The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

New Intro - PaqMan

paqman

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Mar 22, 2013
Beach, CA
Hi All,

Thought after lurking for a few weeks I'd pop in and intro...

PaqMan, hailing from Orange County, CA. Been in various forms of self employment and entrepreneurship over the years. Last job working for someone else was over 15+ years ago. Ever since I took my last paycheck, the option was: "You can move from this department over to marketing/sales; or you can be a contractor for us and have other clients". I chose direction #2 and have never looked back.

Where I've succeeded:
- Financial: I've had a steady annual income that most people would be quite happy with. However there are months at a time where that feast is more of a famine. Stability is one of my long term goals.
- Family: Love my family. Try to do all I can to keep them at the forefront of all my decisions in personal and professional.
- Friends: Great circle of positive influencers
- Location: Beach living, altho get to put my feet in the sand rarely.

Where I've failed:
- Business: Creating "jobs" repeatedly. Great paying jobs, but income stream stops when I want to step away for more than a few days. This is why I'm here. Tired of the long hours, without any buffers.
- Financial: Strong income, not strong assets. Toy/gadget hound. Like to live well. Looking for more insight into better money management.

Here to Learn:
- Passive income generation
- Financial literacy and management
- Avoid "SOS" - Shiny Object Syndrome (i.e. chasing everything new and exciting)
- Shut up and Put Up - Take Action - Prepare and overcome failure gracefully

Strengths:
- Web and related tech (servers, workstations, networking, lan/wan, web design, LAMP, WordPress, Mobile, Responsive web, hosting, etc)
- Marketing & Sales (direct/performance mtkg, CPA, CPS, PPC, web analytics, tracking)
- People person - Keeping social in an anti-social tech world
- Help at length - If you need help in an area I can offer, will go to great lengths to provide it.

Currently Learning (offline/other venues):
- Copywriting for direct sales
- Media Buying (for scale - not branding)

Anyone needing any advice, help or other...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
A+ intro. Welcome to the forum

InLikeFlint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 19, 2012
Michigan, USA
Short and simple, really enjoyed it!

Welcome to the forum!

If you need any help with writing copy, let me know! I know a little bit about the subject, and write a little copy for myself, and for some freelance article jobs. You might notice some techniques I employ even in my forum posts :p

I would strongly suggest you check out CopyBlogger for information. I would pair it with an app called Pocket which allows you to save articles for offline reading, then you can read their posts when you get the time (airplanes are my go-to), LOTS of great info from them beginning from their very first post!

Hope to see you around!

Ravens_Shadow

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
643%
Oct 2, 2012
Austin, TX
Welcome to the forums! This is definitely the place to learn from.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LeftBench

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
316%
Jul 16, 2013
NJ
As a fellow new guy to the forum, welcome!

Amail

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Apr 12, 2012
North San Diego County
Welcome aboard! Having met you already I know you've got a lot to offer. I'm looking forward to what the future holds for you.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...