The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

New to the Board.

PC60756

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Feb 10, 2009
Midland, NC
Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I'm 24 years old and live in Charlotte, North Carolina. After graduating college I moved back in with my parents (ugh!) to help them run a landscape supply company they started a few years ago. By the way, if anybody has any ideas on how to apply Fastlane principles to a landscape supply company I'm all ears!
I found this forum while cruising around one day and was surprised to find so many like-minded people. My goal here is to get as much information, advice, and mentoring as possible from experienced people who have worked their way into the Fastlane. Ideally, I'd like to start my own Fastlane-type business. I have a few ideas already and would eventually like to get some feedback from other members. Props to MJ for starting this forum. Lots of creative and inspiring people here!

Regards,
PC in NC

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LaughedAt

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Sep 20, 2007
Israel
Hello and welcome to TheFastLane, congrats on (successfully) graduating college, I can't wait for my graduation, as for fastlane ideas for your family business, you'll get many by just hanging around here and listening to people who already made it and aspire to greatness by sharing their knowledge, you can start off by viewing the Legendary Threads toolbar that appears on the left of the screen at the Home page!
Enjoy your stay!

Luke12321

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Hi PC, I am a bit northwest of you but still in NC. As far as how to take the business to another level, I would encourage the parents if possible to join the boards as well.

I think your time spent here in the fastlane will do either one of two things for you.

1. Decide the business isn't the right vehicle to merge into the fastlane lifestyle.

2. Come up with a way to scale your business into a fastlane business.

Again, welcome and enjoy your stay!

PC60756

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Feb 10, 2009
Midland, NC
Thanks for the post Luke. I probably didn't make this clear in my original post, but basically I'm only working for my parents now because of two reasons: 1) I tried and failed and honestly didn't want to find a real, 9-5 job after I graduated and 2) I wanted to help my parents succeed in their new business and learn some of the in's and out's of entrepreneurship in the process.
My goal in working here is to have a stable paycheck, save some money, and have the time to start and develop my own Fastlane business. Trust me, although I don't find it necessarily humiliating to live at home and work for my parents, it is not my end goal and I am using this opportunity as a stepping stone to learn more about running a business more than anything else.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Hi PC and welcome to the fastlane. I would recommend that you read EMyth. Knowing those principals will help you turn the biz into fastlane. Good luck.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome PC to the Fastlane, hope we can help you steer in the right direction.

Redshft

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Nov 5, 2007
Greenville, NC
Welcom to the site.

I'm also from NC and used to live in Concord until I started back school at ECU. I visit that area often and hope to settle down with a house on Lake Norman.

P.S. I've been noticing a lot of peeps from the tarheel state lately!

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
Welcome, PC! Sorry to inform you of this, but I'm now a Mac user. :)

Seriously, though, glad to have another young guy here. Hope we can be of service.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...