The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Newbie looking for advice and guidance

Karyn Mahoney

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
400%
Dec 3, 2017
Melbourne Australia
Hi My name is Karyn and I have just started my own cleaning business. I am very excited as in my 1st week of prospecting I have 4 new clients and 6 properties. 4 of which are Airbnb. I am looking for any advice and guidance on running my business successfully and growing as fast as I can. I don't want to be cleaning forever. I am located in Melbourne Australia on the Mornington Peninsula. I am a career for my disabled Aunty, I sell Tupperware and foster dogs among other things. I love to be busy.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

fvcorp

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
308%
Nov 28, 2017
Canada
Hi Karyn,

It sounds to me like you've already got a handle on starting the business and gaining customers. You're a go getter, that's great!!

So what's next?

1. Do an exceptional job for your early customers and go above and beyond.

You don't want to be in cleaning forever, but you need stable customers for now.

If you give your customers as much for their money as you can, they will find other work for you and you can use time on scaling rather than new customer acquisitions.

2. Be different because you're one of many.

There are probably dozens of companies nearby that do the same thing. What's different about your offering? This is something you will have to discover as you learn about customers and their needs.

3. Market online because its low hanging fruit.

One advantage in low barrier to entry businesses is that there is often low competition in online marketing. Therefore basic linkbacks and SEO can often get you some easy gains.

4. Build the business with the intention to hire cleaners to do the work for you.

Cleaning is one of those industries where it's easy to get stuck making a decent rate with no ability to scale or sell the business. It can become a job.

If you don't want to clean forever, build your processes and systems with you not having to do the cleaning. This is the hardest part, because you'll have to find the value add that will support you in a management position. This means you have to find ways to improve scale and/or magnitude of your product/services.

These are my first thoughts, but I'm sure more will come! Enjoy the forums!

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Read E-Myth Revisited if you haven't already. I think it's a great book for the business you've created (and for many others also). Beyond that, don't rush things. Definitely keep selling, and scaling, but let the business grows when it's ready to grow. Great work taking action and making this happen. Very excited for you! Welcome to the forum!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...