What's new

New Member... Hello everyone.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Chess=Life

New Contributor
Joined
Jun 7, 2010
Messages
2
Location
Morris, MN
Rep Bank
$100
User Power: 50%
Hello everyone!
I am a 23 year old Math/Physics undergraduate college student at University of Minnesota Morris. I don’t have a business background and I have never been particularly good with money. (I guess I am good at spending it?) Let me start by telling you a little about myself. I have an addictive personality. If I find something that interests me I will spend sometimes an unhealthy amount of time working at it. This trait can be a blessing or a curse, it depends on the interest. My hobbies include: Chess, Wakeboarding, Magic: the Gathering, Rugby, Computers (games/programming), exercising, and my dog (see avatar). I grew up the oldest of three kids in an upper middleclass family in Hudson Wisconsin. I had a rough time in high school (Chess Club President) but I graduated and got into college at UW Stout. College was a bit of a shock and I floundered around for 2 years and settled into a math/computer science major. I aspire to go to graduate school and transferred to Morris where again I floundered around, until I decided I liked the application physics provided for all of the fancy math I was learning. My GPA was severely damaged while I was figuring my life out and I have been working hard to bring it up so that I can make it into graduate school. I have really turned things around making the dean’s list the last two semesters. I need one more year of school to graduate with my math and physics Bachelor’s degrees. I am lucky enough to have scored a fulltime atomic physics research job at the university.

Up until this point my parents have financially supported me through college. I have been so lucky for this. After 5 years they are cutting me of (I am very grateful and I don’t blame them). A sense of financial responsibility is beginning to kick in and I have become more interested in saving money and acquiring wealth.

I came across this website when I was stumbling (stumbleupon.com) and found a site with 20 websites that can change your life—this was one of them. I am here to be a sponge and soak up all of the useful information I can. I have enjoyed reading many of the success stories on this site. They are extremely motivating. I don’t aspire to have a fancy car or a huge house, but I love traveling and I would love to have my own business or invent a product. I am interested in learning about the stock market, real-estate, E-businesses, and other ways you have succeeded in acquiring wealth. Are there any good introductory books people suggest reading that I could pick up at our university library.

Some ideas I have had:

I recently had an idea for an application of the atomic physics research I am currently doing. My professor thought it may be worth patenting, though he wasn’t sure there was much demand for the high-tech product and I have learned that patents are expensive. There may be a way I can get the patent paid for by the university, though I am not sure this is worth my time. I would like to give you more details about the product though I don’t want to compromise its security ;)… If you are interested PM me and you may be able to pry a little general information about it out of me.

I have about 5000$ worth of Magic: the Gathering collectible cards and I am interested in starting an eBay business to sell them. I have been buying up collections on eBay and locally on Craig’s List and I am very knowledgeable of the game. Does anyone have advice on what kind of a PayPal account I should have and how to avoid eBay fee’s as much as possible?

I had a wacky idea a couple years ago making money off of junk mail. What if you were to go onto google and subscribe yourself to as many free catalogs/magazines/papers as possible and you happened to live near a paper recycling facility. If you could mass up enough paper and the transportation costs/storage cost were low enough it could be profitable to store up junk mail and recycle it. I am not sure the idea is viable, the usps probably has a cap on how much mail one address can receive. I need to do more research…
I look forward to your advice and I hope to one day be as successful as some of you have become.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

:Ximduni:

Nz efwodi ot vu miwisehi xjev zua lpux. Ov xomm ci zuas dunqivovowi efwepvehi. Gus iyenqmi, zua nez djuuti e qmep tonomes vu vjot:

1) Tvesv timmoph zuas Nehod: Vji Hevjisoph desft up icez.
2) Ev vji teni voni, dsievi e xictovi epf avomobi zuas lpuxmifhi ug vji heni vu xsovi esvodmit, tvsevihz voqt ivd. Xjip zua neli icez temit, qumovimz sigis vu zuas xictovi. Og vjiz esi opvisitvif op qasdjetoph nusi desft op vji gavasi us jewi gsoipft opvisitvif op qasdjetoph vjin, qisjeqt dsievi e tidvoup up vji xictovi fifodevif vu timmoph zuas desft (vu tewi up icez giit).
3) Opwitvohevi xjivjis zua dep caz epf timm Nehod: Vji Hevjisoph desft gus qsugov (ih caz desft upmopi epf vjip timm vjin ev gmie neslivt ivd). Emtu, devemuh zuas iyqisoipdit epf xsovi e gix voqt up vji tackidv. Miwisehi zuas simevouptjoq xovj vji atist, fiwimuqif vjsuahj vji dupvipv up vji xictovi, vu timm desft vu atist.
4) Updi zuas vseggod tvesvt qodloph aq, dsievi e dunnapovz gusan. Ataemmz, podji gusant esi goisdimz muzem epf og zua dep fiwimuq upi, ov xomm ci e hsiev efwepvehi vu zua.
5) Og 3) ot taddittgam epf zua esi fiwimuqoph vseggod, tmuxmz opvsufadi e tidvoup xjisi nincist ug vji gusan/xictovi atist dep timm vjios desft (djeshi e tnemm gii). Vu neli vjot quttocmi, avomobi VsatvXju us tuni uvjis tidasovz nietasi.

Vji ecuwi nohjv puv ci getvmepi, cav og nepehif qsuqismz, ov duamf ciduni e podi qettowi opduni tuasdi. Ov xuamf emtu jimq zua miesp xic fitohp, i-dunnisdi epf neslivoph.

Juqi vjot jimqt.

Citv ug madl :tnyC:
 
Vjeplt gus vji hsiev opvsu epf ximduni! Zua lpux ev gostv hmepdi, zuas eweves muult moli e nupliz qmezoph xovj zuas jief ... O jef vu veli e fuacmi veli vu gohasi uav ov xet e fuh!
 
Ximduni,
Muult moli zua jewi qmipvz ug ofiet gmuxoph vjsuahj zuas jief. Vji nutv onqusvepv ot "siemoboph zua piif vu fu tunivjoph". Zua'mm iwipvaemmz duni edsutt e huuf ofie zua xomm xepv vu qastai. Neli tasi zua vitv, vitv, vitv, etl esuapf, etl, epf vitv vu neli tasi qiuqmi xomm caz us ati xjev zua nohjv iwipvaemmz duni aq xovj. Xi esi cuvj zuaph, tu xi jewi voni up uas jepft vu veli sotlt.

Uj, epf hu xovj vji cetod Qezqem eddv; vjiz emmux gsii sidiowoph qeznipvt xovjuav nupvjmz dutv.

Kenit G.
 
Xovj e cedl suapf moli vjev zua duamf fu nepz vjopht.
Ati zuas ifadevoup et miwisehi.

O'f ci gudatoph up dsievoph tunivjoph xovjop vji nevj/qjztodt podji't og O xisi zua topdi vjev ot zuas esie ug iyqisvoti.

Etqosi vu ci vji piyv Vitme.

Ximduni vu vji gusan:)
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom