The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

No idea where to start?

Idea threads

PookDo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Feb 5, 2011
After posting the thread about making sacrifices for the fastlane I realized my biggest obstacles are that at 43 years of age I either feel like I am too old to even start my own business or two I have no idea where to begin or what to do first.

Any suggestions?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
More excuses. I didn't change my life and direction until I was 45. I chose, initially, to head into real estate. I have continued to learn and tried various other businesses. There is no guarantee. You have to choose a direction, educate yourself, and take the risks.

If you think the risks are high, think about the risks of not trying.

Good luck.

PS: Try reading the Legendary Threads for some inspiration/ideas.

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/legendary-threads/

Last edited by a moderator:

PookDo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Feb 5, 2011
Thanks for the advice. I am going to read the book again and read all of those threads

Ferrari Girl

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Apr 3, 2011
I am in the same boat, I just didn't ask. I don't feel like I am too old to begin, but I also had no idea where to begin. Thanks to Pookdo for asking and to Runum for pointing out a good place to begin. I had not found that section before but I am sure there is a lot here that I have yet to discover. I am reading all the "Legendary" posts, too.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

DeletedUser1

"PookDo" and "Ferrari Girl" the worst thing that you can do is let your age be an obstacles. Okay, so I'm new here on this forum but not new to letting people know that it's never too late to plant new seeds. Just make sure you turn the soil over before planting - so to speak. "PookDo" think of the leverage you have in regards to years of knowledge and lessons you've learned. Surely there was a time when you thought to yourself a 'dream' or an idea that you felt you would be great at. There's no such thing as "not having anything to do," because the Universe is filled with creation, which means, so are you. I for one don't believe in the "I don't know what to do," because we all come here with many gifts to give and share and can also prosper from. I'm picking up something very creative that you can focus you attention on first, before taking action. Once you've singled out a few things, let the confidence begin to feel your mind - then other ideas and inspirational thoughts will follow. I'm picking up something very creative that you've wanted to do, but was afraid of what others might say. Nevah to late to start, and the age you're at is the new 29:)

@Ferrari Girl, it starts with taking that first step down the yellow brick road. There' you'll come across all the archetypes that will get you to Emerald City where you will realize that 'you've always had the power." What I'm picking up from you is that there are a lot of inspiring thoughts that are running through your mind, but it can all be a little too overwhelming, and tends to get a little frazzled in regards to which one to pick from. Try one idea, see how it goes. I think the slightest thing can inspire you to start on your path to greatness. Trusting people are along your path to support you:)

Success always starts from a weird idea. And you can quote me on that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.