The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

New to the Forum, and new to the Fastlane mindset

Jaco

Prioritize and execute
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Feb 20, 2020
Hong Kong
I just finished The Millionaire Fastlane and about to re-read it. It blew my mind.

I’m a successful slowlaner, making well over a half-mill per year, but indeed I am not free. I do a 60-hour workweek as a finance executive, but struggle to save money. I’m already quite late in my career, but am desperate to build passive income, and working on just that.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
I just finished The Millionaire Fastlane and about to re-read it. It blew my mind.

I’m a successful slowlaner, making well over a half-mill per year, but indeed I am not free. I do a 60-hour workweek as a finance executive, but struggle to save money. I’m already quite late in my career, but am desperate to build passive income, and working on just that.
Well half a million a year is more than what most successful small companies I know of with 10–20 employees, can make.

I would be interested to know your expenditure patterns if you are willing to share.

SEBASTlAN

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Dec 22, 2014
Los Angeles
I’m a successful slowlaner, making well over a half-mill per year, but indeed I am not free. I do a 60-hour workweek as a finance executive, but struggle to save money
That's hard for me to grasp. Where does the 500K+ go? Have you broken it down into a monthly expenditure sheet?

ShepardHumphries

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Feb 5, 2020

Welcome! If you have not yet read Unscripted , I highly recommend it. Having said that, way to go being a large annual earner!

eliasxr

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Feb 1, 2020
Innsbruck, Austria

Welcome to the Forum! :)

Jaco

Prioritize and execute
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Feb 20, 2020
Hong Kong
Welcome! If you have not yet read Unscripted , I highly recommend it. Having said that, way to go being a large annual earner!
Thank you. I have Unscripted in-hand. I was considering re-reading TMF first though, as it was just so dense. Would you recommend that, or moving straight on, and then coming back?

Thanks for any tips.

Jaco

Prioritize and execute
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Feb 20, 2020
Hong Kong
That's hard for me to grasp. Where does the 500K+ go? Have you broken it down into a monthly expenditure sheet?
Thanks for asking. I have, but only last year. Prior to that was flying blind (wife managed finances) and racking up debt. I live in the most expensive city in the world, for one. We travel to the most exotic places in the world, a few times a year. Kids are in the best private school. I could go on but you get it. The debt has been the worst of it. Now have a plan in place to solve that.

ShepardHumphries

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Feb 5, 2020
Thank you. I have Unscripted in-hand. I was considering re-reading TMF first though, as it was just so dense. Would you recommend that, or moving straight on, and then coming back?

Thanks for any tips.
I have not read Fastlane, so I speak from ignorance. I won't let that stop me though! lol I suggest reading Unscripted next, I think it also goes over some of the "best of" of Fastlane? :)

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Hey Russ and welcome to the forum!

Thanks for asking. I have, but only last year. Prior to that was flying blind (wife managed finances) and racking up debt. I live in the most expensive city in the world, for one. We travel to the most exotic places in the world, a few times a year. Kids are in the best private school. I could go on but you get it. The debt has been the worst of it. Now have a plan in place to solve that.

Dam, thats crazy.... How old are your kids now? Or in other words, how much longer until they wont need as much financial support?

Im much younger and less experienced, so I doubt any advice would be useful to you. All I can say is that you will probably need a good plan and the best case scenario, you need your wife to be on board. If you dont know about the book "Crucial Conversations" I suggest perhaps checking that out and after preparing accordingly, starting to mention the topic about "saving money" or "Cutting Expenses" with your wife.

Jaco

Prioritize and execute
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Feb 20, 2020
Hong Kong
Hey Russ and welcome to the forum!

Dam, thats crazy.... How old are your kids now? Or in other words, how much longer until they wont need as much financial support?

Im much younger and less experienced, so I doubt any advice would be useful to you. All I can say is that you will probably need a good plan and the best case scenario, you need your wife to be on board. If you dont know about the book "Crucial Conversations" I suggest perhaps checking that out and after preparing accordingly, starting to mention the topic about "saving money" or "Cutting Expenses" with your wife.
Hey appreciate the thoughts. Another 8 years or so before I’m an empty-nestor. To answer your other question, I’m extremely fortunate in that my wife is indeed on-board and has already been running her own small business for a few years. It’s this business that I’m digging into to try and scale with her, as she’s already laid the groundwork. A book that helped me open my eyes to my foolishness was ‘I will teach you to be rich’, which did help me prepare a plan, as you suggested.

I feel that I’m finally in the right path, but am indeed unwinding years of folly.

what’s your story?

Jaco

Prioritize and execute
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Feb 20, 2020
Hong Kong
I have not read Fastlane, so I speak from ignorance. I won't let that stop me though! lol I suggest reading Unscripted next, I think it also goes over some of the "best of" of Fastlane? :)
Thanks for the input. I’ve decided to scribble notes out of Fastlane and read unscripted simultaneously!

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Hey appreciate the thoughts. Another 8 years or so before I’m an empty-nestor. To answer your other question, I’m extremely fortunate in that my wife is indeed on-board and has already been running her own small business for a few years. It’s this business that I’m digging into to try and scale with her, as she’s already laid the groundwork. A book that helped me open my eyes to my foolishness was ‘I will teach you to be rich’, which did help me prepare a plan, as you suggested.

I feel that I’m finally in the right path, but am indeed unwinding years of folly.

what’s your story?

Hey Russ,

good to hear that, it sounds like you guys are on a good path!

Im 26, just started working a year ago.

Currently Earning an average salary (55k per year), however, the job is home office which gives me a lot of perks and free time to work on my online business venture (e-commerce).

Patiently hustling away until I get my business to take off, cant wait until it does :D

Best Regards

Jaco

Prioritize and execute
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Feb 20, 2020
Hong Kong
Hey Russ,

good to hear that, it sounds like you guys are on a good path!

Im 26, just started working a year ago.

Currently Earning an average salary (55k per year), however, the job is home office which gives me a lot of perks and free time to work on my online business venture (e-commerce).

Patiently hustling away until I get my business to take off, cant wait until it does :D

Best Regards
That sounds great. Are you looking at Amazon FBA or something similar?

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
I can’t believe, that one can’t make a living from that and invest enough to retire in 10 years.
Seriously?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...