calling them about small stuff. But, in your lease agreement with the sub-tenant, you make them responsible for the first $50 in any repair costs so it cuts down on repair calls and the tenant pays for the things they break.

Of course, like any real estate agreement, you can negotiate to pay for all repairs up to a certain amount it if will get you more cash flow each month. Or you can do no repairs ( you don't own the house)

When you own the house, then those repair costs can kill a whole year of cash flow. I know. I had to replace 3 HVAC systems in my rentals this summer and a few roofs.

That's why master leasing is such a good strategy to use. You can the benefits of cash flow, without the liabilities of ownership.

CashFlowDepot

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
May 16, 2009
Central America
JScott

I don't appreciate that you claim I'm lying just because I have a web site that teaches

Notice I posted the students name and their exact testimonial they gave me. I've actually got thousands of successful students
Testimonials

I have given my book to several fast lane members. Most recently, this weekend I got an email from someone who is
way over his head in debt and problems.

You're dead wrong about making money without a capital investment. Yes, it will take a little, but not much. With as little as $10 you can get options on houses then wholesale them to make a quick $3,000 - $5,000 or more. With as little as $1000, you can buy a house subject to the mortgage or with seller financing (preferred), then rent it out for positive cash flow or to get your capital back ASAP, you can re-sell with seller financing so you get your $1000 back PLUS more AND get a positive cash flow.

Read the testimonials I provided how Arcinio turned $300 in to $33,000 in a month.

Master leasing takes no capital at all - if done right. One of my students went from $0 to $7500 a month in cash flow doing master leases. Want to hear an audio interview with him? I will provide the PROOF.

If you do the old-fashioned, SLOW way of making money where you buy a house, fix it up, then try to resell to a retail buyer it takes significant capital.

But there are so many other ways to make money with LESS RISK that it just does not make sense to even do rehabs these days.

vladsoriano

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Nov 5, 2012
London, UK
I'd have to agree with JScott.

I started my property business this year with my girlfriend. Technically we have not used any of "our own money". But that doesn't mean we didn't have to get permission to "control" the money. And it wasn't just a case of "borrowing".

In the UK, banks do not like lending to fully leveraged borrowers, especially in this economy. We were able to get angel financing for the deposit, at a cost of 10% per annum. The structure of the investment deal is such that we will RECOUP our spent moneys. But there again, that doesn't mean you don't have to have the cash. Legals and Refurb/Rehab costs are all on credit card - "not my money" yes, but I had to work hard to get those arrangements in place: not everyone can do what my girlfriend and I did, because of differing credit scores and credit history.

Basically, the absolute truth of it is that you must have CONTROL of at least 20% of the value of your project in cash/credit.
How you get that control is what makes property investment difficult for some. Equity release/angels are the best source. Credit Cards are second. I've not touched any of our savings. So I know it's possible.

However, like JScott says.... you shouldn't begin to think that it's "easy" once you know how. Like MJ/Fastlane says, you must go and work out your own "process" to figure out what will work for you.

Oh and as far as options go, again.... it's about control and getting that control. Some will find it easy. Some will not. It's not as clear-cut as one believes. I've had an option deal fall through purely because of last-minute hesitancy of the seller. Nothing you can do. If anything, it's a numbers game. Learn the rules. CREATE YOUR OWN PROCESS and keep repeating til you have success.

BTW... our first project stands to deliver £10K profit.

CashFlowDepot

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
May 16, 2009
Central America
I'm glad to offer free training. But not for one. I'd like to train 3 people at the same time. If you're interested, send me a PM on why I should pick you. PM's must be received by Sunday, November 25th 2012. I'll pick 3 people on Monday. Let's get a little competition going to see who makes the most money in 30-60 days.

I'm not on this site to sell anything. I'm here to answer questions about real estate investing & to help people get going in the right direction. If someone asks me about my web site or products, I'll answer their questions but that's it.

What makes you think that someone is lying just because they have something to sell? the tone of your email clearly implied that I was lying.

Rehabbing in this economy is dangerous and risky. There are many other ways to make money - more money - with less risks. Inflation is coming. When it goes up ( could be next month), interest rates will go up fast. In 1982, interest rates doubled in a 2 week period. When rates rates go up, there are 50% fewer buyers for your nicely rehabbed property.

Does it really work?

Hello, I wanted to write this testimonial and review about CashflowDepot.com to adequately describe my personal experiences and views. My name is Arcinio and I am an emerging real estate investor. I have been involved in RE investing for approximately one year. At age 32, I have attempted many venues to make money fast and most importantly free up my time to spend more time doing the things I enjoy doing. Realistically,there are only a few things in this world that actually allow one the liberty and luxury to be financially independent without the burden of stressful,mundane work conditions.

For years I have spent lots money and time, on researching,gathering and putting together ways to become my own boss and be financially independent. I have stacked many hours in my week, miles on cars, meals purchased, hotels booked and useless things purchased for the sole purpose of finding a remedy to free myself from being a slave to Corporate America.

Having a job working 40 plus hours a week only lead to a very limited level of financial bliss. This includes the time when I found what I thought was a career job working for a University as a Director of Admissions making 80K a year. Even still, as a manager, I found myself working tons of hours and the income I was making was not worth the time it was taking from my family. So I rekindled my quest and searched once again for ways to have an income without sacrificing so much of my time. My wife dreaded the fact that I stayed up late throughout the night searching online only finding so called “get rich quick” sites. I tried and searched and read just about everything about how to make money from home. I even started to purchase things oversees and sell them online, only to find this was also very time consuming and not really worth the small profit.

Enter Jackie Lange and Cashflowdepot.com (CFD). I stumbled across Jackie when I was following a blog about Panama (my nativity). There the writer of the blog simply made one statement that got my attention…”Jackie operates a successful real estate business with quite a following”. I wanted to find who this Jackie was and what was she doing. So I simply started my search engine and found Jackie with her many other entrepreneurial sites. I must admit, at first I thought it was another vain babble. Then I started to read there views and testimonials about Jackie and CFD. Still, I wasn’t convinced.

Until I called Jackie one day, and she personally returned my call! Never in the many years of attempting to find what I was looking for has any CEO, owner, founder,pioneer or president actually called me. In all cases got an automated message or some employee that really couldn’t answer my questions. So when Jackie and I spoke, we spent some time chatting about beautiful Panama. Then I began asking her about what she was doing. She opened my eyes to RE investing and led me to CFD. As a member of CFD, I learned one very important lesson that changed my life… you don’t need tons of money (or any at all) to invest in real estate. I was always under the impression that an investor was one that made a seven figure income. Nonetheless, I was no where near ever becoming a successful investor. CFD has taught me the many, many ways to invest in real estate without using any of my own money! There are many testimonials and some of which you may question.

My testimony however, I feel is different only because for me I personally have tried and adapted the practices taught on CFD. I personal have spoken to Jackie as well as other members on CFD.

One of my greatest feats was getting an option on a house for 125K then selling it to a cash buyer for 160K! I simply did what Jackie taught in her book and yielded to the advice of other members on CFD. I never actually owned the house nor did I invest any large sum of money. I placed an ad for anyone wanting to get out of their house situation. A man called me and stated that he owed 8k on a his house and was going to walk away because he didn’t know what to do and was running out money. His house needed a lot of clean up and he was really stressed out about it. I told him I would help him with removing trash and basic clean up as long as we can agree on a selling price. We agreed and signed a contract, an easy and simple buy/sell contract stating that I would buy his house for 125K. Part of my contract stated that as long as I can find a buyer that would buy from me, the deal was on. Hence, I had no obligation whatsoever. After a few weeks of cleaning, I began to advertise the house. A three bedroom, two bath, 2100 sq ft in a very nice area where homes were selling for 200K was desirable for many people. I posted a highest bidder sale starting at 90K to sell to highest bidder as is.An investor/cash buyer called me and wanted to end the highest bidder if I sold to him for 160K cash. So I made a second contract between me and the cash buyer. He showed me proof of funds and we went to the title company!

The rest is history.

I only had about $300 of my own money in the whole deal to rent a trash bin to remove trash bin. In the end the owner was very happy sell his home and get at least 125K and the investor was very happy to get a house worth almost 200k for 160K and needing very little work. And of course, I was a happy camper. This would not have been possible if I hadn’t met Jackie and was introduced to CFD. CFD is source with a robust wealth of information needed for the RE investing business. Especially if one is starting off as I was. To date,I have learned so much about RE investing. Form options, to master leasing,mobile homes deals, creative deal making, flips, and so much more. CFD is the place to start. As a member, not only is it possible to get acquainted with other investors but you can also have access to a weekly training call which has been very, very advantageous. I recently learned how to duplicated myself and get more done in less time by outsourcing. I plan to take advantage of this technique and am sure to boost my profitably.

I personally wish to sincerely thank Jackie for her efforts in putting CFD together and being the go to person when it comes to RE. Knowing that there are real people that have truly put into practice everything CFD teaches confirms to me that CFD is a safe and trusted hub of information to gather the necessary things needed to be successful in real estate. Since my introduction to CFD, my life has changed for the better and I’ll be able to spend more time doing the things I want to do versus being a slave to Corporate America. CFD…Thank you once again for making a difference.

Arcinio Arauz
October 2012

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Jackie, where does Arcinio live? Where did he do his deal?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.