The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

New private jet company set to take off!!!

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs
Tanning. I used to own a salon. It's all about breakage. Get as many EFT contracts as you can get and then pray for foul wealther and personal bad luck and bad memory for the customers so they don't come tan or get reminded when they see their CC got charged again even though they have not been in months.

Mail order catalog companies that sell crap odds & ends, gadgets, etc... (Harriet Carter, Walter Drake, etc)

99% of the stuff they sell is absolute crap, but the customers don't want to pay shipping to return it, so they just keep it. The stuff they do get returned they promptly donate to charity for a tax-write-off of full retail price, so they end up making money on even those items.

- Hakrjak

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs
Cheap, discount private aviation scares me.

Any discount aviation scares me. Last time I flew Southwest (I'm normally a Frontier Airliens guy) the jet was practically falling apart while we were in the air, and the seats and tray tables had about 50 years of wear and tear on them -- haha... Atleast with Frontier they are cheap, but they have newer equipment. *phew*

- Hakrjak

fanocks2003

Banned
Mar 31, 2008
Sweden
I think their biz model is based on "breakage." That's the biz term and has nothing to do with the safety of the aircraft, so you can start breathing again.

Basically the idea is to lock people into a monthly fee and make profit when they don't use the service.

There was something really similar to that for IRS representation that a guy was doing before the IRS went after him (for something unrelated). He sold AMEX on the idea of providing guaranteed IRS rep for a ridiculously low amount - like less than $20 per month.

It was bundled with other AMEX services that a lot of people signed up for...so he received a lot of income, but rarely had to fulfill because really and honestly there are few audits done, looking at it statistically. The term for that is "breakage." He sold a service with high breakage.

I'm guessing that is the model for these guys too - although the fact that you couldn't get a flight when you wanted one is disturbing. If they are able to keep putting you off, you might never get your flight at a decent time.

When I first saw your post I was very excited, though. I'd go for something like this in a heartbeat. We keep looking at the feasibility of sharing a plane. The waits in airports are ridiculous and cost me real income.

Biz lesson here: What guaranteed service could you develop & sell that had a high breakage?

What this biz model shows is that being flexible in business is a harsh assignment. I would rather stick with Henry Ford's model as much as I can: "You can have any color you want as long as it's black":).

I like the flexible idea, but it is hard to implement. But maybe these guys will make it, maybe not. With the right team and the right kind of slimmed operations it may well happen. But I would consider what Peter2 wrote about cost of operation and how much they need to pull in (revenue) to break even etc. It is crucial.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I doubt this company even took off due to the economy ... I went to the website and it says it's undergoing a complete overhaul. (Appears past the Flash intro.)

Oct 22, 2008
Well,If you are looking for the company which can rent you the private jet on hour basis and can give you much facilities you want then try private jet rental firm...I found it more comfortable for business and travel trip.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Well,If you are looking for the company which can rent you the private jet on hour basis and can give you much facilities you want then try private jet rental firm...I found it more comfortable for business and travel trip.

-----------
[link deleted]

Guess some people don't learn. Goodbye, for the 2nd time. And it will be the last.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.