The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

NEW video of our Game - Splinter Cell Blacklist

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
Press tours have recently just finished going through the studio. So there will be a lot about our title coming out within the next days.

Thought the community would like too see some new video footage from the press tours visit, this is IGN's post. (If anyone is curious, I created the Splinter Suits that Sam wears).

Hope you like.

Splinter Cell Blacklist Modernizes Chaos Theory - IGN

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
Wow, very cool. My 14 year old son is a huge Splinter Cell fan. It is probably the game franchise he has played the most out of all. :)

Very cool suit too btw. Did you get free reign in terms of design, or did they give you guidelines,.etc. to what you could and couldn't do?

Gold777

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Nov 3, 2011
Thought the community would like too see some new video footage from the press tours visit, this is IGN's post. (If anyone is curious, I created the Splinter Suits that Sam wears).

Wow, sick. Splinter Cell has always been one of my favorites and I can't wait to play this one.

Did you use Zbrush for the modeling?

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
Wow, very cool. My 14 year old son is a huge Splinter Cell fan. It is probably the game franchise he has played the most out of all. :)

Very cool suit too btw. Did you get free reign in terms of design, or did they give you guidelines,.etc. to what you could and couldn't do?

We get concept art from our concept artists to follow. There is slight room for creativity. Some elements are from my imagination.

Wow, sick. Splinter Cell has always been one of my favorites and I can't wait to play this one.

Did you use Zbrush for the modeling?

Ya, I use zBrush mainly, then Maya and 3ds Max for technical hard surface modeling, and Topogun for the Re-Topologized low polygon in-game model. I use Photoshop for texturing.

Gold777

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Nov 3, 2011
Ya, I use zBrush mainly, then Maya and 3ds Max for technical hard surface modeling, and Topogun for the Re-Topologized low polygon in-game model. I use Photoshop for texturing.

Ah, nice, have you made renders of them? I'm sure the Zbrush community would love to see a few if you have. People go over there all the time and post the models they've created for games, from Mass Effect to even the guy that modeled the Incredible Hulk, Gears of War, etc.

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
after the game is released ;)

PopEmersen

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
May 2, 2011
Atlanta, GA, US
WAIT, YOU'RE WORKING ON SPLINTER CELL??? Thats one of my fav game franchises, I've played and beat every single one. I was just reading the IGN article of Perfection Mode. Wow!

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
lol ya. it's my first title with Ubi.

DennisD

Mini Media Mogul
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 16, 2012
Bali, Indonesia
Great job.
I find 3d modeling frustrating. I've had some fun in zbrush and 3d max in the past, but nothing actually useable aside from some really basic stuff.

I usually just end up hiring somebody to do it for me. That or purchase a stock model off turbosquid, changing it and retexturing it.

lol ya. it's my first title with Ubi.
I actually dislike most ubisoft games, with the exception of Assassin's Creed. I just don't really 'get' the company. I don't know if you saw Aisha Tyler at 2012 E3 Ubisoft presentation.... but it was awkward a hell.

Gsuz

If you want the crown, you gotta take it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Jul 3, 2012
Wow, this is F*cking amazing, I love Splinter Cell, grew up with it, played every part, but finished none :( Will definitely get this, looks amazing.

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
I actually dislike most ubisoft games, with the exception of Assassin's Creed. I just don't really 'get' the company. I don't know if you saw Aisha Tyler at 2012 E3 Ubisoft presentation.... but it was awkward a hell.

To be honest. I don't really like Ubi games either. Far Cry 3 was pretty good though. Also..... I can't stand AC. I tried to play one, but got way too bored. I just like shooting shit and action. Dead Space is prolly one of my all time fav games. Or the Half Life series.

Wow, this is F*cking amazing, I love Splinter Cell, grew up with it, played every part, but finished none :( Will definitely get this, looks amazing.

Thanks buddy ;)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.