Hello my name is Josh, from Maryland. I'm 41 and I've been living the employee life all this time since I started delivering newspapers at 13. I currently have a decent paying job but I'm bored out of my mind and want freedom and also to create a business that will allow me to live out my dreams. I have been interested in business for almost two years now, read a lot of books, listen to podcasts etc but I have decided it's finally time to get off the pot and make something happen.
So far the only web/e-commerce type of experience I have was with a small eBay store I ran for a while but the fees there just drove me crazy and I got a little burnt out on it and the whole re-selling thing. So I'm pretty limited on business experience.
Anyway I'll be here lurking/reading/researching and thought I would introduce myself.
I'm not totally sure what direction I want to go, and I'm having a hard time coming up with ideas in general. What do you think has helped the most with just coming up with and brainstorming ideas? Or is it more of just an awareness thing you acquire with time as stated in the Fastlane?
Thanks for having me
So far the only web/e-commerce type of experience I have was with a small eBay store I ran for a while but the fees there just drove me crazy and I got a little burnt out on it and the whole re-selling thing. So I'm pretty limited on business experience.
Anyway I'll be here lurking/reading/researching and thought I would introduce myself.
I'm not totally sure what direction I want to go, and I'm having a hard time coming up with ideas in general. What do you think has helped the most with just coming up with and brainstorming ideas? Or is it more of just an awareness thing you acquire with time as stated in the Fastlane?
Thanks for having me
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

