Oscar Toro
New Contributor
- Joined
- May 27, 2015
- Messages
- 34
Rep Bank
$255
$255
User Power: 74%
Hello everybody,
My name is Oscar, and I wish to start my journey and share it with you, but first, some information about myself:
I have 24 years, finished the career of Industrial Engineering ay my local university.
My first job was at finance, developping and managing innovative financial products. I worked here and got amused of the slowlane. I did my job really fast, got great results, really good feedback and, well, I liked it. I worked here while I was still studying.
Afterwards, I finished studying, and got stuck doing nothing for a while, I quit my job as the same time I finished school.
While I was there, doing nothing with my life, applying to jobs, I got sick. I believe this was the worst time on my life. I consider myself a really inteligent person, but, on that period of time, I though I was the most stupid because I couldn't find a job, my friends left me (It´s true that everybody wants to be with you when you are in a good position, but when something happens, all your friends disappear).
I got really depressed. I called my friends but none of them wanted to hang out with me. This oppened my eyes.
In this time, some good things happened, but with my mood, I saw everything as bad. I got first on a list, to work on a state agency. But they never called me (They eventually did).
I remember getting out of the interview really excited because I did well, and even got happier when I saw my name as candidate #1 for the job.
Well, I told myself, there´s got to be something to do. I started studying to get some networking, but I was really young and nobody took me seriusly on the courses I took. Afterwards I decided to apply to state-related programs that only relied on my skill.
Once I got on foot, when I change my mind to go get it (Even though I saw my classmates, who weren´t the best in classes, getting really good jobs, well in that time that bothered me, I had a really bad mentality=.
And finally I got a job interview, where I did really well; but guess what, I was competing against the son of a directory member in the organization, so... you know how this ends.
In that time, even though I started going to courses and educating myself, I also was gaming. I played League of Legends (For those who know, I reached Diamond 4 which was cool for me).
Gaming took most of my time so, pretty much, I was wasting it. I was waiting for the big chance, but wasting my time doing something that wouldn´t pay out.
Finally, I got another job interview, which I totally nailed. I got into a nice job, which I'm staying for one more month, I've allready quit.
I got up again, got a nice salary (in Peru, which internationally won´t be good), and did really good.
The first 6~7 months, I just went partying with my salary. I got back my friends (which wasn´t a good choice), and blew my money on alcohol.
Finally I decided I had to do something with my life, maybe last year, so I started studying Business Administration on a really expensive program (Again, expensive on my country reality).
I felt I got railed, but I didn´t.
All I did was go to classes, read from time to time, get good grades, mostly because the program wasnt as hard as I thoughy. But finally, last year I decided my life HAD to go somewhere and the time to get into the right path was TODAY. (Well today somewhere on november last year).
I ditched all my bad friends, well, I just stopped going out that much and stopped drinking, so they naturally disappeared, and allied with my sister to get a business.
We sold jewerlly, she earned a lot of money, from her work, and the business. Right now she is travelling around the world, with the money she saved, and waiting to go study abroad with a scholarship she won.
And me, I started reading a lot. A LOT. Starting looking for ways to get money, get better at work, get a better job, get a better learning.
I was there until I found the Millionaire-Fastlane book, maybe 1 week ago. I read it and changed the way I saw things (I read some other GURUS, and when I found this book I was reading about the stock market, actually I won 20% of my investment buying OIL ETF's, but I´m not going back there).
Now I´ve got my vision clear.
I´m going through the fastlane, and I´ll share my experience with you guys.
What I´m doing now:
-I quit my job about 2 months ago, but I´ll stay one more month. They asked me too.
-I want to focus into: Creating a sales network in my town. This is the most important thing for me. I got some ideas so I can sell without incurring into big fixed costs.
-I´ll continue selling jewerlly (BTW Peruvian silver and gold are really good), mostly with the network I´m aiming to create.
-Find out about more businesses, get involved in everything I can (But also, doing it RIGHT).
I'm using the book teachings to guide my journey, and reading more books to get more and more knowledge about business.
Finally, english isn´t my first language so, If I made any mistake, please correct me so I can improve.
Have a good night everyone.
My name is Oscar, and I wish to start my journey and share it with you, but first, some information about myself:
I have 24 years, finished the career of Industrial Engineering ay my local university.
My first job was at finance, developping and managing innovative financial products. I worked here and got amused of the slowlane. I did my job really fast, got great results, really good feedback and, well, I liked it. I worked here while I was still studying.
Afterwards, I finished studying, and got stuck doing nothing for a while, I quit my job as the same time I finished school.
While I was there, doing nothing with my life, applying to jobs, I got sick. I believe this was the worst time on my life. I consider myself a really inteligent person, but, on that period of time, I though I was the most stupid because I couldn't find a job, my friends left me (It´s true that everybody wants to be with you when you are in a good position, but when something happens, all your friends disappear).
I got really depressed. I called my friends but none of them wanted to hang out with me. This oppened my eyes.
In this time, some good things happened, but with my mood, I saw everything as bad. I got first on a list, to work on a state agency. But they never called me (They eventually did).
I remember getting out of the interview really excited because I did well, and even got happier when I saw my name as candidate #1 for the job.
Well, I told myself, there´s got to be something to do. I started studying to get some networking, but I was really young and nobody took me seriusly on the courses I took. Afterwards I decided to apply to state-related programs that only relied on my skill.
Once I got on foot, when I change my mind to go get it (Even though I saw my classmates, who weren´t the best in classes, getting really good jobs, well in that time that bothered me, I had a really bad mentality=.
And finally I got a job interview, where I did really well; but guess what, I was competing against the son of a directory member in the organization, so... you know how this ends.
In that time, even though I started going to courses and educating myself, I also was gaming. I played League of Legends (For those who know, I reached Diamond 4 which was cool for me).
Gaming took most of my time so, pretty much, I was wasting it. I was waiting for the big chance, but wasting my time doing something that wouldn´t pay out.
Finally, I got another job interview, which I totally nailed. I got into a nice job, which I'm staying for one more month, I've allready quit.
I got up again, got a nice salary (in Peru, which internationally won´t be good), and did really good.
The first 6~7 months, I just went partying with my salary. I got back my friends (which wasn´t a good choice), and blew my money on alcohol.
Finally I decided I had to do something with my life, maybe last year, so I started studying Business Administration on a really expensive program (Again, expensive on my country reality).
I felt I got railed, but I didn´t.
All I did was go to classes, read from time to time, get good grades, mostly because the program wasnt as hard as I thoughy. But finally, last year I decided my life HAD to go somewhere and the time to get into the right path was TODAY. (Well today somewhere on november last year).
I ditched all my bad friends, well, I just stopped going out that much and stopped drinking, so they naturally disappeared, and allied with my sister to get a business.
We sold jewerlly, she earned a lot of money, from her work, and the business. Right now she is travelling around the world, with the money she saved, and waiting to go study abroad with a scholarship she won.
And me, I started reading a lot. A LOT. Starting looking for ways to get money, get better at work, get a better job, get a better learning.
I was there until I found the Millionaire-Fastlane book, maybe 1 week ago. I read it and changed the way I saw things (I read some other GURUS, and when I found this book I was reading about the stock market, actually I won 20% of my investment buying OIL ETF's, but I´m not going back there).
Now I´ve got my vision clear.
I´m going through the fastlane, and I´ll share my experience with you guys.
What I´m doing now:
-I quit my job about 2 months ago, but I´ll stay one more month. They asked me too.
-I want to focus into: Creating a sales network in my town. This is the most important thing for me. I got some ideas so I can sell without incurring into big fixed costs.
-I´ll continue selling jewerlly (BTW Peruvian silver and gold are really good), mostly with the network I´m aiming to create.
-Find out about more businesses, get involved in everything I can (But also, doing it RIGHT).
I'm using the book teachings to guide my journey, and reading more books to get more and more knowledge about business.
Finally, english isn´t my first language so, If I made any mistake, please correct me so I can improve.
Have a good night everyone.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
