The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

New product invention, need some direction

bmanice

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 30, 2009
Okay so i think i have a good idea for a new product, As Seen on TV type of thing.

My question is, what would one need to do in order to sell this product?

Can someone please list the steps? I've been stuck...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

rocksolid

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Nov 17, 2008
New York
Research the internet and make sure it is not already out there. If it is and you want to continue then find a way to make it better then what is already out there. You may also want to look into a patent and making a proto type. Telebrands is a very big " as seen on TV " company and they are always looking for new ideas, Just make sure you do your do diligence and that you are protected in some way before submitting your ideas. Here is the link and good luck.

Telebrands :: A Leading Consumer Products Company Specializing in Direct Response Television Marketing

EastWind

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 31, 2009
USA
forget all that patent idea, make sure no one is doing it. don't fall in love with the idea. develop/prototype it FIRST and really figure out how much value it will add to the world, file for patent then sell. an idea means nothing! patent costs money, and people throw it around loosely as if it costs $100. It costs tens of thousands. It's the wrong idea for a fresh idea. DEVELOPMENT/PROTOTYPE counts more than anything.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

PaulRobert

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 15, 2009
New Jersey
Okay so i think i have a good idea for a new product, As Seen on TV type of thing.

My question is, what would one need to do in order to sell this product?

Can someone please list the steps? I've been stuck...

Go Here-

http://www.thefastlanetomillions.com/general-business-discussion/24110-product-development.html

Here-
http://www.thefastlanetomillions.co...8928-compilation-peter2-advice-must-read.html

And Here-

http://www.thefastlanetomillions.co...-stories/17134-success-story-wayne-perry.html

There is numerous information about this on this forum and the internet. Even entrepreneur.com has a section for this.

I met Mr. Khubani a year ago and only exchanged a few words with him. I had no idea who he was at the time and when I did I saw him on Pitchmen. :smx4:

forget all that patent idea, make sure no one is doing it. don't fall in love with the idea. develop/prototype it FIRST and really figure out how much value it will add to the world, file for patent then sell. an idea means nothing! patent costs money, and people throw it around loosely as if it costs $100. It costs tens of thousands. It's the wrong idea for a fresh idea. DEVELOPMENT/PROTOTYPE counts more than anything.

Not true.

Patents do not cost tens of thousands of dollars. It all depends on the complexity of your product. The more complex, the more drawings, the more claims, the higher the price. Some patents can cost only $8,000 and protect you well within the US.

bmanice

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 30, 2009
you guys are incredibly helpful! thanks so much... i will update with any progress i make!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.