The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

New here and got too many ideas !

Anything related to matters of the mind

Genia

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Jul 13, 2023
France
Greetings everyone,

What bring me here :

I really appreciated the cold truth of the FastLane book, and the commentary made inside by DeMarco made me realise that I indeed do not want to have a slow growth, I want to be able to use my freedom as a young guy to travel, eat delicious food, spoil my family and my friends, I just want to share everything I like with people I love, and also share what makes them happy. For information, I came from slowlane degree, 5 years in school, I feel like I lost my time, but I am a certified IT engineer, which is nice.

My struggles :

But I am kinda lost, now, I had few ideas that I tried to work on and after some analysis and also by using the tool to grade my business, none of my ideas were good enough, or they would need too much of this or too much of that. I struggle to find the good product to create and sell because I don't see any good opportunity for now. There isn't any particular thing that I stumbled upon, not anything that people around me needed.

Of course, I read the book, I know I must seek for chances everywhere outside to fulfill a need, most needs that I find require me to get ahold of a factory of anything, so for now I keep working on my job and I'm a bit aimless on what to do. My goal would be to create a little business, make it grow in few branches with good employee, excellent services, loads of detailed and structured procedures and then sell it to start another thing.

My mind is busy on multiple ideas and I have to chose just one and focus on it, I think.

My qualities (I guess) :

-I am a good listener, I love to listen about other people lives, it honestly fill me with joy when people share their stories with me, and I also always seek at things that I can give to them to help them in anyway possible, trying to find ideas for what I think is the best ideas.
-Very curious, if I didn't liked workout so much, I would spent almost all my days reading and learning about stuff.
-Sharing is one of my main passion, when I can teach lessons about what life made me do, so others do not lose time or suffer for the same stuff I did.

Can anyone try to help me on this aspects ? It would be very gentle of you to help a fellow beginner, I don't have any friends who are interested in business like I am so I don't have people to rely on to learn or share.

Thanks for reading, and I wish prosperity to your businesses and your life.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Greetings everyone,

What bring me here :

I really appreciated the cold truth of the FastLane book, and the commentary made inside by DeMarco made me realise that I indeed do not want to have a slow growth, I want to be able to use my freedom as a young guy to travel, eat delicious food, spoil my family and my friends, I just want to share everything I like with people I love, and also share what makes them happy. For information, I came from slowlane degree, 5 years in school, I feel like I lost my time, but I am a certified IT engineer, which is nice.

My struggles :

But I am kinda lost, now, I had few ideas that I tried to work on and after some analysis and also by using the tool to grade my business, none of my ideas were good enough, or they would need too much of this or too much of that. I struggle to find the good product to create and sell because I don't see any good opportunity for now. There isn't any particular thing that I stumbled upon, not anything that people around me needed.

Of course, I read the book, I know I must seek for chances everywhere outside to fulfill a need, most needs that I find require me to get ahold of a factory of anything, so for now I keep working on my job and I'm a bit aimless on what to do. My goal would be to create a little business, make it grow in few branches with good employee, excellent services, loads of detailed and structured procedures and then sell it to start another thing.

My mind is busy on multiple ideas and I have to chose just one and focus on it, I think.

My qualities (I guess) :

-I am a good listener, I love to listen about other people lives, it honestly fill me with joy when people share their stories with me, and I also always seek at things that I can give to them to help them in anyway possible, trying to find ideas for what I think is the best ideas.
-Very curious, if I didn't liked workout so much, I would spent almost all my days reading and learning about stuff.
-Sharing is one of my main passion, when I can teach lessons about what life made me do, so others do not lose time or suffer for the same stuff I did.

Can anyone try to help me on this aspects ? It would be very gentle of you to help a fellow beginner, I don't have any friends who are interested in business like I am so I don't have people to rely on to learn or share.

Here's my question to you... What can you do with your talents and education to help just one person today -- whether you get paid or not -- whether it's a home run or not -- whether it is your lifelong dream or not --

What I'm hearing from you is a lack of passion for just about everything. Have you really suffered? How do you really feel about your life? You have a fabulous education, but you're worried that you wasted those years in school? You look like a pleasant chap, but you're not even secure in telling us your strengths and good qualities ("I guess") And the list goes on. It comes down to this. What kind of work would make your heart sing? What would propel you out of bed in the mornings and keep you awake at night thinking through your next step? When the going gets tough, and it will, what will keep you keeping on keeping on?

Genia

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Jul 13, 2023
France
Here's my question to you... What can you do with your talents and education to help just one person today -- whether you get paid or not -- whether it's a home run or not -- whether it is your lifelong dream or not --

What I'm hearing from you is a lack of passion for just about everything. Have you really suffered? How do you really feel about your life? You have a fabulous education, but you're worried that you wasted those years in school? You look like a pleasant chap, but you're not even secure in telling us your strengths and good qualities ("I guess") And the list goes on. It comes down to this. What kind of work would make your heart sing? What would propel you out of bed in the mornings and keep you awake at night thinking through your next step? When the going gets tough, and it will, what will keep you keeping on keeping on?
Thanks for your answer ! And those are really good questions. It took me time to question myself.

Different stuffs, I could help about workout plans, diet, mental health, IT related stuff, management or the stuff that I do rather quite good.

Having suffered is everyone's life and the degree shouldn't be compared, but yeah I got stuff happening, and I learned a whole lot from this. My life is rather good, for now I'm looking at the greater plan, or something to do to help others.
I feel like it got wasted because I feel like I was pursuing someone else's dream all along, after reading the Fastlane, I realised why I felt weird about my whole master degree. I studied to be able to work for others, not to work for myself.

I'm still trying to figure out the kind of work that would make my heart sing. I got multiple ideas, the end goal is to offer maximum quality. I could be happy selling waffles with a smile to people, also I could be happy pen-testing businesses to offer good advices.
The end goal is freedom, though. The freedom of mind and money, so I got that for me to keep going, because I'm willing to sacrifice almost everything to attain freedom.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Thanks for your answer ! And those are really good questions. It took me time to question myself.

Different stuffs, I could help about workout plans, diet, mental health, IT related stuff, management or the stuff that I do rather quite good.

Having suffered is everyone's life and the degree shouldn't be compared, but yeah I got stuff happening, and I learned a whole lot from this. My life is rather good, for now I'm looking at the greater plan, or something to do to help others.
I feel like it got wasted because I feel like I was pursuing someone else's dream all along, after reading the Fastlane, I realised why I felt weird about my whole master degree. I studied to be able to work for others, not to work for myself.

I'm still trying to figure out the kind of work that would make my heart sing. I got multiple ideas, the end goal is to offer maximum quality. I could be happy selling waffles with a smile to people, also I could be happy pen-testing businesses to offer good advices.
The end goal is freedom, though. The freedom of mind and money, so I got that for me to keep going, because I'm willing to sacrifice almost everything to attain freedom.
So what does your freedom look like? How does it taste? How does it feel? You keep talking about money related to that dream as the vehicle that gets you there. You have an end game in mind rather than a journey. Your talk about lofty ideas and ideals that more sound like an elevator pitch than embarking on a personal struggle to build a business and a life. You are looking for that perfect plan -- the foolproof yellow brick road -- the keys to the kingdom... I'm wondering IF arriving at your goal is gonna be anything like you've imagined.

I not downplaying your dreams (although you may think I am). I can only tell you what I know about the struggle and the journey. There are no magic formulas or perfect plans. I can't tell you how many course corrections I have taken over the years. My past is dotted with dismal failures and missteps. Ir'a the same for my fellow travelers. We've all really screwed up time and time again.

What sets us apart is that we started without having all the pieces of the puzzle. We picked up the knowledge along the way and the resources we needed. We learned from our skinned knees and bad decisions. We had the grit to carry on when all was lost... or that's how it looked at that moment. We've tried things and pivoted to try something else. People around us told us we were the stupidest blockheads on the planet. But we couldn't hear them. We were too busy figuring out our next move and fixing the problem of the moment.

Yes, we each have big goals. Mine are a lot more modest than some people on this Forum. But I had a couple of them at the top of my to-do list for more than 35 years. I hit one of them and crossed it off in 2020. The second big one fell off my list about a month ago. In both instances, I got up the following day and put my jeans on one leg at a time. I went to my office at my normal time and life went on. Am I happier and better off because those two items are no longer on my to-do list? I've realized that the effects had been in place for a long time before the deed was done. Arriving was rather anti-climatic while the journey has been a hell of a ride.

Genia

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Jul 13, 2023
France
What sets us apart is that we started without having all the pieces of the puzzle. We picked up the knowledge along the way and the resources we needed. We learned from our skinned knees and bad decisions.
Indeed, good point on reminding me that there is no perfect plan. The hardest thing is always the first step, I guess, after that, you have to figure how to not fall and get up in case of failure.

Also you are true, I lost focus of the journey and focused on the endgame. I would precise my thought, my goal is to still work and offer quality value to my clients, even though I hesitate on few different things, but if I share them here it isn't the best place, I guess it would be better to go into the idea section.

Anyway, your profile seems to state you are into real estate business, is it still worthy ? By nowadays it gets very pricey and it is a lot of troubles, from what I've heard. Maybe using sites like Bricks.co would be a great start. Can I get to know what make you wake up in the morning and make advance for the next step, going beyond and beyond ?

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Indeed, good point on reminding me that there is no perfect plan. The hardest thing is always the first step, I guess, after that, you have to figure how to not fall and get up in case of failure.

Also you are true, I lost focus of the journey and focused on the endgame. I would precise my thought, my goal is to still work and offer quality value to my clients, even though I hesitate on few different things, but if I share them here it isn't the best place, I guess it would be better to go into the idea section.

Anyway, your profile seems to state you are into real estate business, is it still worthy ? By nowadays it gets very pricey and it is a lot of troubles, from what I've heard. Maybe using sites like Bricks.co would be a great start. Can I get to know what make you wake up in the morning and make advance for the next step, going beyond and beyond ?
Yes, I've been in RE for 47 years. I started when we still used typewriters, no calculators, no sales training -- my broker told me, "There's your desk. There's your phone, Go to work." We had no computers or cell phones. I had just graduated from college for the first time and my husband, at that time, made more as a common laborer than I made with my college degree. In RE they had to pay me like a man per deal on commission. I'm a very determined cuss.

Is RE still worth it? Read MJ's recent post about owning your assets.

What gets me up in the morning? I've worked just about every day since I was 11 years old. Today I get to use my RE business to help people. I provide affordable housing for my community and the only self-service Laundromat here in our little town. I spend a lot of time mentoring people and quietly helping them.

I lived in LA for 30 years and I had a high-powered career. I have 4 college degrees including my JD from law school. No, I didn't become an attorney. I went to law school after my first family left home. I used that education in my RE business. And yes, I raised another family, my stepkids, with my present husband later in my life.

I spend my personal time doing things like talking to you. I've thought about writing books, but by going on this Forum, and writing from my heart, I get to talk to a lot of people who are building lives and businesses. This is just one of my points of contact. I think I probably reach a lot more people through this choice.

The best part of my success is the people that I touch. I believe that one person can change the world and I hope I can be one of those people. I think of it as throwing a pebble in a pond and watching the ripples go out to cover the whole pond. I try to leave everywhere I go better than when I got there.

Sega Saph

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Dec 17, 2021
Russia
Hello!
Is RE still worth it? Read MJ's recent post about owning your assets.
HERE is the thread which @WJK (Thanks so much for sharing) was talking about, I suppose! Enjoy this one, buddy. @Genia
Short answer - HELL FREAKIN YEAH.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
We closed the Laundromat for the night and I reread your post.

Do you really believe that RE is in trouble? Don't jump in until you learn about the cycles -- business cycles and credit cycles. Jumping in the wrong time can really put a hurt on you.

I run contra of the human herd. People do things at the same time, in the same direction. I sell when others are buying. I buy when they are selling. I don't have to hit the exact points of peaks and valleys. Close is good enough because the market turns on a dime without fanfare. I've been around long enough to feel the earth moving under my feet when it's getting ready to take a turn. I just cannot predict that exact moment when it's going sideways.

Genia

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Jul 13, 2023
France
We closed the Laundromat for the night and I reread your post.

Do you really believe that RE is in trouble? Don't jump in until you learn about the cycles -- business cycles and credit cycles. Jumping in the wrong time can really put a hurt on you.

I run contra of the human herd. People do things at the same time, in the same direction. I sell when others are buying. I buy when they are selling. I don't have to hit the exact points of peaks and valleys. Close is good enough because the market turns on a dime without fanfare. I've been around long enough to feel the earth moving under my feet when it's getting ready to take a turn. I just cannot predict that exact moment when it's going sideways.
I see you have a good records on this kind of things.
One of my ideas would be to own few garages, so I could make some easy rent without much trouble and then invest in a real house and stuff like this, but I'm afraid it will become something that took too much money, to repay the debt to buy it.

Isn't it a better idea to buy it whole ?

Again, thanks for your time and your advices, it is mostly precious.

rensjake

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Mar 11, 2023
Greetings everyone,

What bring me here :

My struggles :

My qualities (I guess) :

In this era
Access is the New currency

Value is your money

Wisdom is better than money

This is my one and only advice for you
Wisdom is better than money, if you want wealth go for wisdom
if you give an average person a 1 million he would not know what to do or how would he make that 1 million bigger, in the end he will just lose it.

What is wisdom?

There are four levels of wisdom

First is (IGNORACE) Not knowing any thing, By saying you don't know it "instead of saying nah i already know that" you should strive to keep learning, if you keep on being ignorant you would know alot more and gain information through different subjects that you would want to learn.

Second is (KNOWING) what is knowing? it is knowing of "TRUTH"
from ignorace to knowing the truth knowing the exact peices that you need in order to progress further in your journer or knowing the how to move the peices in chess board.

Third is (UNDERSTANDING) Understanding is the collection of truth means you collect the exact understanding or principle, Lets say you are an builder if you are an builder you would need to learn about laws of physics, laws of thermodynamics and so on and so fort, while in chess it would mean that you would understand every single movements of the chess peices.

Fourth is (KNOWLEDGE) knowledge is the "assimilation of TRUTH" by fully understanding on how it connect to each other and how it proggress to each other or how different pieces would play together.

Lastly is Wisdom or what we call today SKILL

Wisdom is the "APPLICATION OF TRUTH" applying all the knowledge and mastering the principles and everything about it would be the highest stages of knowledge.

not gonna lie wisdom is definetly hard to get probbaly need to ask god for that many times just like king solomon did before. oh why did we dive into the bible...
Anyway that will be enough for you to understand

rensjake

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Mar 11, 2023
One of my ideas would be to own few garages, so I could make some easy rent without much trouble and then invest in a real house and stuff like this, but I'm afraid it will become something that took too much money, to repay the debt to buy it.

Just get an access to garages, you know make a websites that list garages then they would pay you for 1- 20$ that is alot more better plan i would say, since access is the new currency, then after you make tons of money you buy your own garage

sounds simple but it will definetly gonna be one hell of a journey HAHAHA

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska

I started out "bird-dogging" ghetto houses in Los Angeles when we still called them "Equity Purchases" -- before it was sexy to fix up old houses. "Bird-dogging" is locating properties for investors to buy and fix up. Now it's called flipping. Finally, I saved enough to start in that business. My part was funded through my brokerage business. I started with little houses, then apartments, and finally with small commercial buildings. I had investors/partners that supplied most of the money to do the projects. I became very well-known in that area as a reliable person.

One of my investors is still a close friend. He's in his late 80s now. I'll be 70 this winter. We talk to each other all the time. And to think our friendship started over broken down, smelly old ghetto houses 35 or 40 years ago!

From there, the hard money boys started calling me asking me to appraise their commercial loan package properties. I didn't know girls couldn't do it -- or that was the truism of that time. The good 'ol boys had a corner on the market and there were only 7% women in that part of the RE business. It was way before licensing and these private lenders were only looking for opinion letters. So I sat down at my Apple 2E computer and did the work. I had quite a bit of business coming in before the good 'ol boys discovered me. They spent years trying to knock me out of the business. I even went to law school and got that degree to fight them. But, in the end, I continued and they lost their power through licensing in the 1990s. By then I had taken all of the professional appraising classes and I ended up with a Certified General license, for commercial and residential appraising.

Now I'm a professional RE investor. So, I know a little bit about the field.

One thing I can tell you is that you really need to define what you are saying by wanting your freedom. If you're going to give up your life to take this quest, you'd better know what you really want. If you are interested in exploring that topic with me, I have lots to say on the subject. If not, or not now, I wish you good luck and God's speed.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
In this era

Value is your money

This is my one and only advice for you
Wisdom is better than money, if you want wealth go for wisdom
if you give an average person a 1 million he would not know what to do or how would he make that 1 million bigger, in the end he will just lose it.

What is wisdom?

There are four levels of wisdom

First is (IGNORACE) Not knowing any thing, By saying you don't know it "instead of saying nah i already know that" you should strive to keep learning, if you keep on being ignorant you would know alot more and gain information through different subjects that you would want to learn.

Second is (KNOWING) what is knowing? it is knowing of "TRUTH"
from ignorace to knowing the truth knowing the exact peices that you need in order to progress further in your journer or knowing the how to move the peices in chess board.

Third is (UNDERSTANDING) Understanding is the collection of truth means you collect the exact understanding or principle, Lets say you are an builder if you are an builder you would need to learn about laws of physics, laws of thermodynamics and so on and so fort, while in chess it would mean that you would understand every single movements of the chess peices.

Fourth is (KNOWLEDGE) knowledge is the "assimilation of TRUTH" by fully understanding on how it connect to each other and how it proggress to each other or how different pieces would play together.

Lastly is Wisdom or what we call today SKILL

Wisdom is the "APPLICATION OF TRUTH" applying all the knowledge and mastering the principles and everything about it would be the highest stages of knowledge.

not gonna lie wisdom is definetly hard to get probbaly need to ask god for that many times just like king solomon did before. oh why did we dive into the bible...
I totally agree.

Then there's the road to becoming an expert.

1. You don't know that you don't know.
2. You know that you don't know.
3. You try it and can do it with great difficulty.
4. You can do it with effort and attention.
5. You can do it without thinking. You make it look so easy that everyone thinks they can do it. You're an expert.

Gappie

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jul 12, 2023
For information, I came from slowlane degree, 5 years in school, I feel like I lost my time, but I am a certified IT engineer, which is nice.
First of all, I must say that I appreciate the open-heartedness. While you don't have all the answers, you're not afraid to show that. You can see that it pays off immediately, because WJK immediately responds to it.

Second, I think the quote above is a matter of perspective. Maybe it wasn't your plan in the first place, but look at the value it may hold. If you look around today, you will see everything is backed by IT. There's more demand than supply for developers and that probably also counts for IT entrepreneurs.

I'd say you haven't wasted any time. In the meantime, did you have a better alternative? At least what you did was productive. And you don't sound like you don't want to do anything IT related, right?

Genia

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Jul 13, 2023
France
In this era

Value is your money

Very interesting point of view that you offer there.
As it seems what I should just keep doing is ... just doing and doing until I become good. I know that I don't know anything, the more I dig, the more I find treasures of knowledge, it would need a lifetime to gather everything that I would like to know, but I still, having wisdom sound indeed like a good plan.

Everyone that I see in here that seems to have success must have acquired wisdom, some faster than others, some slower but the point is not the goal, it is the journey !
I started out "bird-dogging" ghetto houses in Los Angeles when we still called them "Equity Purchases" -- before it was sexy to fix up old houses. "Bird-dogging" is locating properties for investors to buy and fix up. Now it's called flipping. Finally, I saved enough to start in that business. My part was funded through my brokerage business. I started with little houses, then apartments, and finally with small commercial buildings. I had investors/partners that supplied most of the money to do the projects. I became very well-known in that area as a reliable person.

One of my investors is still a close friend. He's in his late 80s now. I'll be 70 this winter. We talk to each other all the time. And to think our friendship started over broken down, smelly old ghetto houses 35 or 40 years ago!

From there, the hard money boys started calling me asking me to appraise their commercial loan package properties. I didn't know girls couldn't do it -- or that was the truism of that time. The good 'ol boys had a corner on the market and there were only 7% women in that part of the RE business. It was way before licensing and these private lenders were only looking for opinion letters. So I sat down at my Apple 2E computer and did the work. I had quite a bit of business coming in before the good 'ol boys discovered me. They spent years trying to knock me out of the business. I even went to law school and got that degree to fight them. But, in the end, I continued and they lost their power through licensing in the 1990s. By then I had taken all of the professional appraising classes and I ended up with a Certified General license, for commercial and residential appraising.

Now I'm a professional RE investor. So, I know a little bit about the field.

One thing I can tell you is that you really need to define what you are saying by wanting your freedom. If you're going to give up your life to take this quest, you'd better know what you really want. If you are interested in exploring that topic with me, I have lots to say on the subject. If not, or not now, I wish you good luck and God's speed.
Seems like you have gone through some kind of hard things, you seem also to have never given up, kept taking education and surrounded yourself with good people.
And yes, flipping properties sound like a good idea, I got people in my family who did this, but after doing it for 10 properties, back broken and can't move out of bed at 40 years old. Rich but can't move.

You seem also quite humble to say you know a little bit, after all what you did, I must think you know way more than myself.
I'd say you haven't wasted any time. In the meantime, did you have a better alternative? At least what you did was productive. And you don't sound like you don't want to do anything IT related, right?
Indeed, it wasn't complete waste of time, I gained valuable experience since I did worked as an IT technicien, admin and then manager through my studies (I don't know the name, I worked 3 weeks at companies and 1 week in school), so it is quite humble.
One of my idea would be to hire consultants and make them work at different places, I know there is few businesses like these anyway, but I'm sure I could do better.
First of all, I must say that I appreciate the open-heartedness. While you don't have all the answers, you're not afraid to show that. You can see that it pays off immediately, because WJK immediately responds to it.

WJK is just very kind and seems to like to share her knowledge and I appreciate it, and thanks also for your valuable comment about being open and curious. We both start humbly in this path

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Very interesting point of view that you offer there.
As it seems what I should just keep doing is ... just doing and doing until I become good. I know that I don't know anything, the more I dig, the more I find treasures of knowledge, it would need a lifetime to gather everything that I would like to know, but I still, having wisdom sound indeed like a good plan.

Everyone that I see in here that seems to have success must have acquired wisdom, some faster than others, some slower but the point is not the goal, it is the journey !

Seems like you have gone through some kind of hard things, you seem also to have never given up, kept taking education and surrounded yourself with good people.
And yes, flipping properties sound like a good idea, I got people in my family who did this, but after doing it for 10 properties, back broken and can't move out of bed at 40 years old. Rich but can't move.

You seem also quite humble to say you know a little bit, after all what you did, I must think you know way more than myself.

Indeed, it wasn't complete waste of time, I gained valuable experience since I did worked as an IT technicien, admin and then manager through my studies (I don't know the name, I worked 3 weeks at companies and 1 week in school), so it is quite humble.
One of my idea would be to hire consultants and make them work at different places, I know there is few businesses like these anyway, but I'm sure I could do better.

WJK is just very kind and seems to like to share her knowledge and I appreciate it, and thanks also for your valuable comment about being open and curious. We both start humbly in this path
What drew me to your posts is that so far you have done what others wanted you to do. I am living the life my mom wanted for me and she died almost 20 years ago. I had the life in LA that I wanted and went to school for. I was an expert witness in RE in State and Federal court, and I did litigation support. Then my mom had a couple of strokes and really needed me. I gave up everything and brought her to our home here. She died the first winter.

This is not the life I wanted. But, I married a wonderful man here, raised another family, and I settled down for the long haul. I believe in thriving where ever you end up. And that I have done. I use the gifts, talents, and education that I have to make it work for everyone. I'd love to see you do the same. Take a personal inventory and figure out your path. As a wise man told me after law school, "It's your education. You can do whatever you want with it!" He was right and I have.

Genia

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Jul 13, 2023
France
I use the gifts, talents, and education that I have to make it work for everyone. I'd love to see you do the same. Take a personal inventory and figure out your path.
That is one of my goal and it's pretty wholesome, the way you described your life.
I want to be able to free my family and my friends from money constraints (to an extend, of course), but I wanna give what my parents gave me. They paid for my master degree, I have to repay it, and my friends I also want to be able to offer them whatever I want, stuff like this.

For now I'm trying to figure out my path, it's been few weeks since I read the Fastlane book, and I have to digest every new opportunities offered to me.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
That is one of my goal and it's pretty wholesome, the way you described your life.
I want to be able to free my family and my friends from money constraints (to an extend, of course), but I wanna give what my parents gave me. They paid for my master degree, I have to repay it, and my friends I also want to be able to offer them whatever I want, stuff like this.

For now I'm trying to figure out my path, it's been few weeks since I read the Fastlane book, and I have to digest every new opportunities offered to me.
I understand the force that is driving you. What I'm most proud of in my life is this. I took care of my mom for the last 10 years of her life. Those were wonderful years. My personal needs are simple and I'm a minimalist when it comes to things. But caring for my mom for those years has meant the world to me. Being in the position to make that choice is part of my definition of freedom and business success.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...