I'd love to hear some feedback about my idea for parents to use their iPhones to keep a journal/record of things their kids do.
Version 1:
A pretty simple app that allows a user to send status updates to FB and Twitter, and also stores and organizes those updates for the user. You can use Evernote to accomplish this, but my app makes it more efficient because you just open the app, type your message and press send. You can also share images from you library. In Evernote you have to find the notebook if you happen to have one just for your kids, type it, press the share button (Android), then press the Facebook icon. I want to give a person the ability to do something now that they will be glad about later on in life. Which is a step up from doing something....now.
I would offer this app for free or paid? Still not sure how decide on this, but I am getting the app built on Elance right now to hopefully fill up my tank :smxB:.
Extended Version:
The same app sends those files to my website (would need to be developed) where the user can access them and create keepsakes from them. This would be similar to photo albums on iPhoto or Shutterfly, but not the main location for a person's images and other files, and not intent on directly copying/competing with those companies. Most photo book companies print their books in house and I'm not trying to invest in printing and binding equipment.
Also because a member would have all of their status updates, they would be able to create much more detailed keepsakes. I anticipate that building a website with the capabilities of users creating photo books, and accessing/uploading content will be costly so I am still trying to figure out a way to provide a service like this for users of my app.
Other considerations:
I'm not sold on providing customers with the ability to purchase and create photo books - I've already spent so much time looking for solutions to this that don't involve some kind of partnership, or numbers upfront and my work has not been fruitful. As an alternative I thought I could offer a membership structure that granted access for premium customers to download and edit/print their own keepsakes. Free members would have limited access like a scrapbook page that can be shared on Facebook, but not downloaded.
Progress:
Purchased domain names. Started writing copy. Outsource of app on Elance. Awaiting results from Facebook ad and surveymonkey.
School me please Fastlaners! I will be standing by.
Version 1:
A pretty simple app that allows a user to send status updates to FB and Twitter, and also stores and organizes those updates for the user. You can use Evernote to accomplish this, but my app makes it more efficient because you just open the app, type your message and press send. You can also share images from you library. In Evernote you have to find the notebook if you happen to have one just for your kids, type it, press the share button (Android), then press the Facebook icon. I want to give a person the ability to do something now that they will be glad about later on in life. Which is a step up from doing something....now.
I would offer this app for free or paid? Still not sure how decide on this, but I am getting the app built on Elance right now to hopefully fill up my tank :smxB:.
Extended Version:
The same app sends those files to my website (would need to be developed) where the user can access them and create keepsakes from them. This would be similar to photo albums on iPhoto or Shutterfly, but not the main location for a person's images and other files, and not intent on directly copying/competing with those companies. Most photo book companies print their books in house and I'm not trying to invest in printing and binding equipment.
Also because a member would have all of their status updates, they would be able to create much more detailed keepsakes. I anticipate that building a website with the capabilities of users creating photo books, and accessing/uploading content will be costly so I am still trying to figure out a way to provide a service like this for users of my app.
Other considerations:
I'm not sold on providing customers with the ability to purchase and create photo books - I've already spent so much time looking for solutions to this that don't involve some kind of partnership, or numbers upfront and my work has not been fruitful. As an alternative I thought I could offer a membership structure that granted access for premium customers to download and edit/print their own keepsakes. Free members would have limited access like a scrapbook page that can be shared on Facebook, but not downloaded.
Progress:
Purchased domain names. Started writing copy. Outsource of app on Elance. Awaiting results from Facebook ad and surveymonkey.
School me please Fastlaners! I will be standing by.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
