The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

New idea on job and interview search

Idea threads

frogger8429

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 9, 2019
Hi Everyone,

Over the years of wagecucking, I have noticed certain lifehacks on getting a job ( initial job search or interview). A simple job search tell you that a good role receive 1000+ of applications and the trick is to learn how to stand out from the crowd.

Some of them are sneaky, they are not 'taught' in school which makes them effective.

Eq. most jobs have a internet filtering system to filter candidates even before you meet a real interviewers. Which puts you at a big disadvantage if you want to switch industry or just green.

Solution:
civil solution: have an introduction paragraph, covering key words from the JD, craft resume blah blah
my solution: write all the keywords on your resume, and then, colour them white. The computer system detects it and puts you through the system, and the interviewer does not see the words in the PDF copy.

~
I googled online and do not see anyone doing it. Which brings me to the question.

How would I know it is a viable proposition? It helps people, it can be scaled, does not take too much time.
What will be a good way to scale this project, who can i sell this to?, eg. unemployed people means that they have no money?

Thanks for giving me feedbacks, will pay it forward. :)

FG

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted50669

Hi Everyone,

Over the years of wagecucking, I have noticed certain lifehacks on getting a job ( initial job search or interview). A simple job search tell you that a good role receive 1000+ of applications and the trick is to learn how to stand out from the crowd.

Some of them are sneaky, they are not 'taught' in school which makes them effective.

Eq. most jobs have a internet filtering system to filter candidates even before you meet a real interviewers. Which puts you at a big disadvantage if you want to switch industry or just green.

Solution:
civil solution: have an introduction paragraph, covering key words from the JD, craft resume blah blah
my solution: write all the keywords on your resume, and then, colour them white. The computer system detects it and puts you through the system, and the interviewer does not see the words in the PDF copy.

~
I googled online and do not see anyone doing it. Which brings me to the question.

How would I know it is a viable proposition? It helps people, it can be scaled, does not take too much time.
What will be a good way to scale this project, who can i sell this to?, eg. unemployed people means that they have no money?

Thanks for giving me feedbacks, will pay it forward. :)

FG
Most people I know are aware of this trick to satisfy the algorithms. But yea, unemployed people may not (they are probably unemployed because they are too lazy to bother applying, let along applying with a trick). That being said, you could aggressively price it. Could be implemented with a web app, but would require extensive use of javascript regular expressions if I had to guess.

frogger8429

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 9, 2019
Most people I know are aware of this trick to satisfy the algorithms. But yea, unemployed people may not (they are probably unemployed because they are too lazy to bother applying, let along applying with a trick). That being said, you could aggressively price it. Could be implemented with a web app, but would require extensive use of javascript regular expressions if I had to guess.

That is just one of the tricks that you can use, there's many more. haha.

Should I write a book on the subject and attempt to sell it? I was thinking that I can upsell it, with courses but I wonder if its going to be too unorthodox for the mainstream buyers ( Universities, HR firms) to recommend.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.