The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

New mobile App location based service - Need Feedback

A topic related to SAAS or APPs

GO FreeMan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 3, 2019
Haifa, Israel
Hi fastlaners,

I have an idea for a service based on a mobile app. The idea is to allow people to contact each other based on their real-time location. The use cases can vary, but the idea is that you can reach out to people that reside in a specific location and either call them or chat with them.

For example, let’s say your significant other or a family member is not returning a call or text and you become worried about their well being. Let’s say they are at a known location (or their location info is shared) and you could contact people around them and ask them to assist you.

Assuming this service represents a massive market need, the main obstacle I find is that for such a service to work it needs a very fast distribution network for the app in order to function since the large distribution of users is the bases of the service.

Another option I had in mind is using an existing very popular mobile app as a vehicle for the service, but with this option in mind the service creator looses it’s Control C-entes.

What do you think?
Appreciate your help

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

elina_nazarova

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Dec 23, 2019
Ukraine
Hi fastlaners,

I have an idea for a service based on a mobile app. The idea is to allow people to contact each other based on their real-time location. The use cases can vary, but the idea is that you can reach out to people that reside in a specific location and either call them or chat with them.

For example, let’s say your significant other or a family member is not returning a call or text and you become worried about their well being. Let’s say they are at a known location (or their location info is shared) and you could contact people around them and ask them to assist you.

Assuming this service represents a massive market need, the main obstacle I find is that for such a service to work it needs a very fast distribution network for the app in order to function since the large distribution of users is the bases of the service.

Another option I had in mind is using an existing very popular mobile app as a vehicle for the service, but with this option in mind the service creator looses it’s Control C-entes.

What do you think?
Appreciate your help

Nice idea!
I wish you good luck with it and recommend you to find a good development company to lead it from idea to a successful product.

S.Y.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 4, 2017
Canada
Very good idea. With all those mass shootings and attacks, it can be very useful.

Privacy wise, how will that work?

And how does it compare to apps like Life360?

GO FreeMan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 3, 2019
Haifa, Israel
Very good idea. With all those mass shootings and attacks, it can be very useful.

Privacy wise, how will that work?

And how does it compare to apps like Life360?

Thanks!
This is the first time I hear about Life360 and from what I just saw it is not solving the problem
of communication based location.

Privacy is definitely an issue here, but I thought that each user could choose the level of privacy he desires, in terms of location sharing, being approached by calls, chat, etc'.

As previously said, the biggest challenge I see is how to spread the service "over night"

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.