The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

New kid

Gigantic_brain

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Apr 1, 2022
United States
Hello! I am a 17 y/o M in the U.S. and have recently finished TMF . I am pretty sheltered and don't have much life experience, so I get a lot from books. In my earlier years, I spent most of my time playing video games and I never had the drive to think long-term about my life. Some things I do now are: play the cello, play chess, learn Chinese, and I am learning python on my own. I want to acquire skills that will help me in creating a Fastlane business but am unsure of where to start and what to do based on my lack of experience.

My parents are both doctors so I have been expected to travel down the slow lane. I also go to a private school where everyone is focused on getting the top grades and going to a good college as their parents taught them. Everyone in my life is slow lane so it was the only thing I knew. My sister doesn't try as much in school and because of that my parent's expectations of me to go to a good college and get a "good job" go up. After reading TMF my mind always reminds me that they have been taught that the slow lane is the only path to success, and it is a conflicting feeling when I know there is a better alternative.

As a junior in high school, I am going through the college process and I have never felt so disconnected from a process involving my life. I don't really mind where I go but I want to be able to pursue a Fastlane lifestyle and not be overburdened by schoolwork. I know that I am at a good place in the slow lane but I don't want to regret years later that I let other people control my choices.

The Fastlane is a light to me but I am worried about not pursuing it because I care about what my parents and my friends think about me. I am also worried about delving into an unknown world and interacting with many different types of people. Despite this, I am excited to have a medium in which I can gain some wisdom from people who have achieved what I want to do.

Looking forward to meeting and getting to know you all!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

The WolfPreneur

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Mar 26, 2022
India
I really wanna appreciate your decision of choosing the fastlane at that point when most people around you just wanna spend their time on satisfying others. As well as Starting early can dramatically increase your chances of success.

But you're worried about getting on the wrong way and I think it's because you care what other people think about you because if you don't you can do whatever the heck you want to do.

Here is a solution to solve that problem-> Firstly understand that it doesn't matter what you do because 95% of time your actions and thoughts are as invaluable as a piece of dust in this world. And when you start thinking that way, you can do whatever you want. Jordan Peterson has made a excellent video on this, you can see it on his channel.

Last edited:

Guyfieri5

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Jul 13, 2019
Raleigh, North Carolina
Welcome to the forum and good for you getting into the Fastlane so early. Like you, I want my family to be happy with my decisions. It really comes down to what makes you happy though. I'm a bit older than you, but I'm going through a similar transformation and it is indeed scary to dive into the unknown. Keep your head up though and stick around. Tons of valuable information and a lot of awesome stories and wisdom on the forum you can check out.

Gigantic_brain

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Apr 1, 2022
United States
I really wanna appreciate your decision of choosing the fastlane at that point when most people around you just wanna spend their time on satisfying others. As well as Starting early can dramatically increase your chances of success.

But you're worried about getting on the wrong way and I think it's because you care what other people think about you because if you don't you can do whatever the heck you want to do.

Here is a solution to solve that problem-> Firstly understand that it doesn't matter what you do because 95% of time your actions and thoughts are as invaluable as a piece of dust in this world. And when you start thinking that way, you can do whatever you want. Jordan Peterson has made a excellent video on this, you can see it on his channel.
Thank you! Thanks to your advice, I have been looking through some videos of Jordan Peterson and watched some, but I am not sure if I saw the one you are referring to. Would you happen to remember the name?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Gigantic_brain

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Apr 1, 2022
United States
Welcome to the forum and good for you getting into the Fastlane so early. Like you, I want my family to be happy with my decisions. It really comes down to what makes you happy though. I'm a bit older than you, but I'm going through a similar transformation and it is indeed scary to dive into the unknown. Keep your head up though and stick around. Tons of valuable information and a lot of awesome stories and wisdom on the forum you can check out.
I am glad to be able to connect with someone going through something similar to me. I look forward to overcoming familial challenges in order to achieve personal success with you!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...