The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

New projects + I'll help you take action

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Donovon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Apr 8, 2015
Sunnyvale, California
Hey folks, it's been quite a while since I posted a progress thread. I quit my job recently to go all in. I have a runway of several years from squirreling away every dime I made from my job plus the handful of dollars from side projects. Now it's time to buckle down and get things figured out.

I don't post often but when I do, I try to provide value to the community (with only the slightest of ulterior motives). So, before diving into what I'm working on, I'd like to give out a few offers.

First - I'm working on a coaching service around helping people structure and finish their goals. I've yet to run the 1:1 part of the program through anyone other than family and friends, so I'd like to expand that offer to the fine folk here. I won't charge you. Only trying to learn the best and fastest ways to provide value. If you're having a hard time making progress or even getting started on your goals, get in touch. I want to help you!

If you want a little more information about the program I'm working on, you can find it here: 4 Week Goal Challenge - How To Happy

Don't sign up for coaching on the site, it will charge you - just message me and we can work out times.

Second - I've written a book about providing good customer service and losing the shitty attitude. It won't fit many of the folk here as it's directed at customer service agents, but it may be something useful for your CS employees.
You can find a link here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06X181GJ9/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20.
Or, there's a udemy course version here: Surviving Customer Service - Udemy

DONT BUY THEM - Message me if you want a copy of the book and the course coupon should work to make it free.

Finally, this is the site I've been working on: How To Happy

I'm sure it's nowhere near optimal, so feel free to rip it apart (or any of these projects, really). I encourage the feedback, even if it's negative. One ask, please try to make feedback as specific and actionable as possible. If you just write 'it's garbage' I probably won't respond - I have no idea what that means nor how to fix it. Alternatives or tools I can use would also be helpful, I've been slogging through building a site learning as I go - so I'm sure I'm missing all kinds of important details.

Also, I know a decent amount about Youtube SEO from one of my other projects. If you have any questions feel free to ask and I'll do my best to answer you. Or really, if you think I can help answer any questions of yours let me know.

Next steps for me this month:
  • Continue getting reviews/buying ads for my book
  • Create an audiobook version of my book
  • Establish a regular coaching clientele, and gain testimonials (For extra $$ and to test my ideas while I create more automatic ventures)
  • First draft of a new book I've been working on in the same niche
  • Work up another 5 weeks of blog content (I do +1 week per month so I keep getting further ahead)
  • Get more integrated into this community, as well as local entrepreneurship groups - my old connections aren't cutting it now that I'm serious about this stuff.
Let me know if I can do anything for y'all. Cheers!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Andrew Smith

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Mar 17, 2015
South Texas
So the four week challenge program is for one project and we would meet once a week for 30 mins?

I checked our your site on mobile and can give more details from my regular computer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Donovon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Apr 8, 2015
Sunnyvale, California
So the four week challenge program is for one project and we would meet once a week for 30 mins?

I checked our your site on mobile and can give more details from my regular computer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the gist of it. The program is for one goal since you're less likely to get shiny object syndrome that way. I don't recommend people tackle multiple projects unless they're already executing one really well.

And yeah, I found that 30 minutes was about right for most of the people I tested it with (if they actually watched the accompanying course and filled out the worksheet) but I don't have a problem with longer meetings if that's what's needed as I pilot this out. A few people did fine with bi-weekly meetings instead of weekly ones and just sent a short summary of what they had accomplished on the 'off' weeks. Depends on how the individual is feeling after the first week/meeting.

Andrew Smith

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Mar 17, 2015
South Texas
That's the gist of it. The program is for one goal since you're less likely to get shiny object syndrome that way. I don't recommend people tackle multiple projects unless they're already executing one really well.

And yeah, I found that 30 minutes was about right for most of the people I tested it with (if they actually watched the accompanying course and filled out the worksheet) but I don't have a problem with longer meetings if that's what's needed as I pilot this out. A few people did fine with bi-weekly meetings instead of weekly ones and just sent a short summary of what they had accomplished on the 'off' weeks. Depends on how the individual is feeling after the first week/meeting.

Cool man I can help give you feedback, insight, and in exchange we connect and go over my project actions. I guess just DM me and I will get started on the course or your materials? Sounds cool.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Donovon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Apr 8, 2015
Sunnyvale, California
Cool man I can help give you feedback, insight, and in exchange we connect and go over my project actions. I guess just DM me and I will get started on the course or your materials? Sounds cool.

Works for me. I'll shoot you a message.

I left this thread once and came back with feedback. Why?
Because well okay, another 24 y/o coach. Really? Does the world need another 24 o/y coach?
I wonder how many others did the same?

I understand where you're coming from. A coach like me is probably about the same need level as another personal trainer. There are lots of them. There are also lots of people who need help. Very competitive. I need to start by making sure I can get results out of the general public, that's why I'm here. I see so many threads about people not taking action and thought I might be able to help a few. Accountability can get a lot of people started.

Individual goal coaching is not my long term fastlane goal, however, I do have some experience in the field (wrote a book on habit change, have a degree, did goal coaching a lot in my last job). I think spending several hours a week working with people will create valuable connections, keep me tuned into the audience I'd like to reach, give me real interactions where I can feel the impact and let me test/refine materials. Just as we on the forum would applaud freelancers in graphic design, I see this as an intermediary, learning phase for bigger and better things. (I could be wrong, I don't mind additional feedback in the least. Crush my soul.)

Appreciate the comment Jon, always good to see you around.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.