The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Newbie from the UK

Villain

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Jan 26, 2013
Glasgow, UK
Hi everyone, I've been lurking here for a while so thought it was about time I said hello. I'm a 23 year old guy living in Scotland. I have become extremely passionate about self-development over the past 2 years. Having achieved great things in other areas of my life I am now diverting my attention towards making money.

I am here because I am sick of being broke and not having control over my life. I want to be able to do what I want when I want and not have to worry about being able to pay for it. I'm not talking about a millionaire lifestyle per se. I just want a decent flat, car, enough money to have a social life and the ability to live with a degree of spontaneity.

I am due to start at university this year and I have good “slow lane†career prospects. I am not ready to plunge straight into business so I want to have a career to fall back on. However, I do know that I don’t want to have a boss all my life.

I feel that minimum wage part-time jobs are to be avoided if at all possible. If you can then you should work for yourself and learn something useful in the process. My goal is to earn part-time wages working from home while I study. Beyond that I would love to be financially independent but for now I will focus on the first steps of making a small side income and learning the ways of business.

Action I have taken so far:
- Deposited $100 into a poker account and have been studying the game.
- Bought £30 worth of second hand designer clothes to sell on ebay. First 10 items have been listed.
- I am about to sell my car as I can't afford the insurance. This will hopefully go for around £1000. I could use this capital to get into buying and selling or to start a business although I do not have any ideas as of yet.

I have just over 6 months to get as much done as possible before uni starts. How much of this is realistic or not I don’t know. But that’s why I’m here. :D

Thanks for reading.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

InMotion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Mar 18, 2011
Checkout username snowbank for poker advice.

Villain

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Jan 26, 2013
Glasgow, UK
Thanks dude. I think I've read some of his stuff since it was on this forum that I got the idea to do it.

InMotion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Mar 18, 2011
Out of curiosity, does the UK have restrictions on online poker like the states? Is poker a big market over there also? I have not been to Scotland. Its definitely on my list though.

Welcome to the forum.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Villain

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Jan 26, 2013
Glasgow, UK
No restrictions here. The government regulates online gambling so it's pretty legit, I even saw an ad on TV for PKR a few weeks ago. I think the market would be pretty large as you can play with people from Europe as well.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...